Is The Hmr Really A 200 Yard Rifle?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very over estimated round in my opinion

What ever happened to field craft ?over the years I have met many a man that could shoot targets that I could but dream of but ask them to stalk to within 25yards of a rabbit and it's laughable, Perso

That would seem to be the case most of the time, borne out by the fact that there are always loads on guntrader etc, and I know a few people Seeker included, who will probably never use theirs again.

Posted Images

The reason for making the video is that I started a thread on the BBS about my preference for the HMR over the .22LR. One comment was, "Having double the power of a .22LR doesn't necessarily mean you have twice the range."

I find that, in comparable conditions, it does just that :thumbs:

Edited by Elliott

The reason for making the video is that I started a thread on the BBS about my preference for the HMR over the .22LR. One comment was, "Having double the power of a .22LR doesn't necessarily mean you have twice the range."

Comparable or appropriate? :hmm::thumbs:

Comparable or appropriate? :hmm::thumbs:

Comparable; i.e. similar :thumbs:

I wouldnt personally push the hmr past 150yards. Mainly cus I don't need or want to. That's what im getting a .223 for ;)

I have a .22 and prefer that over the hmr due to cost, noise and satisfaction. I love the hmr but don't see a place for it once I get the .223 if I'm honest

• Like 3

humanely no but as you have shown with good shooting technique and pure luck with a decent batch of ammo it can give good groups on paper .high risk of a non clean kill in real life hunting situation.the wind has the greatest impact near the shooter and the grass where you were shooting looked still wich helped alot.i switched to 204 after inconsistant ammo and very bad groups in winds.

nice group though bud