Shot gun licence

Convictions count, even spent convictions need to be declared and will be taken into consideration.

A conviction for violence in the recent past would make it highly unlikely that your application would be considered.

what about if it was over 20yrs ago? for an F.A.C

regards

davy

Davy

All convictions MUST be declared on the forms, even daft 30mph speeding convictions, one thing that will count against you is NOT declaring all convictions...they do check...they also do a criminal records check on the people you use for references!! The police still look at this in a sensible way, they understand the "exuberance" :whistling::whistling: of youth and if you have been clean for a sensible amount of time the odds are everything will be fine. :thumbs:

Not necessarily so for a teenager applying for an FAC with an ABH conviction a year back though!! :hmm::hmm:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Convictions count, even spent convictions need to be declared and will be taken into consideration.

A conviction for violence in the recent past would make it highly unlikely that your application would be considered.

what about if it was over 20yrs ago? for an F.A.C

regards

davy

ive just applied for my sgc, i had over 30 offences mainly for fighting when i was younger, my last conviction was in 1984, i spent time in prison on 4 occasions but no longer than 15 months, the firearms officer came round met me had a good chat and went through my history with me , his words were your offences were over 20 years ago, youve stayed out of trouble and led a productive family life and said hed fight my corner for my sgc, but he said shit sticks mate whether its spent or not

why are you waiting until august ? there is no minimum age for a shotgun license

yes there is a minimum age for a shotgun licence actually the minimum age limmit is 11 so dont lisen to him he dont know jank mate

NO there is NOT a minimal age for a SGC. Dont spread shit about the laws unless you are sure about them.

More like dont listen to You. Make sure you know the law before you go saying stuff about it, you could get some one in trouble

cheers whippeter69 ,will you be my wingman ? i express my views on here without predjudice,just trying to help,then you get the likes of CZ452American who A) cant use spellchecker and B) cant use Google, whos Andyy gonna listen to now ?

I see your not sorry about assaulting some poor sod whats money got to do with bad behaviour lifts to school whats that got to do with bad behaviour when I was a kid I walked 4 miles to school my parents had no money but I knew the differance between right and wrong and I didnt go around commiting acts of ABH

You claim to learn by your mistakes what have you done about it??

How many hours of voluntary work do you do when did you last help anyone??

You are clearly not mature enough to have a licence let alone a gun

You obviously live in a dream world. It dosent take much to get done for ABH. You can sit on your high horse but you dont even know the cicrumstances of what happened. I often see some of the older blokes criticising younger people for having brushes with the law normally to do with fighting. I can garauntee you that when the same people were young lads they had plenty of fights. The society we live in now is all to happy to prosecute people and give them all that councelling rubbish. Young lads fight, allways has happened and it always will.

thanks, i meen what elce am i suppost to do when a 22 year old tries to steal your mobile phone and money? offer him your shoes aswell,

Whats the chance of me getting a FAC. I served time in prison 15yrs ago as a 19yr old? I have been out of trouble since.

i got mine after 16yrs being clean and served prison sentence's many times .first i applied for sgc cops refused me so i appealed to crown court and won my case then applied for my fac after 8mths now have 22rimmi 17hmr 222bsa and a 243 remmington .

O and haveing your cert's doe's keep you very tame trust me . if i lost my case cops were seeking £1300 for there cost's .but i couldnt claim my loss of earnings against them

Andyy.

On balance what is done is done and at the time in your mind for good reason.

You have a conviction period thats with you:

This exchange should give you a broad broad concerning the law and what you are facing should you apply off the cuff and without prior preparation. I would say that that may have been the cause of your conviction [not planning] ( not judging by the way ):

Do yourself a favor.. Read the HO Guidelines for Police on the issuance of firearms.. You will get this off the internet for nothing. Read and understand what is relevant to you. Pick up the phone and talk to your local firearms officer about it, and discuss in terms of demonstrating responsibility, and our desire to safely own and operate a shotgun for the purpoes laid in the guidance:

Frankly we dont want, and the police dont want a chap out there what goes off like hot ammo in the sun, with a weapon.. ABH is what is currently written about you , and that is all they will see unless you do something about it.

Demonsration may be the fact you shoot for a club on a regular basis and they mentor you, and can say after a few years that, yes you demonstrate responsibility and sound gun safety, good shot .. that will count for you.

Either way, Its be drummed into me many times when dealing with firearms law, that you chat by phone, and you discuss by letter. The Police typically, say one thing and will write others.. Better the letter then you have your facts - Black and White.. and will avoid speculation as to what may or may not be applicable in your case

Personally, believe you need to do a bit of growing up, ABH and young, not good ... You're 'an angry young man': get and demonstrate maturity through mentoring. You'll get a lot more out of it and peolpe will see you are serious about changing your past.

Good luck either way.

Guest busterdog
i think you should apply as well just send your form an cash in if you get it great if you dont youll not have lost any thing youll get your money back an it does tend to calm you down a bit ,i know loads o guys that will walk away now theve got there tickets where as before the alamo springs to mind,good luck

so bacicly i could apply tomorrow as long as it's in a parants house and have parents consent?

*edit* and does that apply for the UK?

Crac on and apply mate as somone has already sayed you get money back anyway "nothing ventured nothing gained". It also helps if you do home work get all your permision wrote down to show them your not just applying on a whim. I also no of people who have got terrible records and have still got sgc and fac !! and before the jokers start that list includes ME. dont lose heart mate keep your nose clean dont bullshit on your applicatoin and no hiding anything and see how it goes,best of luck and if not succesfull dont give up apeal or keep your nose clean and reaply next year.

in my younger days i got nicked and sent to prison for fighting on a few occasions but it turns out that being out of trouble with the police since 1984 isnt enough to satisfy the police, ive had 2 meets with the firearms officer in the last week, the first meeting he said he cant see any problems then he comes back saying the police are showing concern over family members and known assosiates even though i dont have anything to do with these people apart from my father who in his day was a bit of a rascal but is now in his 70s and has dementia so things aint always cut and dried you could have an unblemished history but if you know the wrong people you could also be refused

• 2 weeks later...

crack on and try bud. i know of a chap who got a ABH conviction while he had his FAC and SGC and dint lose eather. the police belived after a few meetings that he was a safe person no other convictions and that any normal person would have lashed out in the situation he was in (we all hate antis)

so what would i have to do to get a licence for a gun such as the 17hmr ect ect im 16 but i dont think you can own a rimfire at this age can you

NO HELP THEN LOL............TL

Lol GOOD ONE

You ask for help , then you make an angry post an hour later because noones had time to reply yet .

PFFFFF

Dont Bother Applying :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

ATB

Edited by elvolcan