Proud to be English

Few swings of incense and some chants in Latin will ease his suffering!

Remember the last case with the dying kid. Went to court the lot. Dr in America was going fix him. Turned out he hadn't even seen the kids records.

Just an irritate social media freak show disgusting! 

• Like 1

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always

Thank you for your sentiments, Wilf, but I wasn't looking for sympathy mate. Not at all. I looked at this story, but I was also thinking of little Alfie Evans and many the many others like him. I

I'm gonna wade in here.... The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training

Posted Images

3 hours ago, walshie said:

Where would you draw the line at keeping someone artificially alive? 18 months? 18 years? 50 years? I'm sure they could keep him alive (only in the biological sense) for a long. long time. 

I can see where everyone is coming from on this story. All totally valid opinions. Myself and Mrs Jones were on the bright side of a premature baby and while he struggled early on he made a full recovery. We never put in this gut-wrenching situation.

Like Walshie says though... At what point do you draw the line? At what point is the evidence so strongly against you that you decide the undecidable?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I can see where everyone is coming from on this story. All totally valid opinions. Myself and Mrs Jones were on the bright side of a premature baby and while he struggled early on he made a full recovery. We never put in this gut-wrenching situation.

Like Walshie says though... At what point do you draw the line? At what point is the evidence so strongly against you that you decide the undecidable?

For me, the point is, only two people have that right to decide and that’s the parents.

No court or doctor should be allowed to order you to kill your kid........I don’t care what anyone says, that’s just fundamentally wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

For me, the point is, only two people have that right to decide and that’s the parents.

No court or doctor should be allowed to order you to kill your kid........I don’t care what anyone says, that’s just fundamentally wrong.

What is the reason for them withdrawing treatment?

I'm new to this story.

13 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'm new to this story.

I don’t know the exact reason but keep this in mind mate.....the NHS is a public service that that family, their family’s and their great grandchildren have and will be paying for.

This is not private and they have not run out of money.

They have no right to “withdraw treatment”......they have been paid to keep people alive so keep them alive.

Edited by WILF
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t know the exact reason but keep this in mind mate.....the NHS is a public service that that family, their family’s and their great grandchildren have and will be paying for.

This is not private and they have run out of money.

They have no right to “withdraw treatment”......they have been paid to keep people alive so keep them alive.

You don't know the exact reason but you implied the drs don't give a f**k and using words like"killing" . come on wilf!

Let's be honest here it's like the abortion thread pro life regardless of anything else no matter circumstances. Quality of life or suffering. 

I admitted I didn't know the actual facts but thought you did going by the wording and thread.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'm new to this story.

From what I've read I don't think the doctors are 100% sure what's caused his problems...he wasn't born the way he is now

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, scothunter said:

You don't know the exact reason but you implied the drs don't give a f**k and using words like"killing" . come on wilf!

Let's be honest here it's like the abortion thread pro life regardless of anything else no matter circumstances. Quality of life or suffering. 

I admitted I didn't know the actual facts but thought you did going by the wording and thread.

Mate, I’m not being a prick but what’s the difference between knowingly taking away something that is keeping someone alive and killing? 

The end result is they die.

Quality of life suffering prolonging the inevitable.

You mentioned a "cat" earlier .

I would never let my dog suffer or have a shit quality of life just to appease my own selfish reasons yea I know there a huge difference in a child to a dog but imo the principal is the same.

I know you live in Ireland but you're turning into one mate bitter against the British establishment at every opportunity to slate it. You be joining the IRA next lol (joke)

I’ll add, I can’t believe that there is even a discussion to be had about if the NHS should allow a toddler to die?.......I mean, what is there to talk about or consider?

You can’t even make a monetary case because the NHS is awash with money.

Should a nationalised industry and a high court judge have the final say on weather to end the life of a private citizens child?........I don’t even know how you can make an argument for it?

4 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Quality of life suffering prolonging the inevitable.

You mentioned a "cat" earlier .

I would never let my dog suffer or have a shit quality of life just to appease my own selfish reasons yea I know there a huge difference in a child to a dog but imo the principal is the same.

I know you live in Ireland but you're turning into one mate bitter against the British establishment at every opportunity to slate it. You be joining the IRA next lol (joke)

Mate, the British establishment is utter, utter shit anyway round you look at it.......everyone can see it except those who choose to close their eyes.

Common sense and leave religious beliefs out of it. Also advice of People more qualified than you or I. That's how mate. 

I mentioned the last case earlier of the kid were the drs wrong in that outcome. 

I genuinely can't get you're stance on this going by past threads you don't give a flying f**k about kids getting wiped out elsewhere and I doubt you would give a shit about some wee Arab kid getting a machine switched off. 

Just seems to me you take every opportunity to bash the UK these day's sorry mate just saying it as I see it. No offence meant. Just being honest. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’ll add, I can’t believe that there is even a discussion to be had about if the NHS should allow a toddler to die?.......I mean, what is there to talk about or consider?

You can’t even make a monetary case because the NHS is awash with money.

Should a nationalised industry and a high court judge have the final say on weather to end the life of a private citizens child?........I don’t even know how you can make an argument for it?

The NHS is awash with money? Do you sometimes just come out with the first bullshit that enters your head?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

The NHS is awash with money? Do you sometimes just come out with the first bullshit that enters your head?

I call a 100 billion quid a year awash with money.....what do you call it?

7 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Common sense and leave religious beliefs out of it. Also advice of People more qualified than you or I. That's how mate. 

I mentioned the last case earlier of the kid were the drs wrong in that outcome. 

I genuinely can't get you're stance on this going by past threads you don't give a flying f**k about kids getting wiped out elsewhere and I doubt you would give a shit about some wee Arab kid getting a machine switched off. 

Just seems to me you take every opportunity to bash the UK these day's sorry mate just saying it as I see it. No offence meant. Just being honest. 

I do bash the UK because it f***ing deserves it pal, every day it takes itself to ever more disgusting and bizarre lows !

Kill a 2 year old.......never mind, Stephen Lawrence day anyone?  

Its all just insanity ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3