Leeches.........

extended a border in the garden yesterday so lifted the existing poly that had bark chippings on it cut the turf off layed more poly and filled with more chippings,as i was raking it all out level found these things among the old damp chippings.

thought they looked like leeches but certainly not the type we new of as kids,not your typical little black things found in ponds etc so looked them up,seems they are horse leeches,id never heard of them.

they dont eat horses either which i found bit disappointing lol although dont think they are very common and only found in certain parts of the uk if i read it right but here you go for those never seen a horse leech.

Screenshot_20170429-180741_zpsbobijpjc.p

IMG_20170429_161048_zpsmu6weyko.jpg

whats the old saying...............learn something new every day :thumbs:

• Like 3

I bet they would make good fishing bait

the more common ones are very good cat fish bait,watched couple lads using them on one the fishing programmes they was catching these cats one after the other on them :thumbs:

I think the ones used for catfish are medical leaches and used to cost about a fiver each, the ones you have appear very simular so maybe a cottage industry for you at the bottom of your garden, happy days interesting pics

• Like 1

Very interesting things,had a few on me in the past,still got a small scar on my ankle where I had a nice sized one on me,when it came off the wound got infected and scabby.

• Like 1