Sign in to follow this  
IanB

Rat, Squirrel & Rabbit Snaring

Has anyone ever used the rabbit traps which you make out of two aluminium cans? Really easy to do and actually quite successful. Tutorial here:

make rabbit traps

Has anyone ever used the rabbit traps which you make out of two aluminium cans? Really easy to do and actually quite successful. Tutorial here:

make rabbit traps

Has anyone got a picture of one of those traps finished? I can't quite seem to understand it.

me nither, are they like coke cans, or dog food cans.??

dog food cans, from what I can make off it, once the top and bottom are removed from one can, you need to un roll the top bit of can, the bit that makes the lip, or the bit you have cut off, depending what can opener you use, so it can be pushed into the 2nd can, I have no idea on the size of can used, but it sounds so silly, it will probably work

It sounds so silly it probably WONT work,if it was so easy forget fenns,body-grips etc,just collect recycled cans instead :whistling:

Hi,

Can you set rabbit snares in the burrow entrances and if so how do you suggest?

I have successfully used snares on open runs, but there are now so many deer about that a lot of the breakaway snares I use are being pulled.

Cheers