Neo-Prohibition? (1st May in Scotland)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they want to change the culture (and boozing in Scotland is a cultural thing just like Ireland) then they should follow England’s example and import 98 million Muslims !  Things like this are

Most of the SNP followers are all the alkie c**ts and drug addicts also a fair few on disability. Deluded in thinking if the SNP get independence there benefits are going to double overnight and there

Alkies will still be getting pissed just means less money for food for the kid's.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, sussex said:

I was reading that an 8 o’clock off sales curfew was the next move ....

The wee woman and her followers seem to know what’s best for you’s ...

Then when she’s got you all off the beer hopefully she’l get to grips with all this cloutie dumpling business...stoggie food and beer  ! wee eck will sort you out ...:rofl:

They already have a 10pm to 10am after sales curfew, do they not think we just stock up more than we need and drink more?

29 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Doesn't affect me anyway I don't drink but it's still just another long line of useless legislation from kranky 

Likewise pal :thumbs:

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

You and Scott could do with a drink.

Believe me, you’d like me a lot better when I’m sober ! 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

It's only fermented fruit anyway, plenty of glens and woodland to get your stills going, moonshiner,s Scotland bring it on ?

Many of today's Highlands distillerys were born from illegal stills

14 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Many of today's Highlands distillerys were born from illegal stills

Some of the famous US moonshiners have gone legal over the years.

Today's interesting fact - you can't drink Jack Daniels in the town where it's made !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Some of the famous US moonshiners have gone legal over the years.

Today's interesting fact - you can't drink Jack Daniels in the town where it's made !

Well, so you can’t......I found that a pretty interesting fact and looked it up.

Be interesting to spend time there and see what effect (if any) that has socially.

5 hours ago, WILF said:

Things like this are a joke really.......if governments think there is a massive drink problem then they should be asking “why” and you can bet the top answer won’t be the price !

Like everything else, it's a token gesture that looks like they're doing something on paper but doesn't actually do f*ck all to tackle what it's been sold as. Sounds all too familiar. Living in a state that has huge restrictions on the purchasing of alcohol it simply drives the revenue out of state and into the cash registers of other businesses. The figures look great as officially there are a low number of drinkers but it's plain and simply massaging the figures.

In 5 years all these ministers will be patting themselves on the back for a job well done. People will be buying less booze and everything will look amazing. Except that the illicit trade will be through the roof and problem is being swept under the rug.

The biggest irony in all of this is that taxpayer is subsidizing parliamentary boozing to the tune of millions a year. Do as we say. Not as we do.

TO.png.29169703f458a48c83ebd5b7f825a1d7.png

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Take away alcohol and suddenly everyone is on the Liberty train! :laugh:

That's British as f**k that. "You can have our rights, our money, our guns and our lives. But we draw the line at our alcohol!".

You can have my pint when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

• Like 2