Wheaten Cross

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lad. Been honest we bred two of them worker to worker. We were worried about size. Just incase they were to thick. But so far they seem to be OK.

suppose you always got that risk , as pit and wheaten are not over tall pit 18-22in ,wheaten 18-20in both thick set dogs.But with the greyhound running through there veins both sides , you could get bit more height , could go 23- 25in , either way you no by time there 10 month old, as small to mid size get there height then, larger deerhound type xs 12-15 month . my pitx greys got there height by 10 months ,all went about 26 in .

Your right. I was worried about them being thick set. As there's a lot of bull in the bitch. But there's 5/6lads run lurchers to foxes bolted with a small pack. And I seen the bitch work for past two seasons. So I said I'd take the chance breeding two workers rather than breed to a bitch that I hadn't seen. Plus all pups were kept in our own group.