London

Go to solution Solved by Greengrass,

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All these northerners coming to London, you won't be able to move soon for blokes standing outside cafes moaning "6 bluuddy powend fer a coop of tea an teh bacon butty......6 bluuddy powend.......it's

I,ve been down in London for the last few days and have to say how impressed I was compared to when I used to live there a few years ago. Staff on the tube/ underground always helpful, likewise the st

It's quiet nice as a Londoner to hear someone say positive stuff about the place, when like me you have spent your whole life in and around the place day to day you start to look at it with a bit of a

• 2 weeks later...
Do,s Tony B still own the Peacock Gnash ? I,d a friend who use to train there .

Sorry Jimmy ive been away a few weeks and missed this........yes Tony and Martin have still got The Peacock its changed a bit over the years they cater for general keep fit as well as the mma boys these days whereas it was purely a boxing gym before but theres still some top talent in there and some decent trainers get in there as well so its all good.......i doubt theres a London pro past or present who hasnt trained in the Peacock at some point in his career.

Gnash did you ever train in the Thomas A Becket club on The Old Kent Road mate .

Yes quite a lot mate there was also the gym above the Henry Cooper a few doors along as well,then of course you had the Royal Oak and the Peacock this side of the water the 70,s and 80,s were great times for the area......funny gym the Beckett at one stage there used to be a skinny bald lad dossing down in the changing rooms every night using the gaff as a bedsit,everyone thought him a bit strange but he was such a cracking lad nobody really bothered him he would just watch and ask questions now and then......................Dean Powell god rest his soul.

It was a real spit and sawdust place back then i witnessed plenty of good old fashioned gym wars in there...took part in a few as well......wouldnt find a gym like that in todays era ;)

• 4 months later...

Said it before and i'll say it again....

The greatest capital in the world...

Look through any prejudice and take it for what it is....

Now look prejudice up... And at least respect your capital.... ;)

I love nothing better than a pint in a good old Boozer...England has the best old Pubs in the world...London has the best old Pubs in England...me and Mrs Brindle will down there in a few weeks to see the Cockney Rejects play at the 100 Club...where we done our courting nearly 30 years back :drink:

Im due a visit, might skirt just inside the m25, only friends in 'greater' London, all family died out or moved away. But there again, the more I think about it the more I think of staying put! LOL