ALRIGHT MATE.

TAKE ALL THE MEAT OF THE BONES AND CHOP IT INTO STEW SIZE PIECES.

CHOP 2 ONIONS

2 CARROTS

1 PKT OF SAUSAGES.

2 COLMANS CASSAROLE MIXES AD THE LOT TO A LARGE CASSAROLE DISH WITH A LID.

3HRS AT 160/170 DEGREES.

HAVE WITH MASH/N/PASTRY

TOP,S

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stick it in the slow cooker with a can of cider fekin lovely.   tbh, if yer not going to eat it,,you shouldn`t kill it,, leave well alone, killing them for fuckall is a twats game

Some of the best game available, if cooked correctly !   Cheers.

brown the jointed meat off in a pan after dusting with some seasoned flour soften a whole onion or 2 a crushed clove of garlic add the meat onion mix 2 a oven dish along with 2 tins baxters royal

• 2 weeks later...

Were most people go wrong with Hare IMO is they don't bleed them. I eat alot of hares this time of year they are my favourite game meat, I bleed them as soon as they are killed then gut them maybe half hour later this makes the meat "sweet" imo. I don't mind hanging any game but to do this with the guts left in is wrong and is why alot of people only ever try certain meats once and are put off for life.

• Like 3

like shit feed it the dogs

Some of the best game available, if cooked correctly !

Cheers.

ALRIGHT MATE.

TAKE ALL THE MEAT OF THE BONES AND CHOP IT INTO STEW SIZE PIECES.

CHOP 2 ONIONS

2 CARROTS

1 PKT OF SAUSAGES.

2 COLMANS CASSAROLE MIXES AD THE LOT TO A LARGE CASSAROLE DISH WITH A LID.

3HRS AT 160/170 DEGREES.

HAVE WITH MASH/N/PASTRY

TOP,S

We have snowshoe rabbits here in Nova Scotia, Canada which I will assume taste like Bushwacker says :censored: , I have tried rabbit every way possible and still tastes like crap :bad: . Now being open minded and seeing what chartpolski is saying, he must know the secret to looking after them once they are shot with a good recipe :boogy: . I have heard if you boil the crap out of them so they don't taste like rabbit they are pretty good but I even tried that & the meat looked like and tasted like spagetti noodles. Now, that being said, 3 turns seems to have a pretty good recipie there, I might give it a go!! :toast:

I agree 100% with the comments, never shoot what you won't eat :angel: ; however, here we sell the bloody things for $15.00 a pair and on a good day we can snare 50+ in a day :thumbs: . I don't own a dog so I just kinda waunder around the woods with my trusty ole .22 and scare them up. Hard ole things to see when the snow is down though.

Cheers and safe hunting

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Were most people go wrong with Hare IMO is they don't bleed them. I eat alot of hares this time of year they are my favourite game meat, I bleed them as soon as they are killed then gut them maybe half hour later this makes the meat "sweet" imo. I don't mind hanging any game but to do this with the guts left in is wrong and is why alot of people only ever try certain meats once and are put off for life.

I saw a video possible by Mark Gilcrest where he left his rabbits in salted cold water (with a tap dripping in to the basin) overnight. If I remember correctly he said this would get the remains of the blood out of the rabbit. Wonder if the same technique would make hare more palatable?

Old bloke I go out with hangs them for a week with there guts in.. Was round last week and he'd had a pair hanging 9 days, then gutted them and cut the meat off to put in a slow cooker, he says there beautiful... So my job when I get back is to polish some off for him, plenty about at the minute.

When we used to sell them to the game dealer he insisted we left the gutts in,and said the were going to poland,I would have thought they had enough over there,

If we were eating them ourselves, we used to gut em straight away and empty the chest just as you would a deer,get as much blood out as possible,really top meat to eat mind a good plate full, really nice used in a curry slow cooked,

• 2 weeks later...

When we used to sell them to the game dealer he insisted we left the gutts in,and said the were going to poland,I would have thought they had enough over there,

If we were eating them ourselves, we used to gut em straight away and empty the chest just as you would a deer,get as much blood out as possible,really top meat to eat mind a good plate full, really nice used in a curry slow cooked,

All the gamedealers I take them to, want them with guts in...

• 3 weeks later...

stick it in the slow cooker with a can of cider fekin lovely.

tbh, if yer not going to eat it,,you shouldn`t kill it,, leave well alone, killing them for fuckall is a twats game

too true,killing edible game then not eating ,twxxs trick for sure.

All the gamedealers I take them to, want them with guts in...

exported to russia no doubt? :thumbs: