111 replies to this topic

#31 pirate pack

pirate pack

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:45 am

At long last season in fuLl swing,done 11 nests in 5 hours 650quid lovely jubley just hope it continues.
  • Phil Lloyd and DIDO.1 like this

#32 BRY

BRY

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:44 pm

Still very slow here on the wasps

#33 pirate pack

pirate pack

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:49 pm

Talking to lads around country they are quite patchy can't complain got 7 booked in. For morning I will be making hay while the sun shines hope it picks up for you soon

#34 myersbg

myersbg

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:10 pm

I did neck end of 60 last week, 8 yesterday, 7 today, have 5 booked in for tomorrow, trouble is i have no time for anything else, i have a load of balsam to spray but everytime i have to go spraying it is too wet or too windy, but should not complain as a lot of customers want to part with notes.

#35 swarmcatcher

swarmcatcher

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:46 pm

For those of you using professional aerosols how do you go about getting rid of them? - there considered as hazardous waste being that they are  aerosols?

• ratattack likes this

#36 talpa

talpa

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:52 pm

I did neck end of 60 last week, 8 yesterday, 7 today, have 5 booked in for tomorrow, trouble is i have no time for anything else, i have a load of balsam to spray but everytime i have to go spraying it is too wet or too windy, but should not complain as a lot of customers want to part with notes.

Get yourself set up with a stem injector then you won't be tied to weather conditions.

#37 myersbg

myersbg

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 543 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:26 pm

Get yourself set up with a stem injector then you won't be tied to weather conditions.

I have the gear but there is acres of it, it would take for ever and cost a flaming fortune, it would be quicker to pull it than to inject it, plus it is all at different growth stages.

#38 ratattack

ratattack

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:56 pm

For those of you using professional aerosols how do you go about getting rid of them? - there considered as hazardous waste being that they are  aerosols?

I believe some may be leaving onsite for the customer to bin, you won't use a whole aerosol on a nest anyway. Therefor if left with the customer they can bin em. domestic aerosols have the same ingredients just a smaller tin.

FYI I don't use them unless it's for a knockdown around a window to sort out some escapees.

#39 rasp

rasp

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:55 pm

If its your gear its your responsibility to remove your waste.

#40 DIDO.1

DIDO.1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:58 am

If i have an empty aresol on a job then it just goes in customers bin.

I'm sure some clever sod will be on to tell me I'm a disgrace to pest control and I should have a waste transfer licence
  • Torquemada likes this

#41 Jaggsy

Jaggsy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:04 pm

If i have an empty aresol on a job then it just goes in customers bin.

I'm sure some clever sod will be on to tell me I'm a disgrace to pest control and I should have a waste transfer licence

Disgraceful! Sell all your gear and go and stand in the corner.

#42 DIDO.1

DIDO.1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:53 pm

Just got stung on the cheek, proper amateur, no suit on, run up the customers garden throwing my spray and mask off, screaming like a girl
  • TOMO and Torquemada like this

#43 pirate pack

pirate pack

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:42 pm

It happens to the best of us,I went 11 seasons without getting stung and then got stung 43 stings in 1 go painfull a stupid case of being to lazy or two cocky to put suit on a lesson I have not needed to be repeated.

#44 ratattack

ratattack

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:23 pm

Lol suit on every nest, had too many close calls with it on, I would be dead by now I'm sure otherwise. Plus it makes the customer appreciate it more as they think they couldn't do it themselves.

I got stung at the bloody pub of all places a couple of weeks ago. Nice cold beer made it all ok tho! Been stung 6x in 9 yrs at work. Pretty good average I think👍

#45 shropshire mole

shropshire mole

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:18 pm

It takes longer to put overalls and bee suit jacket on,but defo better than even 1 sting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users