Zeroing Question

A 56mm scope is on high mounts and the pellet is falling low of the point of aim even when the elevation is set as high as it will go. If I changed the mounts to medium or low this would bring the fall of shot up and therefore allowing more movement on the elevation turret? I was only shooting at 10m and .177 calibrate, the pellets are grouping pellet on pellet with Acupels and the scope was fine on my other Rapid. Any advice would be great please?

Not sure mounts will make any difference. Maybe they will at 10m but 3x that for say 30m or your 'usual' distance... it's still gonna be grouping well low.

Plus, will you get a 56 objective to sit right on low mounts without kissing the barrel?

If the glass is sound on your other 7, is the gun actually to fault?

• Like 2

EVERY TIME

EVERY TIME YOU GET A NEW RIFLE :fool:

JUST BECAUSE IT SITS ON HIGH MOUNTS DOSE NOT MEAN IT DOSE NOT NEED SHIMMING

PUT SOME SHIMS IN AND TRY HER PLUS TAKE THE MOD OFF AND TRY HER FIRST

JUST BECAUSE IT SITS OK ON ONE RIFLE DOSE NOT MEAN IT WILL SIT OK ON ANOTHER

ALL RIFLES ARE DIFFERENT AND PERFORM DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

if shims don't work bring it here & I will put a set of scopes on it and I will zero your gun to 30 mtrs if pellet on pellet at 10 mtrs it cant be your silencer as it wouldn't group at any distance

EVERY TIME

EVERY TIME YOU GET A NEW RIFLE :fool:

JUST BECAUSE IT SITS ON HIGH MOUNTS DOSE NOT MEAN IT DOSE NOT NEED SHIMMING

PUT SOME SHIMS IN AND TRY HER PLUS TAKE THE MOD OFF AND TRY HER FIRST

JUST BECAUSE IT SITS OK ON ONE RIFLE DOSE NOT MEAN IT WILL SIT OK ON ANOTHER

ALL RIFLES ARE DIFFERENT AND PERFORM DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

You are correct Jimmy it has been every gun, however when I've spoke about stuff you've always agreed with what I've said mucka. I think I'm just born f***ing unlucky pal :cray:

It doesn't help that I haven't got anywhere to zero properly apart from traveling all the Alnwick mucka. Believe me there's no one more fed up with gun issues than I am and it's embarrassing asking for advice every two minutes mate :icon_redface:

if shims don't work bring it here & I will put a set of scopes on it and I will zero your gun to 30 mtrs if pellet on pellet at 10 mtrs it cant be your silencer as it wouldn't group at any distance

Cheers Billy, hopefully I can sort it myself. I've turned the mounts 180' remounted them. With a bit of luck it'll work at a longer range :0)