WHAT SHOULD I DO

Guest mickyrich
i could see the problem if i was on every other day kicking the woods out, shooting pheasants, pulling the deer, wiping the fox population out but i dont. i know for a fact somone could walk across the same land with 30 spanials and there would not be a problem.

get yourself some spaniels then are you female or mark brick by any chance

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its so easy for people to sit behind a pc screen and give out big advice...if you are on ground that you shouldnt be you are running the risk of getting your dog shot......we have all played the game and its the chance you take.....there are plenty of keepers round our way that have £5000 gen 3 scopes on there rifles for a reason.normally a keeper is judged by his season and by what you have said a bad season for this fella isnt going to get him the sack.........why dont you find some safer land to play on????

I think alot of keepers are just plain c**ts,, who have a problem with everything,, Trust me ive worked with one or two ;) Whats wrong with walking out for a bit of sport? I think a lot of keepers and shooting people just dont like lurchers,Simple as.

local keeper had a run in with a few travellers out for a few hares for the pot one morning,, The keeper regrets it now. ;)

:clapper: :clapper: in one LL, some of 'em think their God, I'd just ignore or call their bluff, feck 'em :drink:

NO EXACTLY WERE YOUR COMING FROM IVE GOT A WANNABE GAMEKEEPER LIVES NEAR ME WALKS AROUND WITH HIS 2 BLACK LABRADORS ALWAYS WERES A FLAT CAP ,MOST NIGHTS HES SHOOTING WITH HIS BULLET GUN OFF THE TOP OF AN OLD QAURRY INTO FEILDS WERE PEOPLE REGUALY WALK DOGS THROUGH DUE TO PUBLIC FOOTPATHS RIGHT THROUGH THE AREA ,THIS CHAP IS SERIOUSLY ANTI LURCHERS ON A FEW OCCAISIONS WILE OUT LAMPING HE AS DAZZLED ME WITH HIS LAMP SO I RETURN THE FAVOUR BLIND THE c**t ,ANYWAY I WAS WALKING MY LURCHERS LATE EVENING THIS CHAP APPEARS WALKING HIS DOGS ,I APPROACH HIM ASK HIM WHATS YOUR PROBLEM YOU NO ITS ME LAMPING THEM RABBIT FIELDS WHY DAZZLE ME WITH YOUR LAMP SO HE START MAKING OUT I SHOULD,NT BE LAMPING ON THERE THEN HE SAYS I SEE YOU LAMPING AGAIN I WILL SHOOT YOUR DOGS,I SEE RED LETS JUST SAY MY TEMPER TUCK OVER, HE JUMPED UP THREATENING ME WITH THE POLICE SPOUTING I KNOW WERE YOU LIVE SINCE THIS HAS HAPPENED I VERY RARELY SEE HIM NOW , NO SANE PERSON WOULD RISK THERE FAC FOR SHOOTING SOMEONES DOGS REMEMBER THEY HAVE A LOT MORE TO LOSE THAN US, REGARDS JOHN

Guest JohnGalway
and shooting people just dont like lurchers,Simple as. [/color][/font]

And given your recent foray into the shooting section I'd think what's sauce for the goose seems to be sauce for the gander.

I'm sure you'd your reasons for excluding that though :whistling:

To be honest, I reckon this is a post designed to stir up shite between shooters & dogmen on here, and it's working..... :yes:

Not all gamekeepers are the same....

NO, DEFINATLY NOT. im new on here and just wanted some good, sound, clean advice of what others would do in same situation.

I'm not sure how useful this is,but over the past few years a number of dogs have been shot around these parts( not much livestock but alot of game rearing)

Anyways,one in particular was a GSD last year,shot in the backside (resulting in death) by someone local who had permission on a rabbit shoot( apparently the only thing the dog/owner did wrong was to stumble accross him as she also has permission from the landowner to walk dogs there- he was apparently annoyed because a spaniel he was trying to demonstrate work to someone was messing about)

This was reported to Police etc,there was a petition signed by many locals and a demonstration outside his Fishmonger shop in the next Village- however nothing was done at all and he shoots to this day

The firearms officer didnt want to know - it was considered a private matter ,despite the fact that the dog did nothing wrong but be there.

This seemed unfair but i am not sure what can be done once the dog has gone legally if the Police are not concerned with it

Taken from this weeks Shooting Times:

A dorset farmer who found 25 of his sheep deasd and then shot the dogs he believed responsible has been fined more than £1000 and ordered to forfeit his .22 rifle. Weymouth magistrates heard how last February Julian Cranton had found two terriers in the field with blood around their mouths. Mr Cranton admitted failing to comply with a condition of his firearms certificate that his rifle should only be used for the control of vermin . He also admitted causing criminal damage by destroying the two dogs.

So, to shoot a dog without lawful authority is criminal damage.

Dog walkers can be a pain in the arse when you are trying to run a shoot, but threatening to shoot a dog is not on.

As someone else has said, report him to the police. Just making the threat is enough for him to loose his ticket.

Or you could go and see him, without your dog, and ask him why he has such a problem with you, and where else you can walk. If he won't be reasonable, tell him you are going to report him.

Once released, pheasants are classified as wild not livestock. That means that he would never have the right to shoot a dog even if it was chasing birds.

I've had this problem with a few local " keepers " round my way. They both threatened to shoot my dogs and invited I them to do exactly that to see what would happen. They both pussied out when told the score.

I will however say this. It is usually always the syndicate shoot keepers/helpers who get on their high horse whining on about their poxy 1000 birds they put down ! Part time country squires and utter pricks !

Guest alastair

if your dog was under close control and you was on a footpath the mans an idiot,if not then it must piss people off with wanderers ,why not help out on shoot beating a get to be a part of the local community never know you might get a bit of land,i beat on our local shoot and it bores the balls off me ,i can shoot it if i like but i allway say shooting a pheasant 3 metres off the deck dont interest me,but the lamping permish is gratefully recieved.

You say "most" of the time your not hunting? If you have no permission (very naughty :) ) then I'd be carefull, if you are merely exercising your dog on a public footpath then no harm, no foul. This guy sounds like a tube but I'd be carefull what you do on the land.......

bottom line if your dogs are running around in a place you have no permission to be then you are at fault by law your dogs have to be on a lead or no further than 15ft away....running loose on a footpath is also against the law...you dogs are deemed out of control in a public place...you could be taken to court by your local authority...not being funny just stating facts as i see then..its what i deal with every day(dog warden)be careful altho he has no right to shoot them once its done its done you probably would have to take him to court for any loss as it would be a civil offence....a case of he said you said scenario....just be careful mate youre on dodgy ground!

[bottom line if your dogs are running around in a place you have no permission to be then you are at fault by law your dogs have to be on a lead or no further than 15ft away....running loose on a footpath is also against the law...you dogs are deemed out of control in a public place...you could be taken to court by your local authority...not being funny just stating facts as i see then..its what i deal with every day(dog warden)be careful altho he has no right to shoot them once its done its done you probably would have to take him to court for any loss as it would be a civil offence....a case of he said you said scenario....just be careful mate youre on dodgy ground!

No offence mate but that is a load of rubbish.

There is no law relating to 15 feet, and there would be no excuse in law to shoot a dog that wasn't under control, unless it was in the act of worrying livestock (not gamebirds), and as a last resort.

Read the above, criminal damage....

[bottom line if your dogs are running around in a place you have no permission to be then you are at fault by law your dogs have to be on a lead or no further than 15ft away....running loose on a footpath is also against the law...you dogs are deemed out of control in a public place...you could be taken to court by your local authority...not being funny just stating facts as i see then..its what i deal with every day(dog warden)be careful altho he has no right to shoot them once its done its done you probably would have to take him to court for any loss as it would be a civil offence....a case of he said you said scenario....just be careful mate youre on dodgy ground!

No offence mate but that is a load of rubbish.

There is no law relating to 15 feet, and there would be no excuse in law to shoot a dog that wasn't under control, unless it was in the act of worrying livestock (not gamebirds), and as a last resort.

Read the above, criminal damage....

the 15 ft law relates to dogs being out of control its why the flexi leads go to 15 ft anymore than that they contravene the law...ur right about the guy shooting them however once its done its a little too late...one or two things could be done a. kick the shit out of him or warn him ur gunna cause him grief if any harm comes to your dogs or two go to the police make an official complaint and make sure you have a ref number for the complaint odds on if the copper is ok,hel receive an almighty bollocking and will be too afraid to threaten again..you can be nicked for trespass with the intent to take game just cos you have nothing doesnt mean you cant be nicked for it!!! the law rarely finds for the lurcher man!!!