new permission last night. then the police come

The plod would love us keepers ringing them with our every move do we tell them when we go out or come home I can just imagine ringing in and telling them I was nipping home for a shite be back in 5.

Tis a slippery slope first it's voluntary to ring and inform them next it's compulsory

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly , more and more drivel gets posted on here ...........

Why would all that happen you've got air-rifles mun...........sometimes Mole I wonder if your actually for real.   ps don't get your missus to come on and tell me off.  

we dont bother ringing, better to give them a wide birth jmo

everyone has there reasons for doing it there way, got to whey up the pro's and con's.

If your whiter than white no reason not to kiss ass a little bit, if thats what your into :laugh: :laugh: (just messing :thumbs: )

.atb. .ste.

• Like 1

I never rang in when i used my air rifle...never seen any police around my permission in the 4yr i'd been shooting/ferreting on.Got the FAC & carried on the same way :victory: however one day the helicopter was out,5 mins later a van arrives with a decent copper who did a bit of shooting himself,now i always phone in.

I would rather the plod know where i am shooting as oppossed to a load of blue lights everywhere & having to explain what i'm doing with my rifle.

The plod would love us keepers ringing them with our every move do we tell them when we go out or come home I can just imagine ringing in and telling them I was nipping home for a shite be back in 5.

Tis a slippery slope first it's voluntary to ring and inform them next it's compulsory

too [bANNED TEXT], i agree :thumbs:

an not too long after that happens, you'll have to ask them if its o.k for you to nip home for a shite!

I rang them the over night when we were stuck in a field with a member from another forum and explained the situation ie we were stuck and couldnt leave the vehicle as we had firearms in the vehicle but they were not interested they didnt know me from adam i gave them my details and all they said was they couldnt help

Mark

What you do is tell the police where you are going and what time you are going before you go. Ring up the local control room, tell them what you are shooting, what you are using to shoot, where you will be shooting, what times you will be shooting between and the police will not bother you, even if someone reports you being on the permission land. I have had cause to thank the police for turning up (found live shotgun cartridges on my permission and the police disposed of them). Simply tell them who you are, when, where and what and they are more than happy to leave you alone. After all wouldn't you want someone calling the police if they saw a stranger with a firearm in your back garden?

See this was the information i was give after a false alligation was made againest myself, later thinking to myself why the hell should i be telling these nosey b*****ds where i am, what im doing and what im shooting. I am fully within my right to be there with a written permission contract to complete pest control. Even Sex offenders dont have to ring and tell the police they are just popping to the shops. So in my eyes they can well and truely f**k off.

Steve

Who said we are in a policed state when you have to tell the police of your movements when doing legal activities.

Thanks all for falling into the groove on this, soon you will be calling them to go to Asda's.

Its not the legal shooters they want to come out to is it ???? Its the people shooting others permissions that screw it for everyone....Always ring in first and never had an issue.

You will find some police are keen shooters themselves, others are anti, just like the rest of Joe public..

Why make life harder for yourself.

f**k that ringing police,,,,,if ur on permission theres only 1 person who needs 2 know

and thats the farmer.........

thats my opinion too! as long as the farmer /landowner knows i dont care what plod says

You will when you shit your pants having a Heckler pointed at your head.....Great idea......

well this seems to be split down the middle i personally wont be ringing the police as i just dont think its necassary for the places i shoot! if i start encountering police hassle may be i will have to rethink this. but to be fair there were 3 morons running round down here shooting bloody swans not so long ago! the law did not really do nothing about that untill some one told them who it was and even then they only got piss all fines no nickings for armed trespass and they shot over 70 of em. i think forces in different areas obviously are keener than in mine. i will just carry on as usual and keep a low profile. the point made earlier about its volentary now but if people do it it will become compulsary is a valid one. just my opinion if others want to phone in thier where abouts and comings and goings thats thiers. some times i have me rifle in the van an stop on the way home and put a few buns in the bag in 10 mins or less the phone call would take longer than the shooting.

Charlie, when you are flying the kite you are not likely to be endangering the public to the extent that you can endanger the public with a rifle. Furthermore, someone must have seen the OP to report them. It takes 5 damned minutes at the most, why go through the hassle of the OP if you can take 5 minutes out of your life just to extend the courtesy to inform the police that you will be wandering around some land with a rifle? Remember since the dawn of mobile phones people who are mobile can call the police, so that will now include bird watchers, dog walkers, ramblers and people who despise hunting. Best to make sure your presence is known.

As regards the truck inspection, it is obvious that our little friend in the politically correct uniform decided to try and have the OP for something, seeing as he had been forced to drive down roads without streetlights, full of horrible twisted hedges and trees that looked like monsters, into an area where he would have to clean his police car once he got it home. This can make them somewhat peevish, he is thinking to himself "If that man had rung in and got a reference number I could still be sat in McDonald's car park drinking cappuccinos and eating doughnuts like a real American cop!" So to make up for it he was determined to give something out for his troubles, something that would cost the OP money. You see once they are peeved they like to make other people peeved.

As for not seeing him again, I would not like to bet on it. He has probably got the maps out, is studying the boundaries and is trying to find out if it is legal for him to breathe in the woods, let alone fire! Keep them informed and they have no reason to bother you. Simple!

What you are saying is that the officer was acting illegally and do you honestly think that he would get away with such actions with his section Sergeant or Inspector the first thing I would want to know is what were the circumstances wich lead to the need for a vehicle inspection. I would expect a very good excuse. I have shot for over 40 years and have never called the Police to tell them that I am going out shooting. If they choose to do as you suggest then that is the area SOP for such situations. On the other hand if they call the said hunter who has reported that he shooting in the area and there is also A N Other doing no good in the same proximity they will be in the wrong for not investigating the situation properly.

You can argue this case all day long but I can assure you, that if a call is put out about a suspect with a gun 2 hours after a hunter has called in giving them the location and the fact that he is shooting, the IC number and relevent log could be a good 10 sheets behind on the SCOPE recording system and the opperator could have changed and the cops on the street will not be told or given the IC number, so they will have to react as per SOP.

Charlie, when you are flying the kite you are not likely to be endangering the public to the extent that you can endanger the public with a rifle. Furthermore, someone must have seen the OP to report them. It takes 5 damned minutes at the most, why go through the hassle of the OP if you can take 5 minutes out of your life just to extend the courtesy to inform the police that you will be wandering around some land with a rifle? Remember since the dawn of mobile phones people who are mobile can call the police, so that will now include bird watchers, dog walkers, ramblers and people who despise hunting. Best to make sure your presence is known.

As regards the truck inspection, it is obvious that our little friend in the politically correct uniform decided to try and have the OP for something, seeing as he had been forced to drive down roads without streetlights, full of horrible twisted hedges and trees that looked like monsters, into an area where he would have to clean his police car once he got it home. This can make them somewhat peevish, he is thinking to himself "If that man had rung in and got a reference number I could still be sat in McDonald's car park drinking cappuccinos and eating doughnuts like a real American cop!" So to make up for it he was determined to give something out for his troubles, something that would cost the OP money. You see once they are peeved they like to make other people peeved.

As for not seeing him again, I would not like to bet on it. He has probably got the maps out, is studying the boundaries and is trying to find out if it is legal for him to breathe in the woods, let alone fire! Keep them informed and they have no reason to bother you. Simple!

What you are saying is that the officer was acting illegally and do you honestly think that he would get away with such actions with his section Sergeant or Inspector the first thing I would want to know is what were the circumstances wich lead to the need for a vehicle inspection. I would expect a very good excuse. I have shot for over 40 years and have never called the Police to tell them that I am going out shooting. If they choose to do as you suggest then that is the area SOP for such situations. On the other hand if they call the said hunter who has reported that he shooting in the area and there is also A N Other doing no good in the same proximity they will be in the wrong for not investigating the situation properly.

You can argue this case all day long but I can assure you, that if a call is put out about a suspect with a gun 2 hours after a hunter has called in giving them the location and the fact that he is shooting, the IC number and relevent log could be a good 10 sheets behind on the SCOPE recording system and the opperator could have changed and the cops on the street will not be told or given the IC number, so they will have to react as per SOP.

are you saying phoning in is bollox then ? i dont know what all this scope and sop stuff means?

Fry, no I am not saying it is bollocks, I am saying that in my experience it is not needed. I have on numerous occasions seen Cops having to react to a report of an armed man at so and so. After the situation had been checked it was found that an incident control log had been called in by the shooter before he commenced his shoot. But in the control room they probably receive hundreds of other incidents and the shooters call gets pushed way back in the system because of this (Due to there being no follow on procedure required. If this happens in the time of a shift change the new operator might not have had time to check back in the log and therefor is unable to pass on the relevant info.

SCOPE is a computer system that my force used to record such calls. SOP stand for Standard Operational Procedure.

• Like 1

Fry, no I am not saying it is bollocks, I am saying that in my experience it is not needed. I have on numerous occasions seen Cops having to react to a report of an armed man at so and so. After the situation had been checked it was found that an incident control log had been called in by the shooter before he commenced his shoot. But in the control room they probably receive hundreds of other incidents and the shooters call gets pushed way back in the system because of this (Due to there being no follow on procedure required. If this happens in the time of a shift change the new operator might not have had time to check back in the log and therefor is unable to pass on the relevant info.

SCOPE is a computer system that my force used to record such calls. SOP stand for Standard Operational Procedure.

so thats that then a police officer saying that phoning in is not needed! well that does it for me thankyou for clearing that up blunderbus.

I never said I was a Police Officer, but I did work for the Police for 5 years after serving 27 years in the Army. I said my comments were from experiences I have had and the fact that I have shot for over 40 years and never once have I had a problem with Police being called out to me. I believe that it is each individual’s choice and if they feel it is needed fine, but it will not ensure that he or she will have an undisturbed shoot.

Fry, I am retired now buy the way.

I never said I was a Police Officer, but I did work for the Police for 5 years after serving 27 years in the Army. I said my comments were from experiences I have had and the fact that I have shot for over 40 years and never once have I had a problem with Police being called out to me. I believe that it is each individual’s choice and if they feel it is needed fine, but it will not ensure that he or she will have an undisturbed shoot.

Fry, I am retired now buy the way.

whaaa retired at 51 you lucky bugger :icon_eek: wish i was :thumbs: