Any fitness fanatics on here?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont worry about that tubby, just hope the bloke you fancy aint drinking it!!

Speeding up the weight loss normally results in faster weight gain once the diet finishes. Slow is better, as the weight loss will be more sustainable, and you would end up with large amounts of exce

Don't eat shit and walk the dogs many miles on rough terrain everyday. Works for me

My hobby this summer is getting fit, i have tried for a while and always end up losing motivation but i have vowed to keep strong this time round and i am doing well so far, i have lost half a stone in 4 weeks but would like to speed up the weight loss, currently i am on two shakes a day of Maximuscle Promax diet and one protein based meal a day and i am drinking lots of water with few cups of tea a day but no sugar, using sweeteners instead, i have started jogging while out with the dogs and i have a cross trainer which i use at least 3 times a week and burn 1000 calories each time i use it. Im just abit frustrated with how slow it seems to be takeing to see results. Is there anything else i should be doing exersize wise and what are the best foods to eat? I know theres a few on here that like keeping fit and i feel so good after a workout, any help/advice would be very welcome? :icon_redface::thumbs: Thanks in advance THL :angel:

Eat a breakfast, lunch and main meal. Cut out all junk and i mean all junk......no sweets, crisps, takeaway food and alchohol(nightmare i know) for 2 months and i bet you lose up too 2 stone depending on how much you think you need to lose of course. Do this combined with your excersie and you'll strip the fat... :thumbs:

2 months might sound long but really its not......i done it when i sneaked up to 15 and a half stone....seen a picture and thought "f**k this for a laugh".... :icon_eek: After 2 months i was down too 13 stone and another month later i was down to 12 and a half which is too light for me and i couldn't sustain that....... :no:

Try it............it works. Good luck... :D

:hmm: bedroom action works a treat :icon_redface::thumbs:

You must be tired then cause it doesn't look like you've been to yer bedroom in years ya fat ride............. :laugh:

dont jog....RUN.

Jogging is easy and once you find your comfort zone you could do it all day.

Best thing i found is interval training. A quick mile jog to warm up, then run hard for 2 mins or so then a rest period/ slow jog for 30 secs to a minute then back to the 2 min hard run. Do this a few times then warm down with another jog for a mile or so.

Thats what i do for my boxing training.

If you live near a beach aswell like i do, do the above but on the hard running sessions sprint like feck up any steps going up the cliff side.

The key is to really push yourself until the point where you literally think you are gunna die......then a little bit more!

Edited by OldNog
  • Like 1

Speeding up the weight loss normally results in faster weight gain once the diet finishes. Slow is better, as the weight loss will be more sustainable, and you would end up with large amounts of excess skin. For weight loss, don't bother with any of these shakes, protein supplements etc, purely a waste of money in my opinion.

As redcharge says, eat less, move more. Think of it as a bowl of water. Every time you eat, more water goes into the bowl. Every time you work out, water is taken out of the bowl. If you are taking more out than you are putting in, then weight will decrease. If you are putting more in than you are taking out, then your weight will increase. Aerobic exercise is best for weight loss, and improving cardio vascular fitness. Eating small amounts of food regularly will also help, by keeping your metabolism at a high level.

By aerobic exercise I don't mean getting on your leg warmers and leotard for a session in the village hall. Any exercise over 45mins where you get a bit of a sweat on and feel out of breath will do. Running, swimming, cross trainer, riding, digging all count. Swimming and cross trainer are very good as they work the whole body but are pretty impact free, reducing damage on joints. At the end of the week you should feel a bit sore in your muscles, but not in pain.

Also make sure that you warm up and stretch, then exercise, warm down and stretch. The MOD website has some good fitness training programmes. I'm sure a search with google will reveal many more. However, these things take time, and as you begin to lose weight and improve your fitness, the rate will decrease.

For motivation I suggest lots of small goals, with a big goal at the end. Weekly weigh ins/ body measuring can be helpful for monitoring progress, but it is easy to get disheartened if you don't progress every week. Therefore, a large long term goal is required to help cope with these set backs. My ex-girlfriend bought a dress which she liked, but did so several sizes too small. Another good trick is to put a photo of how you have looked in the past (and want to look again) on the fridge. I found this really helpful to discourage snacking.

Good luck, and keep us informed on your progress

Ug

• Like 2

please bare in mind that 2-3lbs a week is the recomended amount of weight to loose in a week. If you loose to much to quick (not to mention the health implications) your motabalisim slows right down which means that once you stop your crash diet and go back on to a normal 2000 calrorie per day diet the slightest indulegence goes straight to your ass

Its an impossible question to answer without knowing a lot more,weight loss will be different for everybody dependant on a lot of factors....age/build/diet/work/rest....you might just have a slower metabolism......dont really know why your taking protein shakes :blink: ....supplements are just that,they supplement the diet they dont replace it.

The fella above said " eat less,move more "....and without overcomplicating things that is the basics to weight loss....if you are using more calories than you are consuming,the laws of nature say you have to lose weight.

7lb in a month is fine and perfectly normal for most people actively trying to lose weight.

:hmm: bedroom action works a treat :icon_redface::thumbs:

a 2 minute workout?? :whistling::laugh:

FFS collie/grey i never knew you knew Tramp1 as well.......................... :laugh: