Celebrity Hunter Outrage (Canadian Edition)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once more the justice league of social media were out in force to condemn a hunter. Minor Canadian celebrity Steve Ecklund shot a mountain lion in Alberta and posted his pictures on social media but w

You can actually go out with houndsmen who just tree and release mate.    

Utah Cougar Guidebook Let me know if I need to put you a bed up!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stumfelter said:

I'm finding this interesting so please don't fcuk it up by having a snipe at Greyman, if he does find a big cat in Britain imagine the humble pie you'll have to eat.

I think Humble Pie would be a far more tastier dish than the Bull Shit he constantly  spouts

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:21, W. Katchum said:

I’d love a bash but it would have to be treed an freed?

Both these lynx were treed by hounds and freed,quite a few people work their dogs just for the experience.

00small24611819.jpg

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I wouldn't fancy shooting one out of a tree after the hounds had done all the work. It would be like shooting ducks in a barrel.

I think the hunters do a bit of work as well,i read the other day of a cat taking the dogs on a 12 mile run over terrain that would tax a goat in -20 temps,i think that cat was earned :yes:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mackem said:

I think the hunters do a bit of work as well,i read the other day of a cat taking the dogs on a 12 mile run over terrain that would tax a goat in -20 temps,i think that cat was earned :yes:

That's some run! Once the cat is tree'd can the hunter basically just walk up and shoot it ?

11 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

That's some run! Once the cat is tree'd can the hunter basically just walk up and shoot it ?

After he has covered a shedload of distance in temps you cant believe unless you have experienced them,across heavily wooded or rocky terrain for a few miles then yes he can "just walk up and shoot it" I think by then though he has earned it,watch a few videos,i have seen one of a guy roping down a cliff,theres another guy was lowered into a mineshaft on a rope,its not as easy as just walking up and shooting it unless your very,very lucky.

• Thanks 1

Much like a terrierman can "just shoot it" after a dig or bolt.

It doesn't do it justice to focus on the kill too much and is what gets these things banned. The hunter will almost certainly have a slot booked at his taxidermist for what will probably be a once in a lifetime hunt. Not to mention lion meat is much like pork apparently. And finally killing the lion is part of an essential predator control policy that makes the north american conservation model the best in the world.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/22/2017 at 11:30, W. Katchum said:

I follow a group on fb that run hounds on them an bobcats an bears an some the shots them guys have of them sat up tree before they free em are out this world mate, I’m same I’m not one for hunting pics an never take em, but that’s one pic I’d love to take just for memories sake, like holidays snaps? would be the hunt for me tho following them hounds would be the ultimate an like norm said I’d love to try bear an bobcat but a big mountain lion would be the one?

Bobcats were why I put a trail cam in my yard. I only get coyotes and the occasional deer on them now.

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Watched a video last night if guy out with hounds an a bobcat comes running towards him an tried climbing up his leg:rofl: as if he a tree? magine that haha 

just fir for record I’d never judge anybody for killing a cat an absolutely agree it will need doing some times but if I went hunting for them an the trees cat wasn’t a threat to any stock or nowt then I’d love to see it run, don’t know if I could climb the tree like some nutters do tho to push em out?

My sentiments too. But for me getting on level terms with the lion would be part of the thrill. I bet forcing one out of a tree and having hounds screaming off after it is a hell of a buzz. Done similar with mink, LOL LOL, a lion or bear would be proper caveman shit! 

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

just fir for record I’d never judge anybody for killing a cat an absolutely agree it will need doing some times but if I went hunting for them an the trees cat wasn’t a threat to any stock or nowt then I’d love to see it run, don’t know if I could climb the tree like some nutters do tho to push em out

I'm the same, mate. I love the idea of treeing them with hounds but the only shot I want is on the camera with these kinda cats. Saying that where I live I wouldn't lose any sleep if I had to shoot one in self-defence. If people want to hunt for the pelt, meat, mount, whatever crack on just don't waste it.

• Like 3