HATTON V PACMAN

Ive always maintaned on this site that theres some very good boxers around and then theres a few geniune world class fighters.....Ricky fought the latter in Pacquiao just as he did with Mayweather before,Good fighters like Hatton have always a wee chance on their day but 9 times out of 10 true class will always come out on top in these fights.....but hey,i can only take my hat off to Ricky for fighting the class acts out there,instead of eyeing up these fights when the classy acts are all but finished in the ring to go on and become that old chesnut...a legend :blink:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after watching the build up to the fight on sky etc,it looks like ricky will be half a stone heavier on the night.now will rickys size,power be enough to counter pacmans speed,footwork.think its goona be apainful night for both fighters.

should be a good match up !!

More like a stone by the time they step in the ring....and a 14 lb advantage at light welterweight is a serious advantage !....paquiao will hardly cut weight at all whereas hatton will more than likely rehydrate between 10 and 14 lb after the weigh in.....couple that with the fact that hatton is a natural light welter and paquiao is a natural super feather maybe lightweight..............and it all points to one outcome.

and what outcomes that gnasher? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

[quote name='trader' date='May 3 2009, 07:28 AM' post='1036600

and what outcomes that gnasher? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The outcome ive been telling people for years...hatton IS NOT and never was a boxing superstar.....he was a self promoted star built up on finished world champions who when matched in top class was way out of his league........IF he was the star he thought he was,the bigger man ( the legend ) :clapper: would have won.............think you missed the point of my post mate....most english folk love hatton because of this likeable lad nonsense,i judge a fighter on his achievements and ability,hence i never was a fan of hatton....he had manufactured fights against manufactured opponents.....a huge following wont win fights....hopefully this will now put an end to this bullshit that comes out of hattons mouth every time a camera is in front of him......the yanks must be laughing their socks off at us english,and its not nice.

edited to add......if billy graham wasnt such a genuine and decent man he would probably be sitting pissing himself about now at hattons decision to sling him out and replace him with the fantastic mayweather.................but thats all forgotten because hatton is such a great guy,one of the lads....

theres a reason fighters have 20 and 30 year experienced managers/promoters etc to advise them....but little wicky and his dad knew it all :doh:

Edited by gnasher16
after watching the build up to the fight on sky etc,it looks like ricky will be half a stone heavier on the night.now will rickys size,power be enough to counter pacmans speed,footwork.think its goona be apainful night for both fighters.

should be a good match up !!

More like a stone by the time they step in the ring....and a 14 lb advantage at light welterweight is a serious advantage !....paquiao will hardly cut weight at all whereas hatton will more than likely rehydrate between 10 and 14 lb after the weigh in.....couple that with the fact that hatton is a natural light welter and paquiao is a natural super feather maybe lightweight..............and it all points to one outcome.

i didnt miss your point, you said after your weight/rehydrate analysis that " it all points to one outcome" best get ya coat :laugh::laugh::laugh:

gnasher do you reckon cost zuis was washed up when hatton fought him? .at the end of the day hatton is extremly likable and you can relate well to him as hes just like a normal bloke.hes a very face on fighter who isnt a counter puncher ,so the step up in class has told, because the speed,accuracy and power are all more than hatton has got .

That punch was the best one punch knock out ive seen since the tyson era.

well one thing hatton hasnt got is a lack off heart he hasnt avoided anyone some fights were well thought out but arnt all pros destined for taylor made fights to get the to the point in there career were they can command the big money ,because at the end of the day its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. and hes just had a massive payday unfortunately i think it will be his last though.

gnasher do you reckon cost zuis was washed up when hatton fought him? .at the end of the day hatton is extremly likable and you can relate well to him as hes just like a normal bloke.hes a very face on fighter who isnt a counter puncher ,so the step up in class has told, because the speed,accuracy and power are all more than hatton has got .

well one thing hatton hasnt got is a lack off heart he hasnt avoided anyone some fights were well thought out but arnt all pros destined for taylor made fights to get the to the point in there career were they can command the big money ,because at the end of the day its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. and hes just had a massive payday unfortunately i think it will be his last though.

Spot on, ;)

hatton has been one of britains best and most entertaing fighters with fantastic combinations and one of the best body shot fighters out there,hes made himself accessable to the british public,let them in his house and been a great asset to the british fight fans whom have enjoyed his aggressive style, hes fought 2 of the best fighters on the planet whom would dominate in any era the few people who cant see that hes been a great fighter, the likes of gnasher dont and wont ever understand boxing :thumbs: trader

hatton has been one of britains best and most entertaing fighters with fantastic combinations and one of the best body shot fighters out there,hes made himself accessable to the british public,let them in his house and been a great asset to the british fight fans whom have enjoyed his aggressive style, hes fought 2 of the best fighters on the planet whom would dominate in any era the few people who cant see that hes been a great fighter, the likes of gnasher dont and wont ever understand boxing :thumbs: trader

Wont ever understand boxing :D good one.....i could drop a few hints and a few names but im not of that and will remain a non understander in your eyes ;) .........theres a few knowledgable boxing lads on here who i share the odd opinion with sometimes we agree sometimes we dont......but they know my views on hatton and would have understood my post when saying how could hatton lose this fight........however the likes of mr.trader who has clearly been there and done it for many years and mixed in good company i will bow to their superior knowledge.

LIke i said before,as regards ricky hatton a lot of people cottoned on to him a long time ago.....some people havent and wont......but maybe thats the difference between fight fans and showbiz personality fans who see no wrong in their idols who are such " nice guys " :doh:

Edited by gnasher16

Yes without doubt kostya tszu was washed up.....he never fought again afterwards nor did castillo....kind of tells its own story........as for " at the end of the day hatton is an extremely likeable bloke "....so what...is that like a consolation prize to not being a legend in the ring ?.....

Everyone sees things different ways mate,personally ive always felt hatton was a very overated fighter who sold himself to a gullible general public....but i might be wrong i usually am :thumbs:

Wont ever understand boxing :D good one.....i could drop a few hints and a few names but im not of that and will remain a non understander in your eyes ;) .........theres a few knowledgable boxing lads on here who i share the odd opinion with sometimes we agree sometimes we dont......but they know my views on hatton and would have understood my post when saying how could hatton lose this fight........however the likes of mr.trader who has clearly been there and done it for many years and mixed in good company i will bow to their superior knowledge.

LIke i said before,as regards ricky hatton a lot of people cottoned on to him a long time ago.....some people havent and wont......but maybe thats the difference between fight fans and showbiz personality fans who see no wrong in their idols who are such " nice guys " :doh:

i have always rated him as a good brit fighter ,as you can see from what i put in my first post i thought he was out of his league,un like YOU who thought he would win :laugh: but there you go, atleast you are bowing to my superior knowledge :drink: you are right there is some good fight fans on here unfortnatly no-one agrees with your opinions on anything boxing related on here,the british/world boxing press etc etc anyway fights over were move on and look forward to many more fights :boxing::boxing:

g16 no its not a consillation prize but it was part of the draw of the man,which was the point i was making as he took so many fans and generated so much interest the enevitable big fights followed i never said he was world class or a pound for pound great ,he stepped up to the big big ppv fights twice and lost both(but got paid a fortune in the process) i think this was a great bit of managmment as he couldnt lose either way (moneywise)

but lets face facts he didnt have the speed,accuracey or power to stand with those guys it was a different class.

oh and i thought you were insinuating hatton was going to win also but back tracked when he lost ,i may of read this wrong ..

Ricky broke the golden rule of boxing , defend your self at all times, i still can not

believe Ricky's naivety going in with both hands down , great fighters adapt Ricky

could not adapt this cost him , paccy and his team done there home work, he went in to

take out hatton in the first 5 rounds all his birthdays came at once when hatton came at him

hands down , the game plan was to take it easy let paccy come on and use the wight advantage

it would have told in the later rounds, who knows we never will, old Charley Atkinson told me

British boxers ain't hungry , try growing up in the Philippines or panama city thats what make

these men hungry and a different class . Ricky will be sitting on his own in a crowded room

thinking what might of been , boxing is tuff in more ways than one, the decisions are made

who to fight by your manager , the coach dose his home work and try to make the boxer adapt to

suit or change his style some were between the changing room and the ring Ricky made a decision

one that he will remember for the rest of his life ,

[quote name='trader' date='May 3 2009, 04:54 PM' post='1037160'

i have always rated him as a good brit fighter ,as you can see from what i put in my first post i thought he was out of his league,un like YOU who thought he would win :laugh: but there you go, atleast you are bowing to my superior knowledge :drink: you are right there is some good fight fans on here unfortnatly no-one agrees with your opinions on anything boxing related on here,the british/world boxing press etc etc anyway fights over were move on and look forward to many more fights :boxing::boxing:

Whats unfortunate,nothing for me.....personally i dont write my boxing related thoughts on here to get a pat on the back and have folk agree with me....i couldnt give a bollock if someone agrees or not i simply say what i feel as does the next man yourself included mr trader and i respect your opinion as i do anyone elses thats why i enjoy a debate on a subject thats of great interest to me.....some folk get all hot under the collar but to me its just a debate no right no wrong i dont get a big hard on if someone agrees with me....do you ?.....

If you read my earlier post you will note i did say hatton SHOULD beat pacquiao not he will.....ive never liked hatton as a boxer but always wanted him to win fights because he is english nothing more nothing less.....the fact i said he should beat pacquiao was a downer on hatton....its like saying chelsea should beat stockport...and if they dont it looks even worse on chelsea !

As a few chaps on here know i have a few friends/aquaintances in the british boxing scene and the odd tip or bit of info naturally comes my way occasionally and im happy to share that with my fellow man with a common interest....but mr trader i will be so glad in future to rely on your superior knowledge and information,theres a good lad :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16