Petition To Leave The Eu Immediately

• 3 months later...

Well they debated it - if that's what you can call it.  I thought debates were supposed to have two opposite points of view. This was just a handful of nobodies standing up and saying why we shouldn't leave immediately and all agreeing with each other using the most words possible. 

The remainers were using the old "narrow majority" argument again. This wasn't a debate about the result of the referendum. Even the leavers wanted it to take as long as possible.

What else did we really expect? It was a travesty of a debate. It was discussing why they should keep their snouts in the trough for another year or more. 

Totally disgusting.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/2237e95c-62c3-498e-8174-619d61ef069b

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

Well they debated it - if that's what you can call it.  I thought debates were supposed to have two opposite points of view. This was just a handful of nobodies standing up and saying why we shouldn't leave immediately and all agreeing with each other using the most words possible. 

The remainers were using the old "narrow majority" argument again. This wasn't a debate about the result of the referendum. Even the leavers wanted it to take as long as possible.

What else did we really expect? It was a travesty of a debate. It was discussing why they should keep their snouts in the trough for another year or more. 

Totally disgusting.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/2237e95c-62c3-498e-8174-619d61ef069b

Yep, watched quite a bit of it this morning and quickly realised that these online petitions are not worth a toss, certainly not worth my time signing any more of them. Very one sided.

• Like 1

I'm 99% convinced that there is utterly no point in those petitions or for that matter lobbying your MP. They are not for changing their minds, not unless re-election is threatened and well we saw how much the country was willing to hold their MPs to account on the referendum result with the GE that followed it. Why should they pay us any attention?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm 99% convinced that there is utterly no point in those petitions or for that matter lobbying your MP. They are not for changing their minds, not unless re-election is threatened and well we saw how much the country was willing to hold their MPs to account on the referendum result with the GE that followed it. Why should they pay us any attention?

Agreed mate. I didn't think for a minute it would actually do any good, but I didn't think it would be quite so one-sided. I only sign those petitions to remind them that the public have their own opinions and don't think everything is tickedy-boo because they tell us it is. 

Just now, walshie said:

Agreed mate. I didn't think for a minute it would actually do any good, but I didn't think it would be quite so one-sided. I only sign those petitions to remind them that the public have their own opinions and don't think everything is tickedy-boo because they tell us it is. 

And that 1% of me still dictates that I often do the same mate. Just a show of force, even if it is largely seen as gutless.

I can't think of one time when a petition was done that would rattle the establishment which they so much as conceded ANY ground on in the way of a compromise. It's the usual, "we understand......" "we are resolute in fighting for...." "that is why we will stand by our policy of....".

Utter shite.

• Thanks 1

It seems that democracy is dying in this country I don't trust May one bit, come the next election how could you vote for her although I don't think she will be leader by then,  but the alternative don't bear thinking about Corbyn and his army of lily livered snowflakes.

That will be the last online petition I ever sign a waste of valuable time. 

• Like 2
On 9/28/2017 at 14:59, sandymere said:

Jacob Rees Mogg as leader of the conservative party and Corbyns in as the next PM for sure lol.

http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/jacob-rees-mogg

I’m not a betting man but I’d happily have a long un that JRM would absolutely wipe labour out in a general election ;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Mister Gain said:

Are they all so blinkered that they don't realise they are taking the piss out of us, and have been since the result of the referendum?

merkel.jpg.709d4606920eca401bbbcb464e67f157.jpg

Of course they realise, they know exactly what they are doing at any given time.

They don’t give a f**k about you......didn’t you get the memo?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I’m not a betting man but I’d happily have a long un that JRM would absolutely wipe labour out in a general election ;) 

I agree he seems to be the only viable person out there fighting for the brexit people voted for and he can do it in a way that isn't alienating to the masses unlike farage he comes across as a no gimmick straight down the line type  and seems to have a genuine love for Great Britain ...just what we need at this time imo

• Like 1