Transit Van Or...

Looking to get a transit van (or any similar van)... in the very near future.... for going away...caravanning... whippet racing... game fairs and general dog duties....

Will be towing a caravan (obviously)....

My thinking for a tranny van is.... theyre cheapish... and must be good for towing as the travellers swear by them right?.....

Any other suggestions on a medium sized...cheap van thats good for lugging a caravan about?

Would i be right in thinking that i couldnt go far wrong with a 2.0L diesel... medium wheel based transit?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vw transporter tows well nice drive bomb proof engines and good resale when you need it gone,also no one bats an eyelid when parked up in the sticks

maybe eaiser to say what they'r not :bad:

Renault traffics are tidy vans i currently have a 2013 one for work its coverd 30 thousand miles as we cover thousands of miles a week and it dont miss a beat ... Did have a transporter that was also

Posted Images

Renault traffics are tidy vans i currently have a 2013 one for work its coverd 30 thousand miles as we cover thousands of miles a week and it dont miss a beat ... Did have a transporter that was also a great van but expensive things to buy

• Like 1

had a ducato for 4 year trouble free ---run a a lwb high top renault master now .. vans to me are a mine field -- I do the antique fairs and most dealers seem to run merc sprinters I had the old sprinter and it was a rust box -- had the merc vario ugly thing but a fantastic van... have you thought about a tidy van with a side awing some of the dealers use them with an inner for tent sleeping in -- you could make a bed in the van for the kids with room underneath for the dogs and your gear ...and put the dogs in cages in the awing at night ...

Edited by the_stig

weve got a transit here engines sound as a pound but the body work rots for fun .

e2a for towing mate id go for a transit as you said the travellers use them and thefre life is about towing they all cant be wrong

Edited by budharley

Cheers lads...

What about the vivaro...primastar....and trafic?....

Don't get an auto the gearboxes are shocking my mates got a traffic and on the 3rd gearbox also to many electrics to go tits up we have loads of these vans coming in as scrap all late models.

Rarely get a tranny that's fixable even rarer is a transporter.

Edited by Westy76