Anyone play guitar?

I think the best advice for anyone wanting to learn is to take things easy. Start slowly and learn the easier stuff first,there are songs that only use 2 or 3 chords. Learn them first,its a good feeling when you learn your first song.

Also dont be put off thinking learning guitar is too hard,its not.

Dont fool yourself into thinking you will be the next Clapton,Satriani,slash within a few weeks,you wont be. But, its within most peoples grasp to be able to play a few songs within the first month or so.

My son wasnt too interested in learning until he realised that women seem to be impressed by guitar players at parties and such like :whistling: Hes a bit of a demon with an axe now :notworthy:

Why do women find me attractive when im playing guitar but vanish once i put it down? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Donk you look almost as old as me...lol as for 3 chords Quo carved out a careers for themselves based on 3....I've been fooling myself for years that I would be the next Jimmy paige or Richie Blackmore....I think the spandex put the women of though

Undi. Im 45 so im cracking on a bit i guess. :whistling: Yeah i tried to kid myself that i was going to be the next guitar virtuoso,soon realised i dont have the speed or the dexterity to achieve that level.

Ive also found that although people are impressed by fast guitar playing that it gets a bit boring for them after the first few songs,too self indulgent methinks?

People like to hear popular bouncy,dancey sing a long types of songs,something they can get involved in? Or something they can chill to after a smoke :icon_eek:

Quo? Millionaires on 3 or 4 chords !!!!!!!!! makes you think dont it? :victory:

It's not called guitar wanking for nowt mate....I often jam with my boy and get more enjoyment out of that!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's young mate and can always go back to it!

I hope so mate :thumbs:. the wife brought me the Guitar a few years back with a 50Watt Amp after I disalusioned myself I could be the next Angus Young :whistling:, I kept at it for a good week and managed a small ditty "Smoke On Water" but that was about it! everytime I picked the guitar up everyone left the room so I finaly took the hint and gave it to my lad who played it endlessly back then.

Its funny how as parents we forget how we was when we was young! He now thinks I'm moaning at him with just the slightest mention of the Guitar, I was exactly the same with my old man or woman back then.......

Jasper

• 6 months later...
Guest lurchers&terriers

this is what im getting as a gift in 2 weeks. i cant wait. iv been playing the guitar for many years now. i had a brake there because we hit hard times. My mrs bought me a strat coppy and a lovely acoustic a few months back and im loving it dave gilmour is my hero.

gibsonsgstandard.th.jpg

My lad started about two years ago. He built this himself from an old kitchen worktop and old neck donated bt the local music shop. The only thing he had to pay for were the bridge, screws and jack plug.

He also managed to save up to buy a Gibson Les Paul. I just wish he'd show as much enthusiasm for his school work!

The bonus is he's playing proper stuff like Led Zep, Chillies and Lynryd Skynyrd

Swampy

Old time ning

post-29203-1256808916_thumb.jpg

Was in Wales last week. Thought I'd catch a few local bans out. After all you can't beat live music.

This guy was awesome. His version of Banjo Duel.....he just made it his own!

Swampy

disturbed ning

PS Sorry malt

post-29203-1256809335.jpg

Edited by Swampy

Iv been playing for a few years now and can hardly move in my room for guitars! My first like many was a fender strat. Iv also got a Dean Dime Baby from hell :rocker: and a Jackson Rhandy Rhoads (very similar to the one in Donks photo of his boy except mines red and one side of the 'v' is longer than the other) I also played a bit of bass but that got boring very quickly and it collects dust in the corner lol its a BC Rich copy by Stagg.

ATB

Jordan

I think the best advice for anyone wanting to learn is to take things easy. Start slowly and learn the easier stuff first,there are songs that only use 2 or 3 chords. Learn them first,its a good feeling when you learn your first song.

Also dont be put off thinking learning guitar is too hard,its not.

Dont fool yourself into thinking you will be the next Clapton,Satriani,slash within a few weeks,you wont be. But, its within most peoples grasp to be able to play a few songs within the first month or so.

My son wasnt too interested in learning until he realised that women seem to be impressed by guitar players at parties and such like :whistling: Hes a bit of a demon with an axe now :notworthy:

Why do women find me attractive when im playing guitar but vanish once i put it down? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe its the big pot belly hiding behind the guitar :clapper:;) . my uncle plays in a band theve gotten quite far as for recording and all that but a few weeks ago he had 15 grands worth of guitars and amps stolen from his house and he only managed to get one back which he found on a auction site in america :blink: .

Richard

I can play on Guitar Hero if that counts! :whistling:

Was in Wales last week. Thought I'd catch a few local bans out. After all you can't beat live music.

Swampy

disturbed ning

PS Sorry malt

You met my uncles Dai & Llyr then Swamps? :laugh:

I can play on Guitar Hero if that counts! :whistling:

Swampy

disturbed ning

PS Sorry malt

You met my uncles Dai & Llyr then Swamps? :laugh:

They told me they were husband and wife!!!!! (and brother and sister)

rgds

Swampy

incestuous ning

I play guitar and bass, have owned loads over the last 20 odd years, current arsenal is:

1991 Charvel fusion 4 bass

1991 Charvel fusion 5 bass

1984 Aria pro 11 sb r80 bass

Jackson warrior wrxt guitar

Schecter diamond series limited 12 string semi acoustic

Old balalaika

Aria acoustic bass

Play in bands, write all my own music, in the studio at the start of next year to record an acoustic ep, some songs will be in the welsh language.