cheers poachers

sue

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tewkesferreter

section 1,abandonment of animals act 1960,

if a person having charge or control of any animal abandons it,permanantly or not,without reasonable cause or excuse,in circumstances likely to cause the animal any unnecessary suffering,he is guilty of a cruelty offence within the terms of section 1 of the protection of animals act.

As the weather was rather nice today i decided to go ferreting today instead of tomorrow .I arrived just after 11 and I let the dogs have a little run about first to let of some steam,I picked up the ferrets and started off to catch up with the dogs who had gone ahead sniffing around ,when I caught up with them it was obvious someone had beat me to the rabbits there were signs that someone had been ferreting there :angry: .So with a temper rising I marched along the field down into the hollow where I know there are always rabbits ,to my shock 2 youths were there and one of them was digging :realmad: ,my gobby bedlington was going crazy barking at them at this point and when I appeared in view with the other dogs they decided to do a runner leaving behind 5 rabbits and 4 nets ,as I was picking up my freebees :D what comes toddling out of a hole but a lovely little albino jill a little thin but rather friendly ,So in the end not a bad day ,the little ferret has settled well into her new home and tucking into a huge fat pigeon for tea with her new mates

spoils of war

I can understand your frustration Sue of having"poachers" on your land.But i've done it in the past & the few times i've had me collar felt i never left my ferts underground.However i'm grown up now( :clapper: ) & would'nt poach i value my ferts too much.

It pisses me off when they leave the land in a state,litter,no backfilling but i'll see the landowner to make him aware of people coming on to the land & that keeps me in the clear :victory:

The jills got a better home so that's a good positive to come out of this :toast:

As the weather was rather nice today i decided to go ferreting today instead of tomorrow .I arrived just after 11 and I let the dogs have a little run about first to let of some steam,I picked up the ferrets and started off to catch up with the dogs who had gone ahead sniffing around ,when I caught up with them it was obvious someone had beat me to the rabbits there were signs that someone had been ferreting there :angry: .So with a temper rising I marched along the field down into the hollow where I know there are always rabbits ,to my shock 2 youths were there and one of them was digging :realmad: ,my gobby bedlington was going crazy barking at them at this point and when I appeared in view with the other dogs they decided to do a runner leaving behind 5 rabbits and 4 nets ,as I was picking up my freebees :D what comes toddling out of a hole but a lovely little albino jill a little thin but rather friendly ,So in the end not a bad day ,the little ferret has settled well into her new home and tucking into a huge fat pigeon for tea with her new mates

:icon_redface: come on now young lads what harm were they doing . :icon_redface:

:gunsmilie: there not out robbing old granys . :gunsmilie:

your right there they doing no harm at all just hunting rabbits like the rest of us do only they now not got a ferret or nets soome one has stolen them

:icon_redface: come on now young lads what harm were they doing . :icon_redface:

your right there they doing no harm at all just hunting rabbits like the rest of us do only they now not got a ferret or nets soome one has stolen them

noone stole it mate. Sue just picked up after them. We dont know the situation. If it was on a keepered estate or on a poultry type farm leaving someones ferret their could be a reall annoyance to the landowner. If we ever loose one we make sure someone is there all the time if there is poultry near by

:yes: youve heard the saying poacher turned keeper :yes:

they was trespassing on land ,they opted to abandon their ferret i did not steal it,there is a difference