why has she stoped

i got a lakeland bitch 16month old started showing her foxes at aboult 11 months old she was so keen on going to ground to get to her quarry she worked well for aboult 3 months then i took her out 1 day and she would not go to ground i knew their was a fox at home because my experience dog was pulling down . the only time the bitch wants to get involved now is at the end of a dig has any 1 else had this problem any suggestions . :icon_eek:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jt750

11 months old ...too much too soon methinks...Give her a long rest from fox and try her again next year she might forget what put her off but likely hood is she'll not go to ground again in a hurry

sounds like she knows what life is like underground and its not for her, IMO leaving her a year probably wont make any difference.she doesnt want it by the sound of things, i think you will have the same problem when ever you decide to take her back out. it doesnt look good mate.

One question, does she still have a go at the end of a dig or hold off yapping?
soon as i show her somethink like at the end of a dig she wont stand off baying she steams straight in and wont let go till its dead .
sounds like she knows what life is like underground and its not for her, IMO leaving her a year probably wont make any difference.she doesnt want it by the sound of things, i think you will have the same problem when ever you decide to take her back out. it doesnt look good mate.

:clapper::clapper: