does anyone use a laser?

hi everyone , was just wondering if anyof you use a laser. I am buying a lamping kit for when i go ratting then i dont have to lend ma friends but was also of thinking of buying a laser for the rats aswell as sometimes it takes a bit to long to get them in the scope.

Hughesey

"Lazers" are a joke on the whole..they travel in straight lines..your pellet does not...they are therefore only accurate at a known distance (like your scope)...if all your rats are at that distance then fine, but most tend to move a bit.

Most are only any use at very close range as well, beams on the cheaper ones are useless.....I struggle to find almost any situation where they are of any use...but hey...what do I know...

Red dot systems are the same....why????...just get an illuminated scope!!! :thumbs:

These two systems tend to blur together for most people and they don't know the difference....it doesn't matter...don't waste your time with either!!

:hmm::thumbs:

i have one on my stealth but i only use it to scare the ferral pigeon at work out of the shadows (they seem terrified of it!)

i work in a foundry with large, high bays and the pigeons get up in the rafters above the lights where it's difficult to see them but if i turn the lazer on them, it scares them out so that i can get a shot off :victory:

STEALTH3.jpg

john :)

that was the response i was kind of expecting deker lol. think ill give the laser a miss and maybe invest in a better silencer than my AA one. maybe a weiurach.

cheers

Good idea in my opinion, but i know someone will diagree with me on this but i would suggest you go with a logun silencer instead of the weiurach, someone i know had a weiurach where the pellet kept striking the baffles or whatever, in my opinion the logun is ever so slightly quieter, and if i remember rightly bit cheaper than the weiurach.

• 2 weeks later...

am after a silencer aswell. for my first gun which got off mate the otherday. dont really know anything about guns but hoping someone who knows can send me in the right direction. also would like some advice on getting a lamp for the gun. all I no the gun is a weinrauch 99 s

cheers

I have used Air Arms silencers on my S200 and S410 and found them to be very quiet.I also have a Brocock Hunter deluxe in .22 which I have a Logun QGS silencer on.It's whisper quiet,cost me £40 and is screws on and off which means its easier to fit the rifle into the slip.For the money I would recommend these silencers to anyone.