Phobia's

My biggest phobia is spiders, not just the usual spider hate, when i see a spider i scream at first don't know why but always do and try and get someone to kill it, if no one can kill it i have to keep my eye on the spider to make sure i know where it is when it can be killed, if it disappers in a room i will not go in that room until it has been found and killed, it also scares the shit out of me if someone picks a spider up and walks near me, i un as fast as i can away from them until i know they have got rid of it. They send shivers up my spine just talking about them. I will even jump or scream if theres a spider suddenly on tv.

I also hate electricity pylons in fields and the wires attached. I cannot walk under the wires and definately can't look up at them, i have this imagination of the wires snapping and falling on me, then being electricuted. :icon_redface:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FECKIN SHARKS :thumbdown: , its if you were attacked on land, by man or beast you could fight back , with feet+fists or pick some thing up. But in the water, a shark can hit from any Angle, and you carnt see it most of the time. I am not a bad swimmer, went south Italy last year, went in the sea with the wife a couple of times, went out about 1/2 mile, but never really felt relaxed :thumbdown:

The only thing I have ever been frightened of in my life is "NEEDLES", it has affected me for over thirty years of my life now, and is a real pain.

I have avoided dentists (as some of you may already know), doctors, hospitals and anyone else that may want to poke me with one of the horrible implements.

I married a nurse and she calls me a big puff (6'4" and 16st(not her that is me)), she has offered to give me tetanus and extract blood, all to no avail.

I know in my head it will not hurt (much) but can still not abide any thing to do with them, the thought of it makes me want to run and hide! Yet I can kill things, gut them and eat them, have really nasty cuts and glue them together with super glue (rather than get it stitched), but can not even imagine someone sticking a needle in my arm!

I can not offer any rational explanation for this, apart from I will not allow anyone to stick any thing sharp into me!

There is only one good thing that I can see to this ..... " I would never be a junkie".

The term for my phobia is "Trypanophobia" it is the one and only thing that makes me shiver at the thought of it, I have no explanation of my irrational fear, but it really has affected my life.

This extract directly affecting me :

Resistive

Resistive Trypanophobia occurs when the underlying fear involves not simply needles or injections but also being controlled or restrained. It typically stems from repressive upbringing or poor handling of prior needle procedures i.e with forced physical or emotional restraint.

This form of trypanophobia affects around 20% of needle phobes. Symptoms of this form of trypanophobia include combativeness, high heart rate coupled with extremely high blood pressure, violent resistance, avoidance and flight.

The suggested treatment for this form of trypanophobia is psychotherapy, teaching the patient self-injection techniques or finding a trusted healthcare provider.

I recently went for a blood pressure test and blood test (its my age) I refused the blood test, and my blood pressure was sky high, booked for a retest (not an M.O.T) without blood test and my blood pressure was normal!

So come on what's your phobia folks? How has it affected your lives?

It really would be nice to hear if you had a phobia and managed to conquer it too.

Love "n" peas,

Gav.

Dont want to sound ignorant but WHAT THE F**K has this thread got to do with hunting?Do you have dogs,work dogs etc.There is too much Bullshite on this site and when Genuine lads/lasses put up pics of working stuff they get slated. :wallbash:
The only thing I have ever been frightened of in my life is "NEEDLES", it has affected me for over thirty years of my life now, and is a real pain.

I have avoided dentists (as some of you may already know), doctors, hospitals and anyone else that may want to poke me with one of the horrible implements.

I married a nurse and she calls me a big puff (6'4" and 16st(not her that is me)), she has offered to give me tetanus and extract blood, all to no avail.

I know in my head it will not hurt (much) but can still not abide any thing to do with them, the thought of it makes me want to run and hide! Yet I can kill things, gut them and eat them, have really nasty cuts and glue them together with super glue (rather than get it stitched), but can not even imagine someone sticking a needle in my arm!

I can not offer any rational explanation for this, apart from I will not allow anyone to stick any thing sharp into me!

There is only one good thing that I can see to this ..... " I would never be a junkie".

The term for my phobia is "Trypanophobia" it is the one and only thing that makes me shiver at the thought of it, I have no explanation of my irrational fear, but it really has affected my life.

Resistive

Resistive Trypanophobia occurs when the underlying fear involves not simply needles or injections but also being controlled or restrained. It typically stems from repressive upbringing or poor handling of prior needle procedures i.e with forced physical or emotional restraint.

This form of trypanophobia affects around 20% of needle phobes. Symptoms of this form of trypanophobia include combativeness, high heart rate coupled with extremely high blood pressure, violent resistance, avoidance and flight.

The suggested treatment for this form of trypanophobia is psychotherapy, teaching the patient self-injection techniques or finding a trusted healthcare provider.

I recently went for a blood pressure test and blood test (its my age) I refused the blood test, and my blood pressure was sky high, booked for a retest (not an M.O.T) without blood test and my blood pressure was normal!

It really would be nice to hear if you had a phobia and managed to conquer it too.

Love "n" peas,

Gav.

Dont want to sound ignorant but WHAT THE F**K has this thread got to do with hunting?Do you have dogs,work dogs etc.There is too much Bullshite on this site and when Genuine lads/lasses put up pics of working stuff they get slated. :wallbash:

General section is for general things, phobias is a general thing posted on the general section :tongue2:

Guest foxyjo.

Resistive

Love "n" peas,

Gav.

General section is for general things, phobias is a general thing posted on the general section :tongue2:

Quite. :tongue2::clapper:

Gav - sounds horrid. Have you thought about trying hypnosis? I don't have any REAL phobias, I don't like the spiders with the bodies like ticks - they do frighten me for some reason!! :icon_redface:

My Grandmother has a terrible fear of feathers. And this was one gutsy lady in her day - but show her a feather and she crumbles!! :blink:

Resistive

Love "n" peas,

Gav.

Is it not General things to do with hunting,fieldsports,fishing. etc??.Or maybe it should change its name to The Hunting Life and General Bullshit Website. My phobia would be people who dont contribute genuine threads regarding fieldsports on a hunting site.
Is it not General things to do with hunting,fieldsports,fishing. etc??.Or maybe it should change its name to The Hunting Life and General Bullshit Website. My phobia would be people who dont contribute genuine threads regarding fieldsports on a hunting site.

Seeing as you're on here, you seem to have a basic grasp of forums, so see the thread marked:

'General Talk'

Don't click on it if you don't want to read people talking about things in general, not just hunting.

Simple really. :thumbs: