Brexit Thread Redux

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

None of them are part of a political union/federation at all similar in magnitude and complexity as the EU. What is going on here is more like Texas/Cali succeeding the USA than simple international politics.

We've become so intertwined in Europe that they have us at a massive disadvantage at the negotiating table. I can't even think of a situation where any of the above nations have been in that had them at a similar dissadvatage. Perhaps when Japan surrendered to the US In the face of overwelming military might! 

Disadvantage? Just what have the empty vessels on the right wing anti Europe side of the Tory party been doing for the past twenty plus years. Braying about leaving then playing with their mickeys?

No plan, no clue, led up the garden path.

Should they not have had a strategy, a solution?

At our farmer meetings, we'd always offer jobs to the loudest complainers, they'd have to either shut up or get constructive in a hurry.

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

We've become so intertwined in Europe that they have us at a massive disadvantage at the negotiating table.

Do they have Britain over a barrel or is it that our best of the best aren't worth a carrot at negotiating?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Do they have Britain over a barrel or is it that our best of the best aren't worth a carrot at negotiating?

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k over the electorate........no more, no less.

Looks like good old Blighty is surrounded by enemies........but in the words of the famous American Dick Winters “We are paratroopers son, we are meant to be surrounded” 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yep, gay Leo has solved Ireland’s historical troubles :laugh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-42285433

You're not insinuating our esteemed Taoiseach is a poof????  Vagabond....

On a serious note.......the reason we wanted the status quo in NI was to maintain the peace process.

great to see unionist business people in Enniskillen praising the deal on the news last night......basically saying "things go nicely" no more war....still a lot to do to erase the bad memories of the troubles for all sides......but onwards we go.

it's almost 100 years since we had the Goverment of Ireland act and partition.   I think a lot of issues they caused can be solved in     the run up it, if politicians get their asses in gear.  Timing is right.....but brexit negotiations will tie up England civil servants for the next 10 years....

Boris, Farage all the brexiters....no plan, no strategy, all they had was leave.....thoughts?? 

What is going to happen now?? are ye leaving?? Is there any point?? Are ye just paying EU money now, don't pay in the future, and have no EU subsidies for farming and infrastructure and the UK falls into a period of stagnation??

Edited by VOON
  • Like 1

Fair post Voon,

I will take your latter point first from a total novice outsiders point of view (I’m sure John will have a very different and more informed opinion :laugh:).........CAP is a crock !......plain and simple.

It subsidises food so that the portion of income that SHOULD be spent in food gets spent with the likes of Apple and in credit because they have decided your car is out of date.....indirectly the likes of Morgan Stanley benefit from all this debt and guess who pays for politicians campaigns?........well, I’ll let you figure that.

Farming is no different from any other industry, it should be sold on quality of product and service......the successful buy up the weak and charge the right money for their product.

That isn’t what happens now, without CAP I’d guess most farms are unsustainable.

I went on the TEAGSK (spel ?) organic farming course.......it’s a total crock of shit and lies.

A paid for badge that just ticks a box so that you can claim a few more quid from the taxpayer.......I couldn’t even be bothered to do the last day exam.

They took us on a few farm walks, one place was touted as a “model” organic farm......10 acres the bloke had and about 15 staff......anyone who has been in business would see he would need to turn 250k a year to survive........that’s 25k an acre !! 

Now im not being funny, but I don’t think any farmer is turning 25k an acre and certainly not a proper organic farmer.

So I had a look round his warehouse, he imports probably 85% of his produce from China, Brazil, America etc etc........who regulates those organic systems?

And all this is sold under an EU organic banner because this bloke did a 3 day course!!

so I chirp up “this blokes not a farmer though is he?.....he is an importer”

The teagsc bloke isnt happy “no, no....he is a farmer blah blah”

“But he isn’t though is he mate?”..........”he is making this place turn 25k an acre and that’s just not possible”

”No, no he is doing it all from here”

whatever !!

So, you are buying organic which the EU and by definition the tax payer is paying extra for and you don’t have a clue what organic practices produced that product......it could have been getting sprayed in toxic waste in China for al you know......but it gets relabelled as organic here and everyone’s a winner.......except the tax payer of course !!

Thats the EU in a nutshell !!.......smoke, mirrors and bullshit.

It would do all farmer a favour to get off the EU tit and start charging and earning the right money for their product and hard work.

CAP keeps people in poverty ! 

13 hours ago, WILF said:

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k over the electorate........no more, no less.

Looks like good old Blighty is surrounded by enemies........but in the words of the famous American Dick Winters “We are paratroopers son, we are meant to be surrounded” 

I cannot for the life of me understand why there aren't leavers conducting the negotiations.

I'm also curious now as to what everyone is going to do about it.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, JohnGalway said:

Disadvantage? Just what have the empty vessels on the right wing anti Europe side of the Tory party been doing for the past twenty plus years. Braying about leaving then playing with their mickeys?

No plan, no clue, led up the garden path.

Should they not have had a strategy, a solution?

At our farmer meetings, we'd always offer jobs to the loudest complainers, they'd have to either shut up or get constructive in a hurry.

Right wing of the Tory party aren't in power fella, they're UKIP.