Checking a few earths

We were invited down to deep digs for a day out to check a few earths yesterday on his permission - a keepered shoot. Its a long drive for us and we set off very early. Deep digs keeper friend and his good lady accompanied us. With nearly a weeks worth of morning frosts we were hopeful, but yesterday morning typically was fairly mild. As deep digs two plummers are still only pups he had a couple of black dogs on loan which he brought with us. The little nuttal "Jen" was the first to go in - the first earth we tried held - a very promising start to the day, and once she had settled the dig began resulting in a nice big dog fox. Unfortunately there was nothing else to ground after that, we must have tried another 8 or so earths around and about so we didnt get the chance to use another dog. We took along Rosie, her daughter Petal, on her first ever hunting trip as well as our big plummer bitch Ellie and deep dig had his two plummer pups with him, Nellie & Keela, Petal's litter sister. It was a day spent in great company, we had some really good laughs and I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

A few pics

"Jen & Gravel"

DSC_0049-6.jpg

Jen, just before we tried her in the first earth of the day - the only one that held

DSC_0083-4.jpg

DSC_0084-7.jpg

deepdigs pups Keela & Nellie

DSC_0087-6.jpg

A bit too close for comfort :unsure: it would stop in the middle of the field with a bull in it :icon_eek:

DSC_0093-8.jpg

DSC_0104-4.jpg

DSC_0112-5.jpg

DSC_0116-5.jpg

dig begins

DSC_0120-4.jpg

DSC_0122-9.jpg

DSC_0124-5.jpg

DSC_0127-4.jpg

DSC_0131-9.jpg

DSC_0128-7.jpg

DSC_0136-8.jpg

DSC_0138-7.jpg

DSC_0140-5.jpg

DSC_0147-6.jpg

DSC_0149-5.jpg

Ellie & Petal

DSC_0151-5.jpg

DSC_0152-7.jpg

covers still a bit high :blink:

DSC_0154-7.jpg

DSC_0160-4.jpg

DSC_0162-8.jpg

"Jen"

DSC_0187-7.jpg

DSC_0188-2.jpg

DSC_0196-4.jpg

I really enjoyed today - finished off by a cup of tea and some very good craic :thumbs:

ninc looking dogs there mate realy like the plummers :thumbs: sum good photos aswell

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pissing my self laughing =pmsl

Cheers for the enligenment,

Looks like your a teacher bud :D

why's that Ken :clapper:

Teaching me something i didn't know ~ pmsl.

you learn something new everyday, till you get Alzeimhers then you forget it all.

Graham,

Out of interest what do you think the future holds for the Plummer Terrier will they become a KC registered showdog?

Voon

Remind me, keeps , as I know my dogs are inferior in every sense of the word to everyone elses, but i care not, and I do bow humbly to your expertese and knowledge- all 3/4 yrs of it. But - correct me if i'm wrong, is not ellie a 3rd generation 3/4 to 3/4 with no direct lines of 'the sacred' pureblood' in her, hence if I in my old age thinks correctly, and my mathematics/calculations are correct, there was a huge chance that she would grow out of standard, which she did.- no big deal we started with bigger, still she had the same chance we took when we kept her full sisters, who have bred some of the finest examples of plummer terriers and all well within standard, why? might you ask? well its because if you use the right dog in the next generation the size comes down. Now!! I know you have a 4 th generation, which you say is mighty fiesty and a bit sharp, and i have heard you say some - well lets say - not nice things about her or her sire, so I ask, if the dog is so bad, WHY THE HELL DID YOU BREED FROM HER?

you learn something new everyday, till you get Alzeimhers then you forget it all.

Graham,

Out of interest what do you think the future holds for the Plummer Terrier will they become a KC registered showdog?

Voon

:clapping: That’s a question-you tell me I’m not a teacher??????????

Remind me, keeps , as I know my dogs are inferior in every sense of the word to everyone elses, but i care not, and I do bow humbly to your expertese and knowledge- all 3/4 yrs of it. But - correct me if i'm wrong, is not ellie a 3rd generation 3/4 to 3/4 with no direct lines of 'the sacred' pureblood' in her, hence if I in my old age thinks correctly, and my mathematics/calculations are correct, there was a huge chance that she would grow out of standard, which she did.- no big deal we started with bigger, still she had the same chance we took when we kept her full sisters, who have bred some of the finest examples of plummer terriers and all well within standard, why? might you ask? well its because if you use the right dog in the next generation the size comes down. Now!! I know you have a 4 th generation, which you say is mighty fiesty and a bit sharp, and i have heard you say some - well lets say - not nice things about her or her sire, so I ask, if the dog is so bad, WHY THE HELL DID YOU BREED FROM HER?

Good point :clapper: over to you keeps :clapper:

:o i cant believe what i,m reading keeps puts up a good post of there day out and then you have 10/22 slating her f**k me mate not so long ago you where advertising on a hunting forum for someone to work part time with you TEACHING DOGS RING CRAFT :o:o if you have that many terriers that you need someone to help you your either working them 24/7 or a puppy farmer but you aint in it for the money are you ?

Graham,

Voon

Graham,

I never said you weren't a teacher.

Was thanking Zap for helping my little brain work out what PMSL was!! and tongue in cheek with reference to a previous post was slagging Zap. (Zap No Offence intended).

This is getting a bit playgroundy.

Just wondering what plans were for the plummer terrier. Brought up on DBP's books and articles Just think it would be travesty if the terrier he created became a LAP DOG. I have seen them work and they have good qualities, but with all the bickering and bitching you wouldn't know where to go to buy one, so i guess many terrier men stay away from the breed and these are the people needed to promote a working dog.

Voon.

Graham,

Voon

Graham,

Was thanking Zap for helping my little brain work out what PMSL was!! and tongue in cheek with reference to a previous post was slagging Zap. (Zap No Offence intended).

Just wondering what plans were for the plummer terrier. Brought up on DBP's books and articles Just think it would be travesty if the terrier he created became a LAP DOG. I have seen them work and they have good qualities, but with all the bickering and bitching you wouldn't know where to go to buy one, so i guess many terrier men stay away from the breed and these are the people needed to promote a working dog.

Voon.

slagging me :blink: cheers mate lol dont you realise everything on the internet is serious life or death stuff o and pmsl

no need for keeps to reply to this i will. the breeding was done for a friend ME at no time did keeps have any intention of keeping a pup from this breeding. hope this answers your question,,,,,,

Graham,

Voon

Graham,

Voon.

slagging me :blink: cheers mate lol dont you realise everything on the internet is serious life or death stuff o and pmsl

it's not easy Zap, think ill have to get someone out of the matrix to protect me theres bucko's out there take things real serious :)

Graham,

Voon

Graham,

Voon.

:signthankspin: Know you said I was, a teacher, that Alzheimer’s ain’t kicked in already, lol the future of the Plummer Terrier is in the hands of the breed clubs perhaps you should re direct your question at them?