Christmas before Christianity

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Exactky how I feel when wilf starts going zzzzz on about ?? carp yawn fishing 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh my god you f***ing grenade magnet, never mind your medics course......if I was wounded in battle and I saw your idiot form running up the beach to help me I would genuinely put a pistol in my mouth and end it all just so I didn’t have to endure your nonsense craic while you bandaged me up ! 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh god, I've started a god thread....

There's conclusive proof that Christmas was being celebrated way before the birth of Jesus Christ, as far back as the Stone Age in fact.    

Its for allsorts of topics mate, surprised your not on it?   Tbh mate dont mean to be ignorant, but thats between me an the bigman, but its not about what hes done for me, im not in it for

Posted Images

8 hours ago, WILF said:

Paganism is a beleive a derogetary term coined by early Christians and has been adopted to encapsulate everything that don’t fall under the banner of well known world religions.

I count myself as a Christian in as much as I beleive Christ existed and that I beleive the bible to be a complete road map to human happiness........however, my beleive in creation stems from the very fact that all beleife systems are so similar when you cut away the bollocks.

The whole human race since stone henge and milenia before that didn’t suddenly all have the same delusion, our ancestors sensed something more going on......a power and a life in the very fabric of the world and the things in it.

These people were Infinitely  more connected to the world than we are.

I don’t believe any of it to be mutually exclusive.

Thats why I beleive.

good post that....

i also belive christ existed....i think its qbviouse he was some kind of preacher.....teaching the way of god...

but i dissagre about our ancestors knowing there was more going on.....they didnt have our knowlage of science and so the big questions , like why are we here'? were answered by the beleving in a god.....whatever his name

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

It sure does 

Get the pic up mate haha

I wouldnt argue way most things he says, but he says the worlds oldest civilization sumerians, are 5-6000 years old, were does that leave evoloution?

An they seem very high tec an knowledgeable, so were does the crossover from dumb monkey to high tec civilization, it doesnt add up.

Most of what he saying the bible would back up, see the big statues with the lion in his arm, thats nimrod from the bible, big f****r who tryed to build a tower to heaven 5000 years ago, but the lord knew that they had the smarts to do it, so came down an dumbfounded the languages an spread them forth.

Interesting stuff.

22 minutes ago, Francie said:

Get the pic up mate haha

I wouldnt argue way most things he says, but he says the worlds oldest civilization sumerians, are 5-6000 years old, were does that leave evoloution?

An they seem very high tec an knowledgeable, so were does the crossover from dumb monkey to high tec civilization, it doesnt add up.

Most of what he saying the bible would back up, see the big statues with the lion in his arm, thats nimrod from the bible, big f****r who tryed to build a tower to heaven 5000 years ago, but the lord knew that they had the smarts to do it, so came down an dumbfounded the languages an spread them forth.

Interesting stuff.

No mention of building a tower to heaven  but building a tower to the stars to throw people of for sacrificial purposes ..it's clear to me that the bible is a embellishment of older story's putting God as the main character but in truth God as we have been lead to believe is never mentioned ....this article ties in the Xmas theme nicely. ..and your right it doesn't matter where you sit on this subject its all intresting stuff :thumbs:

THE STORY OF NIMROD
AS IT RELATES TO CHRISTMAS AND EASTER

Nimrod, the grandson of Noah, became the first king known as 
Sargon I. He built Babylon and Nineveh. Being warlike, he wore a type 
of helmet with a horn in the front; a trait inherited by the druid 
Vikings of the Celts, descendants of the Assyrian line.

Nimrod means "tyrant". He led the Sumerians of Babylon to pay tribute 
to the skies (sun, moon, stars, planets) with the sacrifice of their 
children. The Tower of Babel was built for this purpose, echoed in 
other cultures such as the Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas. Since the head 
of this government was such an idolatrous tyrant, Shem (Nimrod's 
uncle) killed him. Nimrod's mother, Semiramis, consoled the people by 
making them believe the child she carried was Nimrod "reincarnated" 
-- and named him "Duzu" (Tammuz), Babylonian for the son who rises. 
This Duzu went into the groves (forests) and placed a gift on a tree 
to honor Nimrod each year at the winter solstice. It has been said 
that Duzu was the offspring of Nimrod, who mated with his mother. 
Nimrod became known as Baal, meaning LORD, and was worshipped by the 
Babylonians as the sun in the sky -- thus the origin of "going to the 
heavens" at death.

Trees and branches became symbols of Nimrod. Because Nimrod was "cut 
down" by Shem, a tree stump became a place of honoring him. Thus, the 
Hebrew Scriptures speak of the pagans going into the "groves", and 
bringing a "branch to the nose", and going into the forest and 
cutting down a tree, decorating it, and propping it up a so that it 
will not totter. The winter solstice was the time when the sun was 
thought to be "reborn", so December 25th was celebrated as Baal's 
(Nimrod's) birthday. By tradition, the artificial idea of a New Year 
following this birthday celebration became an integral part of every 
human culture, based on this pagan idolatry. Generally, all mankind 
is fast asleep, dreaming this old Babylonian dream.

Christmas is an attempt by Catholicism to revise and adopt this 
paganism. In the year 525, a Scythian monk named Dionysius Exiguus 
visited Rome. He witnessed the ancient pagan celebration of the 
winter solstice (then called Paganalia or Saturnalia), and this 
offended his devout sensibilities. Scripture itself demands that we 
observe the Messiah's death, not His birth. But, since the 
pagan mind was so oriented around fertility and birth, it developed 
the way we see it today, blending the most important features of 
pagan interpretation. "Babel, the Great Mother of Harlots and of the 
Abominations of the Earth" -- has intoxicated the masses, and she 
herself is drunk with the blood of the set-apart ones.

What is her name? It's Easter! Semiramis, Nimrod's mother, became 
known as "Magna Mater", the "Great Mother", and was worship-ped as 
Mother Earth. The Sun "mated" with the Earth each spring, and the 
"Rites of Spring" symbolized by the "May Pole" and "Easter" came 9 
moons/months before the December 25th "birth" of the winter Sun. Her 
Assyrian name, Ishtar, gives us the word "Easter". The Romans called 
her Astarte, and the Phoenicians used Asherah. The Hebrews called her 
Astoroth, the consort of Baal. Her emblem is the flower of the lily. 
She is the "goddess of the dawn", and her statue stands on a bridge 
in France. The French made a colossus of this image, and it now 
stands in New York Harbor, facing "East" -- in itself a word 
referring to the rising son/sun -- from which her name springs!

Yeah mate interesting, note that nimrod is grandson of noah, according to your text, so there using noah from the bible even tho they had there own texts supposedley.?

Lucifer counterfits everything that God has done, because he was jealous an wanted the job, but it wasnt available, so wouldnt surprise me about these other stories if there some truth in them, lucifer knew that jesus was coming from the very start in book of genisis, when God told him after he beguiled eve in the garden, that he will put emnity between his seed an the womans seed, an that lucifer shall bruise thy foot an jesus shall bruise thy head, so he had plenty of time to get his counterfit plan in the making, hence these other texts you refer to, complicated an interesting my man.

10 minutes ago, Francie said:

Yeah mate interesting, note that nimrod is grandson of noah, according to your text, so there using noah from the bible even tho they had there own texts supposedley.?

Lucifer counterfits everything that God has done, because he was jealous an wanted the job, but it wasnt available, so wouldnt surprise me about these other stories if there some truth in them, lucifer knew that jesus was coming from the very start in book of genisis, when God told him after he beguiled eve in the garden, that he will put emnity between his seed an the womans seed, an that lucifer shall bruise thy foot an jesus shall bruise thy head, so he had plenty of time to get his counterfit plan in the making, hence these other texts you refer to, complicated an interesting my man.

Check out atrahasis the Sumerian king  he has a very simlar story to Noah ....one thing is clear mate we share common ground and that is we both believe that there's far more to this universe than we could ever know and something big happened a few thousand years ago  we just fill in the blanks differently :laugh:

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, kanny said:

Check out atrahasis the Sumerian king  he has a very simlar story to Noah ....one thing is clear mate we share common ground and that is we both believe that there's far more to this universe than we could ever know and something big happened a few thousand years ago  we just fill in the blanks differently :laugh:

Il check it out lad?

• Like 1