Boots

• 8 months later...

I was pretty lucky. I got a pair of Meindl Dovre Extremes from work. A full red season (stags and hinds) up and down Scottish mountains (and some pretty tough geology too, very abrasive) doing something in the order of 40 miles a week and they're still completely waterproof.

They're not the warmest boots in the world, but you can adjust how warm they are with different thickness socks, so they're ideal. You can wear warm socks to make boots warmer (I love the sealskinz waterproof army sock) but you can't take bits off to make them cooler in the summer.

I nearly fell over when I heard the price of them, but the first time I put them on I knew exactly WHY they are £200+ boots, and they've not let me down since!

• 3 months later...

hi all

just a quick one, i,m looking for a new pair of boots for the coming season, but all the prices have gone through the roof , its been a few years since i bought a pair , but no ware near the £200 some shops are asking for ( le cham) , any one know of anyware more reasonable or do i just grin and bear it, and hand it over ? thanks ed.

Cabellas mate......America.........delivery same week £80

google it.

Had mine 2 seasons and they still sound.

hard enough for stamping on shovel but comfy enough

for walking miles in. 100% waterproof

YIS T