black teriers

Guest friedrice

Guest friedrice
well myselfe, i think most of the black terriers out there have died they're own death.just think most lines out there aint no good any more.

time to look back to the old lines, before the blacks came along ;) .

if ever i was to put myselfe in the shit this statement would do it :clapper:

there are plenty of good black stuff left just most lads like to keep it in there own circle

good on them, :victory: and hope they always do :thumbs:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackntan
my terrier is red he came from a litter of blacks

does this mean he is black but red :icon_eek: i wondered if it was like darnel from big brother he is black but white..

can any one help me out :whistling::tongue2::blink:

i think fell type answerd that for you ..there all cross breed terriers if you go back far enough

b+t you keep going on about working terriers i aint seen you with one! you keep a black and tan dog he is a good looking dog but he aint got a mark on him or the black dog you keep .now call me daft if you like but in my time ive not seen a working dog that dont get bit at least some times unless it works rabbits. not wanting an argument . but just my opinion

lets see yours workers :thumbs:
Guest friedrice

does this mean he is black but red :icon_eek: i wondered if it was like darnel from big brother he is black but white..

i think fell type answerd that for you ..there all cross breed terriers if you go back far enough

b+t you keep going on about working terriers i aint seen you with one! you keep a black and tan dog he is a good looking dog but he aint got a mark on him or the black dog you keep .now call me daft if you like but in my time ive not seen a working dog that dont get bit at least some times unless it works rabbits. not wanting an argument . but just my opinion

Edited by friedrice
Guest blackntan

why? they are nothing to look at. some see them when they asked to and most of you will never. some been on here before for all to see.

but it takes those in the know to work out who they realy belonged to :clapper:;)

not you the dogswotsits
Guest friedrice

why? they are nothing to look at. some see them when they asked to and most of you will never. some been on here before for all to see.

but it takes those in the know to work out who they realy belonged to :clapper:;)

not you the dogswotsits

i know now dont i :doh:

I've been reading this thread with interest,imo the 2 most performance bred dogs are the pitbull and the greyhound.Can anyone on here say what colour either of these breeds are/should be? For a long time i wouldn't keep a black and tan terrier as i believed it was a sign of pedigree blood,have a look at the LakelandTerrier breed standard permitted colours,you might be surprised(i was).I just bred a litter from my red dog over his black daughter and got 1red 2b&t and 3black pups,does that make them lakelandxpatterdales? Does it bollox they're all the same breed/type no matter what the colour.. :drink:

there are plenty of good black stuff left just most lads like to keep it in there own circle

WELL SAID NORTHSIDER I TOTALLY AGREE 100% I KNOW OF A FEW LADS THAT HAVE GREAT BLACKS AND THEY CAN BE TRACED WITH BLOODLINES FOR GENERATIONS AND THEY KEEP THEMSELVES TO THEMSELVES IN THIS DAY AND AGE AND THE PRESENT CLIMATE I CANT BLAME THEM THESE WOULD BE THE STYLE OF TERRIERMEN THAT I WOULD HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR WHO ARE NO BIG FANCY OUR FAMOUS NAMES JUST STRAIGHT RELIABLE HONEST DOGMEN WHO DIG TO THERE DOGS WINTER IN WINTER OUT

Guest blackntan
I've been reading this thread with interest,imo the 2 most performance bred dogs are the pitbull and the greyhound.Can anyone on here say what colour either of these breeds are/should be? For a long time i wouldn't keep a black and tan terrier as i believed it was a sign of pedigree blood,have a look at the LakelandTerrier breed standard permitted colours,you might be surprised(i was).I just bred a litter from my red dog over his black daughter and got 1red 2b&t and 3black pups,does that make them lakelandxpatterdales? Does it bollox they're all the same breed/type no matter what the colour.. :drink:
i was all ways told fells came black and tan, tan, red, and the black and only the black was a patterdale, and my earlier post , do you live in a bubble reflected the comment there are no good black lines theres lads on here who breed and work good lines that work and look good ,as for the dogs wotits comment my two fells arnt heaverly marked up am the first to admit it this will be there second season if they get marked so be it but i wont be doubling up , or letting them take stick just to look the part been there done that, all the respect in the world to the lads who are out two maybe three times a week , and have a kennel full i havent , ive got back into the game after work commitments,let me and spent a long time looking round for a line i was after, as my old dogs were gould blacks and some welsh borderlakelands , my faith in the black lines goes back to the early seventies when the show rings were full of black and tans the blacks were kept by a few there history is well documented and is there if you know were to look , terrier work is not rocket sience enjoy your terriers cos you never know what you had till its gone,
well myselfe, i think most of the black terriers out there have died they're own death.just think most lines out there aint no good any more.

time to look back to the old lines, before the blacks came along ;) .

if ever i was to put myselfe in the shit this statement would do it :clapper:

thers always been black terriers

no there hasent mate :clapper: go on give me the year of the earliest ones you know of :clapper:

Black fells/patterdales/lakies (all the same dog) have been around for hundreds of years 1750 the earliest documented one seen in cumbria, i'd bet money on them being the oldest strain of terrier in this country. Joe Bowman had blacks & that was in the early 1900's. They certainly were around long before the money grabbers got hold of them.

If you look at the breed its the only one that hasn't really been exaggerated in its type, they are pretty consistent in ability as well.

The fella who bred them was from Ireland and when he sent a few of the legends over to the lakes they called them after him, Patrick Ruary Dale. ......................PAT R DALE .Later the fellas in the lakes named a wee town after him and the excellant dogs bred IN IRELAND

8):D R.I.P PADDY,

The fella who bred them was from Ireland and when he sent a few of the legends over to the lakes they called them after him, Patrick Ruary Dale. ......................PAT R DALE .Later the fellas in the lakes named a wee town after him and the excellant dogs bred IN IRELAND

8):D R.I.P PADDY,

:hmm::hmm::hmm: