hares

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS NOT A BIG SCORE I KNOW BUT IT WAS DONE VERYY QUIKLY, HAD 3 OUT OF 3 WITH VISA 2 OF 1 SLIP. ALSO SALLY GOT ONE. SO 4 IN TOTAL IN 45 MINS IN DECEMBER 2003 ON FLAT LAND..

I THEN HAD TO GET BACK TO THE MOTOR WITH THESE 4 BIG OLD HARES IN MY COAT WITHOUT GETTING MY COLLER FELT :ph34r:

Guest sushie

3 out of 6 daytime, but to be honest the dogs we used on hares struggled to catch in the day! We used to get more enjoyment from the run than the catch! ;);):D Also,this is a good post! but get ready for the bullshi*ers! :p:p:p

My personal best has been 6 out of 6 and that was in North Lincs in January. Got some stick from the lads they said i was strutting about like a Fighting cock :laugh::laugh:

A good friend did 7 from 7 in a day with a old dog of his some years back. He ran 5 while on the land and then spotted the other two from the road when driving back. The dog was a real plodder and he said the last run was like watching something in slow motion.

If i remeber correct i say a piece in an old EDRD about a dogs called 'Scouser' that had supposed to have caught 9 in hares in a day ??? Maybe one of you fella's know some more about the dog ??

All the best Tommy ;);)

Guest Top Chalker
are they them little white things, not the brown .

Ikilled 15 out 16 of the white ones with a 13 month pup , if u have quick dog they snap them up

are they them little white things, not the brown .

Ikilled 15 out 16 of the white ones with a 13 month pup , if u have quick dog they snap them up

Back in the 70s I used to course hares on Sunderland Airfeild, (remember that place, Hylts ? ), any way, coming back from there one night, I happened to shine the lamp over the Nissan sports feild, I couldn't beleive my eyes!!! Hares all over the place. There was only one hole in the fence where they could get into/ out of, so i tyed my fell terrier to the hole in the fence and let the little old lurcher bitch into the feild; the one and only time I have ever taken 3 out of 3, totally unsporting but what the hell, she was absolutly knackered but would still have tried for her fourth, but I decided that was enough and went into the "horse shoes" next door for a pint. Next night I took my brother with his racing whippet there, it had never caught owt in it's life, (or won a race, for that matter !!), but it still took a hare. Point being; if some one says they have taken 12 from 12, perhaps the have, but in what circumstances ?

Cheers.

the dog scouser apparentley killed 9 , but ive been on the land with the lad who owned it, and there not the hardest hare in the world to kill, quite easy really but its still a very good catch

Back in the 70s I used to course hares on Sunderland Airfeild, (remember that place, Hylts ? ), any way, coming back from there one night, I happened to shine the lamp over the Nissan sports feild, I couldn't beleive my eyes!!! Hares all over the place. There was only one hole in the fence where they could get into/ out of, so i tyed my fell terrier to the hole in the fence and let the little old lurcher bitch into the feild; the one and only time I have ever taken 3 out of 3, totally unsporting but what the hell, she was absolutly knackered but would still have tried for her fourth, but I decided that was enough and went into the "horse shoes" next door for a pint. Next night I took my brother with his racing whippet there, it had never caught owt in it's life, (or won a race, for that matter !!), but it still took a hare. Point being; if some one says they have taken 12 from 12, perhaps the have, but in what circumstances ?

Cheers.

Yeah mate,should have re-named it sunderland "Harefields" ;)