Air Arms Pro Sport

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally got around to buying a Pro Sport. Maybe not the most practical rifle from the perspective of a sporting tool. Obselete technology as a power source, recoiling action, single shot and slow to

I can only echo mac's comments.   Another vote for the prosport and no problem with two piece mounts at all. But go for quality no cheapy ones  

Where will i start ???   PRO SPORT   more pointable than the tx   balance is perfect   not front end heavy like the tx or the 97   as the under leaver is tucked away under the stock   and

Posted Images

Be alright owing Frenchie a fiver £5 - eh ?

Forgive me lord for I have sinned !

What have you done my son ? :huh:

Well "i repeated what an AA rep` said to Phil pot on the THL forum"

"Whaaaat" !

Yeah, he said a Pro sport airgun is not as powerful as a T REX and Niceprix read it :angel:.

Oh dear my son.

Yeah Father - he must think I`ve pinched his house the way he`s going on :rofl:

What can I do Father as I`ve told him the truth throughout our handbag slinging ?

Welllll my Son you could tell him what I would say but then again he might think it`s you that said it, "again".

What would you say Father ? Please ?

Son, tell him to "Go forth and multiply"

"My Dad says FECK OFF !"

"Only saying like". Dr B :rofl:

​.

Son.....though shalt spend an eternity of torment in the lake of fire after this life for your sins!

But.......on a more serious note, which is better.......the tx or the pro sport?......oh...sorry we've done 5 pages on this one already.....NEXT!!!

We haven't Matt, we`ve done 5 pages (is it ?) on " What the rep` said" I think ?

He`s not asked me what I think of the Pro Sport yet,or has he ? He`s just ranted fire and brimstone :laugh:

He`ll be back soon, he has to have the last word you see :tongue2:

atb

• Like 1

I have no idea what the general rule of thought is after 5 pages of swing our cocks around.

But, my 2 pence is that I do think that the 'off the shelf PS' tends to be lower on FPE, and the reason is it makes the rifle a sweeter shooting experience, and its something AA deliberately do to the rifle set up. Obviously some do come out the factory banging on the door of 11.5-6 but they are actually set around 10-10.5 as standard. My own PS was set around 9.7 but it was most defiantly the best shot cycle for a standard rifle.

Not that makes any difference what so ever, 10 is well enough to drop game.

97 is a better rifle anyway :D

I will just make my final comment.

I REPEATED ONLY WHAT SALESMEN TOLD MYSELF AND MY WIFE ON THE STAND

I HAVE THE LATEST LEAFLET FROM AA IN FRONT OF ME WITH THE WEIGHTS LISTED AS FOLLOWS

PROSPORT BEECH 9.5lbs WALNUT 9.0lbs

TX200HC BEECH 8.8lbs WALNUT 8.4lbs

END OF.............................................

Phil

• Like 1

I will just make my final comment.

I REPEATED ONLY WHAT SALESMEN TOLD MYSELF AND MY WIFE ON THE STAND

I HAVE THE LATEST LEAFLET FROM AA IN FRONT OF ME WITH THE WEIGHTS LISTED AS FOLLOWS

PROSPORT BEECH 9.5lbs WALNUT 9.0lbs

TX200HC BEECH 8.8lbs WALNUT 8.4lbs

END OF.............................................

Phil

Not quite. From the Air Arms website: TX200 Mk. III comes in at 4.2kg whilst the Pro Sport is 4.1Kg.

Quoting from the same page: "The Pro sport is the next step up from the TX200 ........." Their words not mine :tongue2:

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/target/1708-choosing-an-air-rifle-target-shooting

Okay Nicepix, I accept your point on weight but please also accept my point taken from my leaflet and AA website under 'downloads' so it seems that they are not so certain me thinks.

This photo is from my leaflet as I cannot seem to be able to copy the online brochure but here is the link, page 33

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/AA-Brochure-ISS-7-High-Res.pdf

DSCF3201_zpsdn4dldkv.jpg

At the end of the day both rifles are superb and in some ways I wish I had bought the Prosport but quite simply on the day the TX200HC felt better for me and that is what I made my decision on along with the direction the salesmen were guiding me, in truth, now that I am slowly getting to grips with the springer, she is a very nice piece of kit but I will say, the pellet feed is not so easy as an HW97 however like the results, I am getting into the feel of it.

I wish you well with your Prosport matey and I will also enjoy my TX, good shooting.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

Well, for the record, I own 2 Springers and, Though neither is a Prosport, I'm firm in the believe that they are all I will ever need.....

1 is a TX200hc .22 in walnut that I have owned for a relatively short period of time. I'm still trying to master this one.

The other is a single barrel, pump action, yogurt rifle. I have owned this for 37yrs although, I have only really used it in anger for the last 20yrs. The power has never dropped but, I am aware of it's limited range (it does tend to produce a lot of flyers)

So, with that knowledge, I tend to use the TX mainly for targets at the moment and, the other for, preferably, heart and lung shots at a maximum distance of 1.5yrd.

;):thumbs::D

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 2

Each rifle wil

Okay Nicepix, I accept your point on weight but please also accept my point taken from my leaflet and AA website under 'downloads' so it seems that they are not so certain me thinks.

This photo is from my leaflet as I cannot seem to be able to copy the online brochure but here is the link, page 33

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/AA-Brochure-ISS-7-High-Res.pdf

DSCF3201_zpsdn4dldkv.jpg

At the end of the day both rifles are superb and in some ways I wish I had bought the Prosport but quite simply on the day the TX200HC felt better for me and that is what I made my decision on along with the direction the salesmen were guiding me, in truth, now that I am slowly getting to grips with the springer, she is a very nice piece of kit but I will say, the pellet feed is not so easy as an HW97 however like the results, I am getting into the feel of it.

I wish you well with your Prosport matey and I will also enjoy my TX, good shooting.

Phil

The actual weights may vary dependent on the density of the wood in the stock. But in reality both rifles are so close in weight that it would not matter. Certainly not enough to warrant discounting one or the other IMO. However, they have a different point of balance and so the shooter might think that one or the other is heavier when in fact it is the balance not the weight that gives that effect.

On power; they are virtually the same rifle. So given that both have the same spring, cylinder, etc it would be a pretty good trick for Air Arms to de-tune the Pro Sport and not the TX using the same parts. On that point I bow to the manufacturer's specification as 'close to the legal limit' which would indicate that it isn't 10.5 ft-lb as some believe. Also, given that they use the same spring, etc the only way the Pro Sport could suffer from power loss is if a small batch of inferior parts was unsuspectingly used on that production line and not on the TX line. It certainly isn't in Air Arm's interests to have their flagship springer under powered or unreliable.

Would I pay £100 more for a Pro Sport than a TX brand new? I don't know. But if there were two in the shop at the same price I would walk out with the Pro Sport every time, That is only my personal opinion. I am sure that someone else would be happy with the TX I left behind.