Shot gun licence

hello, im planing on attempting to get my licence pretty soon after my birthday in augast, only problem is i have a conviction, i was 15 at the time of the offence of Actual Body Harm ( ABH ) but 16 at the time of conviction, i got 180 hour of comunaty service for the offence, now, would this in anyway affect my plans? i was hoping to start the much needed preporation soon, but if its going to affect it, i will have to wait a while i suppose?

Thanks Andyy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, im planing on attempting to get my licence pretty soon after my birthday in augast, only problem is i have a conviction, i was 15 at the time of the offence of Actual Body Harm ( ABH ) but 16 at the time of conviction, i got 180 hour of comunaty service for the offence, now, would this in anyway affect my plans? i was hoping to start the much needed preporation soon, but if its going to affect it, i will have to wait a while i suppose?

Thanks Andyy

A criminal record is a criminal record I doubt very much they will consider it particularly as it was a violent crime, particularly when you consider your age also.

okay i think rathr than makeing the preporations, i will wait till i turn 18 and give them a call like you said, and then if it sound's good i will just have to wait till the preporations have been made, thank you very much guys, much appreciated :)

Andyy

okay i think rathr than makeing the preporations, i will wait till i turn 18 and give them a call like you said, and then if it sound's good i will just have to wait till the preporations have been made, thank you very much guys, much appreciated :)

Andyy

Good luck anyway ! Worse case is you have a gun on someone elses license and kept in their gun cabinet and go out with them shooting. Better than no shooting at all!

i would apply for the cert with the make and number to follow, get a bill of sale from a RFD and put the application in. It would be easy for a firearms officer to simply say "dont bother" but possibly if you go ahead and make your application you might get lucky.

A friend was telling me recently that he was thinking of applying for a FAC as his uncle had been given a FAC and he has a conviction for Armed robbery :o , my friend never applied for a shotgun as he thought it was waste of time given his record etc. I dont think there would be enough space on the form to detail his convictions.

keith

why are you waiting until august ? there is no minimum age for a shotgun license

There is if you are applying without your parents consent. You cant buy a gun or cartridges until 17, but he can have a gun gifted to him if he has a licence under the age of 17.

Otherwise a 10 year old could apply for a licence and buy a gun without telling Mum!

At 17 you can apply for a licence and keep at your parents (or any) home with their permission, unless you have your own property. You can then also buy, swap and sell guns on that licence.

good luck with your application i find having a certificate keeps you on the straight and narrow as if there is a fight in town you wouldnt think twice bout jumping in but if you have a certificate you think.. hang on if i get caught its gone... thats the way i look at it anyway :D

cheers

i think you should apply as well just send your form an cash in if you get it great if you dont youll not have lost any thing youll get your money back an it does tend to calm you down a bit ,i know loads o guys that will walk away now theve got there tickets where as before the alamo springs to mind,good luck

i think you should apply as well just send your form an cash in if you get it great if you dont youll not have lost any thing youll get your money back an it does tend to calm you down a bit ,i know loads o guys that will walk away now theve got there tickets where as before the alamo springs to mind,good luck

so bacicly i could apply tomorrow as long as it's in a parants house and have parents consent?

*edit* and does that apply for the UK?

Edited by Andyy