An Hour Ago

Pro Sport .177, Hawke Eclipse, Arms Arms Diablo .177

ProSport%20Rabbit%20001_zpsbpjcqwx4.jpg

Stalked down to appx 30 yards. Got it behind the eye, knocked its brains out of its ear.

I prefer stalking to waiting. With waiting I tend to nod off. Like earlier this year on rat watch and I woke up about 3 hours later, covered in snow.

So, grass about 12" high. Saw two rabbits at about 50 yards. Walk, sit. Stand up, walk, sit.

Each time I sat, one rabbit sat up, then crouched. So, walk, sit. Then blam!

The other rabbit legged it. Shame as I don't like to split up couples.

My lady is coming round tonight. She thinks we're having fish and chips. Do you think she will notice?

Pesky

• Like 7

That rifle looks sweet,sounds a nice little stalk as well,did well to get in range with no cover,and as for attempting to con her? I think she'll notice that you've swapped the chips for rabbit :laugh:

Nice shot pesky, that's how it's done.

Now then, the little matter of kidding the lady friend that your rabbit is fish.

As a fishmonger of 20 years, I think your going to struggle my friend but good luck?=?

• Like 1

One of my fav rifles the pro sport

the other is the 97k

but if i had to pick one of them to buy i

WOULD BUY BOTH LOL

Nice shooting pesky

now you have me wanting another pp

im off to the toon to day so may call in to the rfd,s :hmm::laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thank you for the replies.

The Pro Sport was supposed to be the gun to end all guns. The purchase that would require no replacements. If I had the best spring gun then my compulsion would be nulled.

So I got a very good, used Pro Sport. I chose .177 to lenghten the opportunities. Round here it is all open pasture with dry stone wall borders. Not many trees because the Yorkshire stone is so close to the surface. Plus everyone and their dog are barking on about .177 is the way to go, .22 is for old men. Blah Blah.

So the gun to end all guns. Sob. Since then I have bought a .22 Airsporter, .22 Webley Eclipse, .22 Pro Sport, .22 HW97. Argghh!!

I never got on with the 97, so it is on long term load to a friend. The .22 Pro Sport is my ratting gun. For everything else I am back to using my .22 HW35.

The grass will get cut and baled in the next couple of weeks, if it is ever dry enough. So the only opportunities will be the longer shots, so out comes the .177.

I am going to try and use this as my main gun, moving between guns and calibres dilutes your skill and I am no expert as it is.

Have ordered sling swivels for it as my arms have stretched since I have started using it again.

One interesting thing about the Pro Sport - you read about watching the pellet fly towards the target and I always thought, yeah right.. what a load of blarney.. My HW35 is like wrestling a wild animal. The Pro Sport, with its extra girth, I can actually see the holes appear. Maybe it isn't blarney after all.

Pesky

• Like 1

Matt, I did have a .177 Tx200 full length. But If a gun isn't shabby, then I am too scared to use it. What drag a pristine gun through wet grass? Sit in the rain with it?

So I spent more time drooling over it than actually using it.

It was also front heavy compared to the Pro Sport. Not as front heavy as the 97K though. It makes me wonder what the full length HW97 must be like.

Anyway I am gnashing my teeth like Muttley after scratching my Pro Sport barrel on the wall yesterday, another reason for getting a sling. But at least it has lost its cherry and can now be dragged around. It must be a psychological thing. You can barely see the scratch but the gun is now tainted and usable.

Something that the T-rex groupies don't state is that cocking the TX is much easier than the Pro Sport. Because the fulcrum point for the under lever is in a perfect place. The ProSport's is down near the trigger, so needing more effort and compromising stealth.

Both are great guns and thoroughly recommended. I won't be selling mine.

As for the Rabbit casserole with sage, onion and potato V fish 'n' chips. We went to the local pub for mucky beer - Timothy Taylor's Boltmaker (yummy yum yum), and a pub tea. And the night was successful

• Like 2