• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest night time my time
I wondered the same Buster. Keeps has'nt even replied for ages then this post goading her again, just didnt make any sense to me :unsure:

If this thread is just turning into a bullying/name calling competition then it should be locked IMO. I cannot see anything usefull, informative or entertaining in this thread now.

:thumbs:

I would just like to throw a spanner into the works regarding the pricing of one’s stock, I have always had the opinion that working dog’s are sold far too cheaply, this opinion has not changed, over the years, now there are two schools of thought here, firstly, many a so called dog man and this includes Sheppard’s, change their dog’s like they change their socks, and I have sold many a sheep dog’s over the years, I once had a litter advertised in the farmers weekly, this chaps phoned to inquire what price the pups were, £200 pound I replied, well the most I’ve ever paid is a few bales of hay for a pup, might be able to go say £25- good evening.

Brian Plummer use to hate dealing with Joe public for this very reason, and Brian wasn’t a patient man, wouldn’t and didn’t suffer fools, at any cost, we use to trade stories on the phone, which were amazing/amusing if nothing else, when Brian used to get the boot sale barterer, would you take a little less Mr Plummer-answer would you pay a little more?

Now before moving on, I would also like to add, that I have over the years given many puppies away completely free of charge, to respected dog trainers, the only price attached is that I get back, a progress report on how the line is running, or/and possibly a return pup, later on, once this line is proven itself shall we say in the field.

How many of you, if you think long and hard, have known someone over the years that, should have given his ward a little longer before getting rid? Likewise how many of you still have ageing stock, well past its sell by date languishing in ones kennels?

Some dog’s take to work like duck’s to water, some do not, and some if in good hands will achieve what they would fail in the hands of a novice.

However if the novice paid a price, say twice or three times, what he had, would he not think, I’ve paid good money for this dog? Would there be just a chance, that he may try a different approach, with his ward perhaps seek advice from an expert? Or friend?

It’s always baffled me, that a farmer will pay £500’000 for a piece of machinery, however will try and barter a price of £25 for a dog, does the dog give less?

I know we live in a throw away world, however the failure rate among working dog’s is high enough without adding to the problem by giving them away at a price that a paper boy could afford.

However if a person is selling his stock which you find the price or taste a little steep, it’s your choice, however if an experienced dog man comes to my kennels its good business sense to offer the pup- on a condition and bloody good advising to boot.

dare i say id give one of your oc dogs a good home and a run for its money graham,all the progress reports you could read, :victory:

Bolty,

What way the Plummer X work, sound and mix it a bit??

Voon.

THE DOG I HAVE GOT . HELL BAY TILL HE GETS TO HIM BUT WHEN HE GETS TO HIS FOX HE JUST WANTS TO MURDER IT I CAN TELL YOU THAT HOO EVER HAS SEEN THE DOG WORK YOU CANT TAKE IT AWAY FROM HIM HE WILL GIVE YOU EVERY THING HES GOT AND HE AS STILL GOT ALONG WAY TO GO BUT TIME WILL TELL IF THEY ALL TURN OUT THE WAY HE IS GOING I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY VOON .
Now before moving on, I would also like to add, that I have over the years given many puppies away completely free of charge, to respected dog trainers, the only price attached is that I get back, a progress report on how the line is running, or/and possibly a return pup, later on, once this line is proven itself shall we say in the field.How many of you, if you think long and hard, have known someone over the years that, should have given his ward a little longer before getting rid? Likewise how many of you still have ageing stock, well past its sell by date languishing in ones kennels?

I know we live in a throw away world, however the failure rate among working dog’s is high enough without adding to the problem by giving them away at a price that a paper boy could afford.However if a person is selling his stock which you find the price or taste a little steep, it’s your choice, however if an experienced dog man comes to my kennels its good business sense to offer the pup- on a condition and bloody good advising to boot.

We have over the years let many people have our dogs, only a small number of these people have proved of any worth the others - and you know who I am talking about- have backstabbed, insulted our hospitality, generosity and trust then thrown it back in our faces, they make snidey remarks only we understand then look for backing and support, they con their way through the dog world riding high on other peoples backs, they are deceitful and untrustworthy and as far as I can see attract like to like, which in my experience over the years in the end is of no consequense or loss only to themselves, they are as transparant as cellophane and hold as much value, parasites of the dog world.

they are as transparant as cellophane and hold as much value, parasites of the dog world.

So why sell/give them a dog ?

If this has happened to you a few times then surely your vetting process cant be to clever ?

If they were as transparent as cellophane why did you not pick up on their frailties ?

I wondered the same Buster. Keeps has'nt even replied for ages then this post goading her again, just didnt make any sense to me :unsure:

If this thread is just turning into a bullying/name calling competition then it should be locked IMO. I cannot see anything usefull, informative or entertaining in this thread now.

I would just like to throw a spanner into the works regarding the pricing of one’s stock, I have always had the opinion that working dog’s are sold far too cheaply, this opinion has not changed, over the years, now there are two schools of thought here, firstly, many a so called dog man and this includes Sheppard’s, change their dog’s like they change their socks, and I have sold many a sheep dog’s over the years, I once had a litter advertised in the farmers weekly, this chaps phoned to inquire what price the pups were, £200 pound I replied, well the most I’ve ever paid is a few bales of hay for a pup, might be able to go say £25- good evening.

Brian Plummer use to hate dealing with Joe public for this very reason, and Brian wasn’t a patient man, wouldn’t and didn’t suffer fools, at any cost, we use to trade stories on the phone, which were amazing/amusing if nothing else, when Brian used to get the boot sale barterer, would you take a little less Mr Plummer-answer would you pay a little more?

Now before moving on, I would also like to add, that I have over the years given many puppies away completely free of charge, to respected dog trainers, the only price attached is that I get back, a progress report on how the line is running, or/and possibly a return pup, later on, once this line is proven itself shall we say in the field.

How many of you, if you think long and hard, have known someone over the years that, should have given his ward a little longer before getting rid? Likewise how many of you still have ageing stock, well past its sell by date languishing in ones kennels?

Some dog’s take to work like duck’s to water, some do not, and some if in good hands will achieve what they would fail in the hands of a novice.

However if the novice paid a price, say twice or three times, what he had, would he not think, I’ve paid good money for this dog? Would there be just a chance, that he may try a different approach, with his ward perhaps seek advice from an expert? Or friend?

It’s always baffled me, that a farmer will pay £500’000 for a piece of machinery, however will try and barter a price of £25 for a dog, does the dog give less?

I know we live in a throw away world, however the failure rate among working dog’s is high enough without adding to the problem by giving them away at a price that a paper boy could afford.

However if a person is selling his stock which you find the price or taste a little steep, it’s your choice, however if an experienced dog man comes to my kennels its good business sense to offer the pup- on a condition and bloody good advising to boot.

dare i say id give one of your oc dogs a good home and a run for its money graham,all the progress reports you could read, :victory:

you have my email address

Guest night time my time

wont be long before im emailing you :thumbs:

wont be long before im emailing you :thumbs:

its your call I've been here forever

Guest night time my time

its your call I've been here forever

isnt it funny,somone puts a plummer working thred up at the same time someone asks a question about them on another??? there is at presant 2 more pages of argueing on this thread than there is of back patting on the working thread,??? goes to show, :hmm:myself. i blame the owners :thumbs:
Now before moving on, I would also like to add, that I have over the years given many puppies away completely free of charge, to respected dog trainers, the only price attached is that I get back, a progress report on how the line is running, or/and possibly a return pup, later on, once this line is proven itself shall we say in the field.How many of you, if you think long and hard, have known someone over the years that, should have given his ward a little longer before getting rid? Likewise how many of you still have ageing stock, well past its sell by date languishing in ones kennels?

I know we live in a throw away world, however the failure rate among working dog’s is high enough without adding to the problem by giving them away at a price that a paper boy could afford.However if a person is selling his stock which you find the price or taste a little steep, it’s your choice, however if an experienced dog man comes to my kennels its good business sense to offer the pup- on a condition and bloody good advising to boot.

We have over the years let many people have our dogs, only a small number of these people have proved of any worth the others - and you know who I am talking about- have backstabbed, insulted our hospitality, generosity and trust then thrown it back in our faces, they make snidey remarks only we understand then look for backing and support, they con their way through the dog world riding high on other peoples backs, they are deceitful and untrustworthy and as far as I can see attract like to like, which in my experience over the years in the end is of no consequense or loss only to themselves, they are as transparant as cellophane and hold as much value, parasites of the dog world.

I agree that there seems be a higher percentage of unscrupulous people in this world of down beat dog wasters, however the ½ a per cent of genuine people if you can find them, sometimes restores a little faith back in mankind, however Brian Plummer would have disagreed with that last statement, this as you well know 10/22 was the biggest factor, as to why he left England, for Caithness to rid himself of these vagabonds, and parasites sucking and draining , what little faith he had left in mankind, and he was a true believer that out of 99.5% 0f so call dog men only the 0.5% we are left with are genuine, it was for this reason few people embraced my mentor, he wasn’t the boogie man you made him that way.

post-26953-1228725772_thumb.jpg

Edited by Graham Nicholson

The new blood project which was fully endorsed by plummer, needed to be out there, and yes, we have not always been right into whose hands we placed the dogs, we all make mistakes, but anyone who travels to the hebrides to pick up a pup free or paid for, always struck us as pretty decent people- at the time.

Individuals have since done more damage to the progress and development of the breed , and in the long run, I dont know 100% if the breed will survive as we know it today. I can see no further development, too many negatives have been added, and are embraced - which puzzles me especially after all the time and effort taken to rid the breed of negatives.

Perhaps its time to leave these people to it and watch the dogs decline into a mongrolised shadow of what they could have become if everyone worked together. They say they work to keep the breed going, I have yet to see anything positive come from any angle, They are too busy reporting peoples photo albums of dogs they have bred and have the hosts take pictures down even though the dogs are bred by us but now owned by them,trawling the internet drawing attention to obsolete adverts, stealing things they havent worked for - ie the midland for one, then turning it into a car boot sale one day the making up ruls to disqualify dogs the next, listening to frauds and fakes, reporting our dogs as pitbulls to have them taken away for testing for what? well its simply in order to claim all credit for themselves and not the breed.

Its a sad time for the dogs and sadder for anyone who listens and takes notice of these self appointed prima donnas who are parasites and feed off the very people who gave them a chance

The new blood project which was fully endorsed by plummer, needed to be out there, and yes, we have not always been right into whose hands we placed the dogs, we all make mistakes, but anyone who travels to the hebrides to pick up a pup free or paid for, always struck us as pretty decent people- at the time.

Individuals have since done more damage to the progress and development of the breed , and in the long run, I dont know 100% if the breed will survive as we know it today. I can see no further development, too many negatives have been added, and are embraced - which puzzles me especially after all the time and effort taken to rid the breed of negatives.

Perhaps its time to leave these people to it and watch the dogs decline into a mongrolised shadow of what they could have become if everyone worked together. They say they work to keep the breed going, I have yet to see anything positive come from any angle, They are too busy reporting peoples photo albums of dogs they have bred and have the hosts take pictures down even though the dogs are bred by us but now owned by them,trawling the internet drawing attention to obsolete adverts, stealing things they havent worked for - ie the midland for one, then turning it into a car boot sale one day the making up ruls to disqualify dogs the next, listening to frauds and fakes, reporting our dogs as pitbulls to have them taken away for testing for what? well its simply in order to claim all credit for themselves and not the breed.

Its a sad time for the dogs and sadder for anyone who listens and takes notice of these self appointed prima donnas who are parasites and feed off the very people who gave them a chance

that's about it in a nut shell, good summary 10/22

jesus. 8 pages of shite. Same as always, a bunch of people who are plummer sceptics and the usual bullshitters defending the plummer. I was involved with this breed some time ago and got out when people like 10/22 Sue rothwell/ keeps got involved. Bringing commercial publicity to the breed along with a load of amateur wanabees, desperate to prove somthing.

Serously i joined keeps's tpt forum not long ago and as expected found it to be all a bit pretend. There are more people on there buying into the plummer terrier and putting pics on of them being cuddled on fluffy sofas etc. than work. There are many threads asking how and when to start there dogs off on rats??? As i said a bunch of beginners. Does the pt need this kind of promotion i think not.

It is a shame that people like A dungworth feel as they do but they are right to feel this way. Watching a breed they once loved being ran by a bunch of amatuers can't be easy. People pretending to work there dogs often feel the need to prove it on forums. It is a shame cos the people who really work there plummers to ground are not bothered with all the shite. And believe me a plummer can make an excellent earth dog in the right hands. I never had any problems and still no of plummers that can work fox with the best of em.

For the record all you pretenders. Brian Plummer did not do the breed standard. Shows how much you know. Now please move onto another breed and pretend you are experts in them.

Edited by bark
Guest night time my time
jesus. 8 pages of shite. Same as always, a bunch of people who are plummer sceptics and the usual bullshitters defending the plummer. I was involved with this breed some time ago and got out when people like 10/22 Sue rothwell/ keeps got involved. Bringing commercial publicity to the breed along with a load of amateur wanabees, desperate to prove somthing.

Serously i joined keeps's tpt forum not long ago and as expected found it to be all a bit pretend. There are more people on there buying into the plummer terrier and putting pics on of them being cuddled on fluffy sofas etc. than work. There are many threads asking how and when to start there dogs off on rats??? As i said a bunch of beginners. Does the pt need this kind of promotion i think not.

It is a shame that people like A dungworth feel as they do but they are right to feel this way. Watching a breed they once loved being ran by a bunch of amatuers can't be easy. People pretending to work there dogs often feel the need to prove it on forums. It is a shame cos the people who really work there plummers to ground are not bothered with all the shite. And believe me a plummer can make an excellent earth dog in the right hands. I never had any problems and still no of plummers that can work fox with the best of em.

For the record all you pretenders. Brian Plummer did not [bANNED TEXT] the breed standard. Shows how much you know. Now please move onto another breed and pretend you are experts in them.

have to agree with a lot of what you say but there are still people like 10/22 and the pta that seem to know and have done a lot of work over meny years to bring on the breed,there are meny people that have just entered this breed to cash in and yes the wpt is a forum for fluffy dogs and a lot of bullshit,there are litters i know on there that are advertised as working parants that i know for a fact have hardly left a kennal in there lives,there are people like eptr that breed anything to anything, everytime a bitch comes in heat,a puppy farm imo,then claims to know it all,he knows f,all apart from dogs past and breeds from any ol dog he can lay his hands on,£££ is his concern,the ads in the countrymans,the purest lines???bullshit is there game!!,how can you own 30/40 + pluss terriers and other dogs and claim them all to be working?i know little of or care for breed standards full stop.to me its show talk,just not my thing argueing over pritty dogs,i have some right ugly killers! i keep dogs for work and have bred a few lurchers and terriers etc,(im not a rich man and i will be the 1st to admitt that selling some pups has made me able to aford to keep the rest of my dogs in good conditions).no proffit has ever been made,it all goes back one way or another, im by no means an expert on breeding so this is why the forum is a handy place to learn and make new contacts with like minded poeple that i may be able to learn from,iv seen some of the people that claim to know about and breed/ working plummers and other dogs,only to see them run a mock and ruin a good days sport,more positiveaty,some people keep on because they do actually know what there talking about more than others and if you look at the advice as help. instead of thinking you know it all then you may just all get along and learn something??, just one mans opinion :icon_eek:

Sorry but what has 10/22 done. From what i can see the bad points out number the good ones. The outcross programme has been a cock up. I know what brians plans were for the outcross and they were good plans. hoping to open up more lines for a breed that is now struggling with it's narrow gene pool. In the hands of rothwell this hasn't been achieved due to her lack of knowledge in how to outcross. The PTA are no better. Clueless bunch who continue to damage the breed by restrictions in what they will register and promote. The PTA are a clossed shop clique that have took the breed as far as they can.