LAMPING COMP LAST NIGHT

Ci will tell ya the result first rather than leave you in susspence. SCOUSER was the winner by 14 rabbits to langleys 12.

now the night its self, TERRIBLE , the weather was very poor, with a lot of low lieing mist , and as we climed out of the bottoms up the dale, it tuned to fog. at this point i said to the boys lets move to another farm, we have right in the bottoms, so a 5 min drive and where there.

wel no fog here , a little bit misty but manageble. not a breath of wind, and the air hung with that very damp atmosphere.

to say the rabbits were thin on the ground tonight is an understatement, they could hear us from miles a way.

now the two boys and there dogs, both of them were gentlemen and sportsmen , there were a few ocastions when dogs went unsited, that they got to run again, both lads being very sportsman like about it. also langleys lamp was very poor, its a lazer lite but its not set up right, its a wonder his dog can catch with that light, and on a few ocations we helped his dog out by scouser putting his lightforce on the rabbit. like i say both lads being very sporting about it .

both the dogs did well and both would have got the 25 mark had the weather been better, langleys dogs fault is its a little to soft mouthed , and at 1 point had a rabbit well cought only to let it go and it escaped compleatly . he was also very unlucky, with rabbits going straight threw sheep fencing.

on the other hand Scouser had a bit of luck , 1 rabbit that was 6inch away from a fence , i said dont bother with that, but fair play he slipped , the rabbit ran along the fence and the dog killed. and on his next rabbit wich was making for the fence, the dog managed to do the same again.

langlys dog had one squted , he slipped on it , but this one when straight through the fence without missing a beat, and this was only moments after the one scouser had just had running along the fence.

just shows you there are no hard and fast rules about rabbits, and how theres always a little element of luck.

well thats about it although the coditions were poor , istill enjoyed it. as i have said a few times both men were real gentlemen and very sporting and it was a pleasure to reff them , its a shame one of them had to loose, cheers lads TOMO ;)

HERES A OUPLE OF PICS , ONE AT THE BEGING ONE AT THE END , BLOODY BATTERIE WENT ON THE CAMMERA :angry:

DSCF0352.jpg

DSCF0353.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good write up Tomo. Recon this heat was made more interesting due to the conditions and nice hauls too.

Well done Scouser :clapper:

BUT most of all, a huge well done to both lads who competed in a very sporting manor. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

thats what this competion is about getting sporting enthusiasts out for a mooch and no bikering or my dogs better than your dog shite just two lads enjoying ther sport well done to you both hope the rest of the competion runs along as smoothly as your match i high lighted the final tally picture as much as i could its a little better

DSCF0353-1.jpg

well done both of you and scouser good luck in your next heat ;)

Sounds like a good night was had by all.

Well done Scouser, you did well there, especially as it was your reserve dog. Looks like you had all your best kit out! :laugh:

Hopefully the weather will improve for the end of the week, might have to take a little trip up that way ;)

Good to see decent lads getting together for a bit of sport, fair play to TOMO for giving his night up to ref it too.