LAMPING THE DALES

How tired am I lol: , what a long shift we just did. mat up with Andy superdogs and Hare hunter, and we started lamping at 9 pm.

there was a good breeze blowing , but it was a little light at times , and very mild. to warm in fact early on. after the first bit and back to the car we had 26 rabbits 13 each in a hour and half. they had been dunked in the river a few times to cool off , and to be honest we didn't think a monster bag was on the cards with the heat.

after a quik drink at the car, we moved on and the bag grew steadily, untill we got to this little field. i had walked in first and picked a quik 3 up whilst till stood at the gate. i shone the light on asd to get his atention , as i new this was going to be a good field.

this is was what we needed 10 mins in this field and i had cought 10 rabbits, them two acounting for the same, by now my total was 34, Thumbsup: and it was at this point i thought the TON was on.

in the next field and another quik 3 for me. at this point we had to turn back and go the way we came and pick up rabbits on the way back to the motor. once they were collected and droped at a pick up point , i had 10 mins laid flat out , feck i was knackered Clap: im just glad they didnt photo me Shy: .

by now my batterie had gone so we were down to just HH , lamp, things started getting sticky now, the rabbits wernt hanging around, and hh lamp was on the fade as well , when we got to the car, Tara had cought 40 , and Ginny had 47.

Andy was all set to call it a night, nope: but feck that. we had back up lol: my lamp plugged in the car and hh on perascope duty Clap:

so we headed of to another farm, and drove the fields , Tara came back in to her own here, and qukily rattled up the 10 she needed for her 50, then we let Ginny out to catch her 3 she needed for the 50, wich she duly did Thumbsup:

so we done it the magical TON 100 bunnys , but with 2 dogs Thumbsup:

we had finished around 4 am

by the time we had aranged the rabbits for the pic , and gutted them and got back to andys car to set of for home it was 6 am Yikes:

a great night with TWO dogs that worked out of there skin

UP PERASCOPE

DSCF1227.jpg

DSCF1230.jpg

DSCF1231.jpg

DSCF1235.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clapper: NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A CATCH :D ,over 1/2 a moon and not perfect conditions,just goes to show with the right dogs and the right men behind them just what can be done ;) ..this may seem a tad "off track" after amassing those but were either or both of the dogs still capable of continuing or was it a case of total exhaustion and that was it no matter what? All the best PP.
:clapper: NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A CATCH :D ,over 1/2 a moon and not perfect conditions,just goes to show with the right dogs and the right men behind them just what can be done ;) ..this may seem a tad "off track" after amassing those but were either or both of the dogs still capable of continuing or was it a case of total exhaustion and that was it no matter what? All the best PP.

to be honest i think they both could have gone on, in particular Andys/ginnyspiners dog GINNY, she certainly has more staminar than Tara.

Tara on the other hand realy like's the driving thing , feck knows why, perhaps she likes the extra light from the headlights or just a difrent chalenge.

Andys dog had also been out in the day hunting and the previouse couple of nights. poor dog never see's its bed, :D coss ginnyspinner is relentless with her , and has her at peek fitness