Using a tall lean Staffy bull terrier for a running dog?

well i think she'd be good for it, shes a rast runner and turns pretty well..

how can i get into this sort of thing? most places with rabbits are well tree'd up and she gets caught in the shrubs

heres a pic of her

DSC02060.jpg

shes 19" ats and pretty lean, but like i say by the time we see the rabbit its gone into the thick bush or down its hole then my jack cross trys goin to ground but hes abit wide for it i think

DSC02061.jpg

any heads up on catching a few? dont wanna go all out just a bit of fun for the dog

would it be betterto go at night and lamp?

cheers martin

Guest Countryboyo
well i think she'd be good for it, shes a rast runner and turns pretty well..

how can i get into this sort of thing? most places with rabbits are well tree'd up and she gets caught in the shrubs

heres a pic of her

DSC02060.jpg

shes 19" ats and pretty lean, but like i say by the time we see the rabbit its gone into the thick bush or down its hole then my jack cross trys goin to ground but hes abit wide for it i think

DSC02061.jpg

any heads up on catching a few? dont wanna go all out just a bit of fun for the dog

would it be betterto go at night and lamp?

cheers martin

Well first of all martin I would take off the harness. Try her on the lamp, slip on a few rabbits in a more open field. If shes any good then maybe lamp something bigger. Have you any better photos of her?

Well first of all martin I would take off the harness. Try her on the lamp, slip on a few rabbits in a more open field. If shes any good then maybe lamp something bigger. Have you any better photos of her?

harness is only on for walkin in public.

got a few pics on my PB will look now

:yes::clapper: my terriers catch a few on the lamp and thats when i just take them 4 a walk at nite.

the time it is most likely 2 catch is when the quarry runs straight for the lamp and the closer it gets the more disorenetated it becomes and usually squats and the terriers home in.

u here so many things but its definatly worth a try!

good luck :clapper: