• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not asking for everyone to be on a huge salary born. But if they are prepared to get off there arse and get a job it should be beneficial. No one in work should have to go cap in hand for food.   o

Anyone else think it's a bit of a coincidence that a story like this gets trickled out just at a time when Boris is making a menace of himself to that traitor May ?

I watched reese mogs interview and what he actually said was in these times of austerity its uplifting and heartwarming that the people have set up food banks to help people ... not that he was glad t

Posted Images

Not asking for everyone to be on a huge salary born. But if they are prepared to get off there arse and get a job it should be beneficial. No one in work should have to go cap in hand for food.

oh and the reasons i gave earlier. You think politicians deserve or are better peopls who deseŕve free travel free monthly shop etc?

Yes there will always be people in poverty but food banks are now accepted by the powers that be and doing nothing to solve it.

Im not in goverment and tbh im f***ing ashamed they exist in Britain.

There the kind of thing i expect in third world countries.

You asked what id do to solve it. I really don't know im not in goverment and have all the figures, but what i would do is give these c**ts in Westminster a pay cut make them pay there own travel and buy there own food like every other c**t!

The money they save well donate it to a food bank lol

Thanks for that honest reply. I'll try to match it. I understand your sentiments Scot. I just disagree on how it all works and so the solution.

In a free(ish) market people get paid approximately what they are worth. If you want more money then you need to be more valuable as an employee. By arbitrarily putting a minimum value on any employee you raise that bottom level at the expense of everyone who is considered more valuable. The bottom becomes subsidised by the next levels up without having any additional worth. Raising the minimum wage to a level that someone has decided should be the minimum makes those higher up wonder why they bother and increases the value of the products the company you work for produces. Which, if that minimum wage employee buys, has just f****d their 'increase'.

There's a solution in there but it takes generations, not terms of government or parliament. The youth of today have more tools and opportunity to increase their value to the job market than ever before irrespective of their social class. Though there are still piss poor social attitudes that encourage the youth to waste these resources in too many areas of society.

Do I think MPs deserve the benefits they get? I think we need to pay them whatever we can afford to ensure we attract qualified people to the job. So that would probably be a similar package to what any equal industry professional would get. Unless we think lower level professionals would be better, or perhaps people so affluent the wage isn't a consideration? Whatever the cost, I think it's up to us, the electorate, to make sure that it's value for money. I wouldn't class myself as being at a similar career level as an MP but I get travel, food and accommodation on expenses when I have to work outside my normal place and time of work. It's standard practice. I don't think it's exceptional for that level of profession though any abuse of expenses, such as using them to make a profit, would absolutely be unacceptable.

There will always be folks that need a hand out in a society that has any semblance of freewill, that can be via taxes or it can be via charity.

Its 2017 and imo any goverment in power should be f***ing ashamed these things exist! Its scandoulous and read a report that working famlies use them as much as the destitute.

And some privellaged toff (who i happen to like) saying its a good thing is out of f***ing touch with the people he represents.

its ok for them with there travelling expenses to work subsidised meals second morygages and 400quid a month shopping allowance.

Exactly what do they use there salary for?

buying shares in the post office and making a killing probaly.

I feel they are totally ripping the piss out of us now and shame on us for defending and allowing them to continue. I will never vote again its uttely pointless f**k all changes and there all as bad as each other. Regardless of their politics.

Exactly how I feel mate

the whole current system is a pi$$ take , every week they collect untold millions , give as little as possible back, use public money too gamble in unregulated high risk markets , never paying out any dividend on positive returns , however expecting the tax payer too bail both country and banks out when it goes tits up, using the armed forces as a private army , waging needless wars , often profiting both ends of that scenario , it's disgusting that they even dare too ask for our votes never mind another pay rise, any other sector and they would not survive with current success rates , how does it keep happening lol

• Like 1

Not asking for everyone to be on a huge salary born. But if they are prepared to get off there arse and get a job it should be beneficial. No one in work should have to go cap in hand for food.

oh and the reasons i gave earlier. You think politicians deserve or are better peopls who deseŕve free travel free monthly shop etc?

Yes there will always be people in poverty but food banks are now accepted by the powers that be and doing nothing to solve it.

Im not in goverment and tbh im f***ing ashamed they exist in Britain.

There the kind of thing i expect in third world countries.

You asked what id do to solve it. I really don't know im not in goverment and have all the figures, but what i would do is give these c**ts in Westminster a pay cut make them pay there own travel and buy there own food like every other c**t!

The money they save well donate it to a food bank lol

Thanks for that honest reply. I'll try to match it. I understand your sentiments Scot. I just disagree on how it all works and so the solution.

In a free(ish) market people get paid approximately what they are worth. If you want more money then you need to be more valuable as an employee. By arbitrarily putting a minimum value on any employee you raise that bottom level at the expense of everyone who is considered more valuable. The bottom becomes subsidised by the next levels up without having any additional worth. Raising the minimum wage to a level that someone has decided should be the minimum makes those higher up wonder why they bother and increases the value of the products the company you work for produces. Which, if that minimum wage employee buys, has just f****d their 'increase'.

There's a solution in there but it takes generations, not terms of government or parliament. The youth of today have more tools and opportunity to increase their value to the job market than ever before irrespective of their social class. Though there are still piss poor social attitudes that encourage the youth to waste these resources in too many areas of society.

Do I think MPs deserve the benefits they get? I think we need to pay them whatever we can afford to ensure we attract qualified people to the job. So that would probably be a similar package to what any equal industry professional would get. Unless we think lower level professionals would be better, or perhaps people so affluent the wage isn't a consideration? Whatever the cost, I think it's up to us, the electorate, to make sure that it's value for money. I wouldn't class myself as being at a similar career level as an MP but I get travel, food and accommodation on expenses when I have to work outside my normal place and time of work. It's standard practice. I don't think it's exceptional for that level of profession though any abuse of expenses, such as using them to make a profit, would absolutely be unacceptable.

There will always be folks that need a hand out in a society that has any semblance of freewill, that can be via taxes or it can be via charity.

As always mate, a well thought out and logical reply.

I will however take you to task on one small section, you speaks as if being an MP is a proffesion when in fact it isn't and nor should it be.

They are in office NOT in power or at least that's the way it should work.

In theory, it would be much better if they were paid nothing because then at least they may do the job out of a genuine sense of community.

The salary MPs get don't pay for the very best people, it pays for the ones who couldn't do as well at university as the very best people.

The VERY best people are earning much more or contributing much more than any MP.

People are doing exactly the same job as any MP (all be it in miniature) all over the country in the form of school guvenors, community associations, committee members and they are all doing it for free because they want to help make their own little tiny area of interest better.

• Like 4

Think it would help if MP"s has at least thirty years of being Joe public under their belt being allowed such a privileged position oh and a proven track record of success in business or a relevent field,

I personally don't think that's a bad suggestion at all but folks would argue that it's undemocratic in that it bars younger people from being representatives and therefore potentially being represented.

It's something I'd seriously consider supporting though.

Think it would help if MP"s has at least thirty years of being Joe public under their belt being allowed such a privileged position oh and a proven track record of success in business or a relevent field,

I think party politics is so broken I'd like to see a new way.

I'd like to see people from all walks of life put their names in a hat for random selection and then the vote should be for say 4 or 6 of those randomly selected people in each voting area.

No political parties need apply !

As always mate, a well thought out and logical reply.

I will however take you to task on one small section, you speaks as if being an MP is a proffesion when in fact it isn't and nor should it be.

They are in office NOT in power or at least that's the way it should work.

In theory, it would be much better if they were paid nothing because then at least they may do the job out of a genuine sense of community.

The salary MPs get don't pay for the very best people, it pays for the ones who couldn't do as well at university as the very best people.

The VERY best people are earning much more or contributing much more than any MP.

People are doing exactly the same job as any MP (all be it in miniature) all over the country in the form of school guvenors, community associations, committee members and they are all doing it for free because they want to help make their own little tiny area of interest better.

I find all that hard to disagree with. Being in office, a representative of the people, perhaps shouldn't be considered a profession but it is a job. Perhaps it should pay nothing so that the salary is of no motivation and to the most successful members of society it is also no deterrent. Where does that leave democracy though, surely everybody should have the right to be a representative of the people and it's up to the people to decide who that person should be? Not personal finances, to within reason.

Maybe salary should be part of their election campaign? Each of your candidates stating what their salary/package will be, with no limits, and let the people decide? Trump certainly did.

Maybe in my little fantasy land, randomly selected people should continue to be paid whatever salary or average earnings they are on at the time of their selection for office.

In the case of the unemployed the same as their current benefit.

And of course their expenses incurred for everyone.

In theory, the very richest captains of industry would work for free because they don't need the money.......but that would be their choice only if selected.

Paying politicians was a very bad idea !

Cheers for the reply born.

I agree with previous replies and i said the exact same thng years ago.

people in goverment should represent all spectrums of society.

i would even have people off the dole in goverment.

All i see is more and more unjust actions and sick of this we are all in this together shite. We clearly aren't!

They do more for big business avoiding paying tax than the people who put them in power.

And this brexit fiasco is the icing on the cake.

complete shambles bordering on incompetance. They cant even get a soultion because there to busy stabbing each other in the back. Im not suprised though its a trait only to common in the concervatve party.

Heath, maggie. Major Cameron and now may.

i fail to see how being disloyal and underhanded is a good start for a PM.

An MP from eg Cumbria has to have a home in Cumbria and also in London where he/she are Mon - Friday representing their constituency.As they`re away they will need to spend extra on their children`s education/boarding school/childcare etc,etc and the costs of running two homes.What`s the going rate for a flat in London in a decent area,then look at the mortgage repayments etc.£140k wont go far these days.

If a politician isn't financially secure, surely this leaves them more open to corruption? If it's the man off the street who has no relevant experience then surely he isn't qualified to make complex decisions? It's a difficult answer, otherwise someone would've come up with it by now, maybe.

I'll think you will find mate that most MPs have no relevant experience any more than the next bloke.

I think that extremely harsh penalties for mis conduct in office should head off corruption for most except the most determined......you can't really odds that one.

It would certainly be better than "oh, sorry, I mistakenly nicked a £150 GRAND in dodgy expenses......I'm very sorry, won't happen again"........."oh, OK then no bother.....carry on!"

Lol

• Like 2

They cant cope on there wages they claim all there expenses back and now they can get is it 10K towards a second assistant , there a embarrassment when you see what a family man has to live on

One politician put forward a proposal to erect ports cabins while Westminster is being renovated and it would save the taxpayer millions. They refused to even entertain it as they want a new building built.

Its ok to put you're kids in porta cabins in some schools. Well not public schools lol