• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I run my own business so I cannot over pay myself as my earnings are directly proportional to how hard I work. I would wager your a disgruntled worker bee in a menial job because either you have

Funny isnt it how folks trot out the bullshite it gets you from a to b and its a drug dealers car etc ive been lucky to have driven some amazing cars from lambos, Ferrari to a brand new r8 last week a

jealous?

Posted Images

everyone to there own i like my landcruisers and the gt continentals a lovly motor but i enjoy the old 92 landcruiser the best dont get me wrong the newer motors are nice but the conty attacts to much attention for my likein but its fckin awesome to drive

Got me an old landy.

Galvanised Chassis

Tax exempt.

200TDi

Range Rover Diffs

Overdrive

£120 to Insure.

£40 each last tyres I bought.

£49 gets ya a complete set of Brakes.

Pulls trailer c/w 2 pallets of 6" Blocks.

Can throw a deer or a few dozen rabbits in the back, then power wash it out in the morning!

Got it's luxuries too, night heater in there.

Bought a CD Player, but you'd never hear it!

Goes anywhere (Up untill now)

Priceless to me.

I'll take ya for a run in it after your BMs, L200s, Hi-Luxes Rot away. :thumbs::D

In the meantime, I'll away and cound my pennies in the bank. :laugh:

Better go and get a chunk of my mortgage paid off before the interest rates go up.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I work for BMW in Kings Lynn mate, if you ever need any help or advice with it let me know. As for transmissions being prone, that is not the case. Transfer boxes can be temperamental if service intervals are not maintained but as far as the Auto gearboxes themselves, we don't change any more or less than on other Auto models.

Just be prepared for the rear tyres to break the bank. Tyres seem to wear prematurely on the inner edges. This is more so the case if you have run flat tyres fitted. Make sure you check pressures regularly as we have seen customers go through a pair of rear tyres on those in 6 months due to low pressures.

At around £300 a tyre it is in your interest to check pressures every couple of weeks :laugh:

One other important thing others have not mentioned. With the BMW X-drive system, if you use tyres that are not matching and not BMW approved (have a star on the side wall) they can seriously damage your transfer box. I do not know how this sits with non genuine rims and A/T tyres but customers have had to pay thousands on new transfer boxes as they decided to go for cheapo tyres. It is complicated to explain but the 4 wheel drive system bmw uses is more electrical than mechanical and if it miscalculates wheel rotation or wheel slip due to different tyre tread patterns, it will try to compensate for this causing vehicle jerking and clonking whilst driving and ultimately knackering your transfer box in the long run.

Other than that they are fantastic 4wd vehicles, although must admit a suzuki jimny will probably be more suited for off roading :icon_redface:

Deano

I'm with the old landy post I run a series 3 and its great I have had all manner of 4x4 wagons but always end up back with an old bone shaker

Beemers a nice car but no ofroader even with thousands spent on mods just ask Russ Malkin from race to Dakar there support car broke more than the bikes racing.... Awkward hehe

• 2 weeks later...

I work for BMW in Kings Lynn mate, if you ever need any help or advice with it let me know. As for transmissions being prone, that is not the case. Transfer boxes can be temperamental if service intervals are not maintained but as far as the Auto gearboxes themselves, we don't change any more or less than on other Auto models.

Just be prepared for the rear tyres to break the bank. Tyres seem to wear prematurely on the inner edges. This is more so the case if you have run flat tyres fitted. Make sure you check pressures regularly as we have seen customers go through a pair of rear tyres on those in 6 months due to low pressures.

At around £300 a tyre it is in your interest to check pressures every couple of weeks :laugh:

One other important thing others have not mentioned. With the BMW X-drive system, if you use tyres that are not matching and not BMW approved (have a star on the side wall) they can seriously damage your transfer box. I do not know how this sits with non genuine rims and A/T tyres but customers have had to pay thousands on new transfer boxes as they decided to go for cheapo tyres. It is complicated to explain but the 4 wheel drive system bmw uses is more electrical than mechanical and if it miscalculates wheel rotation or wheel slip due to different tyre tread patterns, it will try to compensate for this causing vehicle jerking and clonking whilst driving and ultimately knackering your transfer box in the long run.

Other than that they are fantastic 4wd vehicles, although must admit a suzuki jimny will probably be more suited for off roading :icon_redface:

Deano

Just have to say a really helpful and friendly post! Not used to seeing

Posts like this on thl!!fair play to you pal

Deano

Just have to say a really helpful and friendly post! Not used to seeing

Posts like this on thl!!fair play to you pal

Cheers mate, Like to help out where I can