Boots

hi all

just a quick one, i,m looking for a new pair of boots for the coming season, but all the prices have gone through the roof , its been a few years since i bought a pair , but no ware near the £200 some shops are asking for ( le cham) , any one know of anyware more reasonable or do i just grin and bear it, and hand it over ? thanks ed.

Following some advice on here, I've been regularly visiting my local TK Max in the hope of finding something decent and after finding several pairs of boots which were either too heavy or the wrong size over the last few months my patience finally paid off this week with a pair of Danner Jackals for under £40!

Following some advice on here, I've been regularly visiting my local TK Max in the hope of finding something decent and after finding several pairs of boots which were either too heavy or the wrong size over the last few months my patience finally paid off this week with a pair of Danner Jackals for under £40!
hi all

just a quick one, i,m looking for a new pair of boots for the coming season, but all the prices have gone through the roof , its been a few years since i bought a pair , but no ware near the £200 some shops are asking for ( le cham) , any one know of anyware more reasonable or do i just grin and bear it, and hand it over ? thanks ed.

cheers Neal mate, i,ll give them a try.

• 1 month later...

Always a subject with a lot of individual opinions but I find the expensive boots get just as many holes in them from the brambles, holly, hawthorn, gause etc as I kick it all out the way!

I tend to wear the posh ones at Game/Country Fairs and wear the cheap ones in the field!! :whistling::whistling::thumbs:

Always a subject with a lot of individual opinions but I find the expensive boots get just as many holes in them from the brambles, holly, hawthorn, gause etc as I kick it all out the way!

I tend to wear the posh ones at Game/Country Fairs and wear the cheap ones in the field!! :whistling::whistling::thumbs:

me too :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mass_G3nocide
hi all

Le chameu's are by far they best boots and the cheapest i saw them for is £150 in Saxmundham either way you wont find them much cheaper i dont think... Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Here's a link to a THL Forum page just on boots - some iffy reports on Le Chem Mouflon.

I've just bought my son a pair of Handwags from Ebay, but Lowa's take a beating and some guys back this up.

Lowas or Meindl Dovre!

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...79835&st=15

In response to the other posts regarding Cabelas.

The Post Office [Customs & Excise] take in every third item, as they don't have the resources to scrutinice everything.

So you have a 1 in 3 chance of buying something from the states and paying futy on it - Good Luck.

Here's the cables boo page. Like a sweety shop?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...;navAction=jump

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Good advice. Under £50 for a good pair of boots with waterproof leather uppers, providing you look after them. Dress with wax or dubbing regularly for a longer life.

hi all

Were abouts are you av got a pair of[11] black high gortex army boots brand new never been worn all tek £20 for them. atb dell
get on the cabela's hunting website u mite wait a bit for post (its from america) but u get better boots on there for your money than u ever would in this country

couldnt agree more , had a pair of irish setter elk trackers 10" 600gram of insulation , sent ban (no smelly boot feet) £120 best boots ive ever had (bought anther pair to keep for next but theyve been in cuboard for 2yr) . my shooting , digging , beating and lamping partner bought mouflon gtx at the same time and had freezing feet all winter and now has wet feet when we go out , you can guess what he's buying next.