Net Bag/Game Bag

Hello folks, i'm thinking about buying a new bag for carrying my nets and possibly (if the bag is big enough) any rabbits i get.

I've got an old game bag which is big enough for about 20 - 30 nets but nothing else and my mates got a hawking vest which has a pouch on the back big enough for about 5 rabbits.

What do people on here use?

I use a game bag with a partion at the back i can get thirty nets in and two pockets at the front one for the locator and one for the flask get about ten rabbits in it after that hock them onto a pursenet

I keep the nets tied up in a small hessian sack inside a normal rucksac.

I pick up a length of hazel stick and thread my legged rabbits onto that which can be thrown away afterwards.

I don't go in for gadgets! ;)

ooo snap mate. Just the same as what i do ;)

Doesnt have to be hazel though. As long as its not rotton through, or about a millimeter thick, any stick should do it lol ;)

I use old army Haversacks for everything. One for my sea fishing bag, one for my Shotgun Cartridges and another for my nets.

A Decent sized one costs a fiver from an army surplus store, lasts forever and will fit in 25 large hemp nets, a flask, saw, a knife and other odds and sods. You can either leg the rabbits on to the shoulder strap of the bag, or use a stick as described in earlier posts.

I also carry an old plastic tray from safeway - like you would get vegetables presented on in the shop. That sits in my car to put the game in at the end of the day. (Obviously if you catch more than a dozen rabbits in an outing then you may need more that one!!)

One of my mates who sometimes comes out with me carries a game bag. It works well for me, as he carries all the rabbits, I just carry the ferrets and nets! Result!!

:) Jim

Hello folks, i'm thinking about buying a new bag for carrying my nets and possibly (if the bag is big enough) any rabbits i get.

I've got an old game bag which is big enough for about 20 - 30 nets but nothing else and my mates got a hawking vest which has a pouch on the back big enough for about 5 rabbits.

What do people on here use?

i use a hawking vest mate cant beat them loadsa pockets for locater nets etc and a big game bag at the back for coney cheers tommy

I keep the nets tied up in a small hessian sack inside a normal rucksac.

I pick up a length of hazel stick and thread my legged rabbits onto that which can be thrown away afterwards.

I don't go in for gadgets! ;)

A bags hardly a gadet.. :blink: Messing about cutting hazel, leggin rabbits thats far more farting about.. How many rabbits you getting??? Would need some fecking stick up my way...

Any old bag will do as long as it carrys your catch a old scaby rucksake will do the job..

I use the bag in the picture, it takes about 30 nets, ferret finder + batteries, the rabbits get leged and put on the shovel or any old bit of branch, works well for me but does depend on the amount of rabbits you will be catching, the shovel has been good for 10, but gets a bit heavy after a couple of miles. ;)

post-13819-1235286068_thumb.jpg

Edited by Halfinch