catching the unusual

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a farm one night to do some ratting and there were loads of pigeons roosting in the barns,we were lamping them and as they were flying over the terriers they were jumping up and catching them.It was great to watch and we caught more pigeons than we did rats that night.

Not strange but my mates new next door neigbour knocked on his door one day and said that she was sorry but her daughters pet rabbit had got under the fence could she pop in and get it. My mate said i hope not cos his lurcher was in the garden. By the time they got out there the rabbit was in bits and pieces being ragged by the dog.......

My whippet also caught a duck a while ago,the quacking drew a big dog fox straight to her so it was my bull x to the rescue.I once thought my lakie had caught a guinea pig but it was a large ,rather manky rat with no tail,she did however catch all my brothers guinea pigs and rabbits except for one which the lurchers ''flushed''.As for cats i ended up in court as a child with my old grey but i got off as they accepted that i had'nt encouraged the dog to kill them and he did great pr work for himself wandering amiably round the court

Guest anonymous

I don't know if you can call it caught but I once had a dog that went into a field full of Barley and came out again driving a tractor!!! If you think that's impressive, he drove it all the way home, cooked the supper and mowed the lawn. No wait, getting confused, that's what the dogs could do in the tales from the old poachers......... :icon_eek:

My beddy once retrieved a shocked looking but live pheasant in front of about 30 ramblers whilst out for a walk.I got some filthy looks and lots of tutting so I let it go.

but the best one was a terrier i had she shot though a hedge and came back with a porkpie and a bloke chasing her :clapper:

Guest greengrass123
My beddy once retrieved a shocked looking but live pheasant in front of about 30 ramblers whilst out for a walk.I got some filthy looks and lots of tutting so I let it go.

but the best one was a terrier i had she shot though a hedge and came back with a porkpie and a bloke chasing her :clapper:

My beddy lurcher once nabbed a peacock in front of about 10 people that took some explaining.