THL Big Bore Safari?

Kakara, a tiny island off the Japanese coast is now overrun with wild boar. Japan's population is ageing and in decline and the estimates are that boar outnumbers the Islanders 3 to 1. With the younger generation moving inland for work, and the older generation dying off the number of shotgun license holders has declined as sharply as the population? Is it time for THL's quorum of powder burners to harvest some wild pork? :hmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

Count me in. I won't eat raw fish though so I'll take sandwiches. :D

I would partake in the local delicacies however after Fukushima my concern is whether they'd glow in the dark! I'll stick to wild pork and propose this as my application for expedition cook...

00b.jpg.3fe96c2f5d07e00748f9cf82e79e6e31.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

I would partake in the local delicacies however after Fukushima my concern is whether they'd glow in the dark! I'll stick to wild pork and propose this as my application for expedition cook...

00b.jpg.3fe96c2f5d07e00748f9cf82e79e6e31.jpg

Seconded. :thumbs:

they are a bit strict over there

The weapons law of Japan begins by stating "No one shall possess a firearm or firearms or a sword or swords", and very few exceptions are allowed.[60] Citizens are permitted to possess firearms for hunting and sport shooting, but only after submitting to a lengthy licensing procedure.[61] After ten years of shotgun ownership, a licence-holder may apply to obtain a rifle.

looks like pointy sticks and rocks are they only thing left to possess

7 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

they are a bit strict over there

looks like pointy sticks and rocks are they only thing left to possess

Theres an American guy over there who got permission to organise bowhunts a few years ago,he used to stick up pics of sika deer they used to take on no-limit bowhunts.