kill it, cook it, eat it

Prob been said somewhere in this thread but have to add anyway.

Kill it Cook it Eat it

A fairly 'obvious' programme title I would think?

Why oh why would you invite a lifelong veggie and a animal rights activist to participate?

Surely just asking for trouble for hunting people.

I am all for trying to 'convert' people if poss but it was a non starter really!

Best format would have been to get meat eaters to have to do the 'tasks' to see if they could?

Quite ovvious to me that a veggie and anti were gonna cause problems!

Besides I have had enough of 'reality' TV it gets right up my nose!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prob been said somewhere in this thread but have to add anyway.

Kill it Cook it Eat it

A fairly 'obvious' programme title I would think?

Why oh why would you invite a lifelong veggie and a animal rights activist to participate?

Surely just asking for trouble for hunting people.

I am all for trying to 'convert' people if poss but it was a non starter really!

Best format would have been to get meat eaters to have to do the 'tasks' to see if they could?

Quite ovvious to me that a veggie and anti were gonna cause problems!

Besides I have had enough of 'reality' TV it gets right up my nose!

I agree with that part Mas, why on earth go on there if you have no intention of 'Killing, cooking or eating?' :hmm:

I will say that that blond girl on there struck a blow for hunters everywhere, buy showing up how ignorant some antis can be.

Even the animal rights girl accepted that rabbits need to be controlled, and that ferreting was a humane way of doing it, at the end. (Sort of! :laugh:)

You guys have seriously missed the point of inviting non-shooting, non-killing people to this programme.

We complain often that media coverage is biased against us. The broad inclusion of people gave a very, very balanced view of everything there. Each time there was a difference of views, both viewpoints were clearly communicated to the viewer.

I don't give a shit whether people are for or against hunting, what matters is simple - live and let live. I won't make them kill rabbits and eat them, if they will let me do it.

The ideas some people there had about how it's barbaric to enjoy killing were sufficiently challenged by other people on the programme, and that was a good thing.

Personally I didn't find the antis too annoying, just funny because they're talking such crap. What also made me laugh was the observation by the animal sanctuary woman that it was those who have nothing to do with animals that have the problem with killing and eating them, and that those who work with animals know the place of everything. She was dead right.

You guys have seriously missed the point of inviting non-shooting, non-killing people to this programme.

We complain often that media coverage is biased against us. The broad inclusion of people gave a very, very balanced view of everything there. Each time there was a difference of views, both viewpoints were clearly communicated to the viewer.

I don't give a shit whether people are for or against hunting, what matters is simple - live and let live. I won't make them kill rabbits and eat them, if they will let me do it.

The ideas some people there had about how it's barbaric to enjoy killing were sufficiently challenged by other people on the programme, and that was a good thing.

Personally I didn't find the antis too annoying, just funny because they're talking such crap. What also made me laugh was the observation by the animal sanctuary woman that it was those who have nothing to do with animals that have the problem with killing and eating them, and that those who work with animals know the place of everything. She was dead right.

Gotta agree logic the sanctury bird was spot on with most things she said.

The veggie should prob be in a f**king sanctury :D

Edited by masmiffy

there was a blond animal rights activist on the one about the mallard two nights ago who said she was simply there to argue her somewhat controversial case that noone ever needed to eat meet again. the only problem i have with that is that she was trying to preach her view and convince the rest of the group. she was also insistent that the killing of animals should not be done and in effect stuck a middle finger up to the gamekeeper and the people working on the estate. im more than happy to appreciate a persons view on anything as long as they dont preach it to me or tell me i cant do it. as mr logic said, 'live and let live'. fair enough saying that you're anti-shooting, not fair saying that noone should do it because its cruel and 'barbaric' (i shit you not im quoting).

its a necessity and in my view, that is the view that antis should appreciate from the shooting community.

one on grouse tonight as well. dont know what time

jack

The most significant aspect that Ive noticed is that the animal rights people who are present,who when questioned, cannot illustrate any valid views on why we should not eat/kill animals. only that it is cruel to do so ?

The prominent moment that drew my attention was when the animal rights activist could not come up with one valid explanation on how rabbits could be controlled without "killing them".

She just mumbled, and knew in her own heart that she did not have enough knowledge, understanding, or information on how the countryside operates to put up a valid argument. She was almost like a young child, just saying that it was cruel !!!

It is this lack of knowledge and understanding, and pure ignorance that is threating shooting and field sports as I am writing this.

The programme broadcast many differing reasons on why rabbits have to be controlled, and no valid arguments or suggestions on how to controll rabbits humanely were brought forward, simply because there arent any !!!!!!!!!

Each to their own, if someone wants to eat rabbit food all their life I wont ever patrinaise them, or bully them into eating meat !!

All I ask is that they respect other peoples differing opinions and realise that sometimes in order for us humans to survive we have to eat animals, and controll species that would eat our foodstocks.

I happen to enjoy being out in the countryside testing my skills against nature and yes, I do enjoy it very much as Not only am I having some great sport, but I am doing so in the knowledge that I am having a positive impact on the local environment and countryside in general.

I would like to see their faces if a warren suddenly appeared at the bottom of their vegitable garden, But hey, as the blonde girl said, it dosent matter as you can live on vitamins !!!! :D

I'll agree with that dixy :clapper: .... Carrot munchers, you will never change them...

watched it for the first time the other night (rabbits).

Thought it was pretty good. the dumb blonde probably did more for shooting than against it, she looked as thick as two short planks and it showed.

They have to have some antis on just to give a reasoned balance but on the whole , thought it was good.