black teriers

Guest friedrice

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading this thread with interest,imo the 2 most performance bred dogs are the pitbull and the greyhound.Can anyone on here say what colour either of these breeds are/should be? For a long time i wouldn't keep a black and tan terrier as i believed it was a sign of pedigree blood,have a look at the LakelandTerrier breed standard permitted colours,you might be surprised(i was).I just bred a litter from my red dog over his black daughter and got 1red 2b&t and 3black pups,does that make them lakelandxpatterdales? Does it bollox they're all the same breed/type no matter what the colour.. :drink:
i was all ways told fells came black and tan, tan, red, and the black and only the black was a patterdale, and my earlier post , do you live in a bubble reflected the comment there are no good black lines theres lads on here who breed and work good lines that work and look good ,as for the dogs wotits comment my two fells arnt heaverly marked up am the first to admit it this will be there second season if they get marked so be it but i wont be doubling up , or letting them take stick just to look the part been there done that, all the respect in the world to the lads who are out two maybe three times a week , and have a kennel full i havent , ive got back into the game after work commitments,let me and spent a long time looking round for a line i was after, as my old dogs were gould blacks and some welsh borderlakelands , my faith in the black lines goes back to the early seventies when the show rings were full of black and tans the blacks were kept by a few there history is well documented and is there if you know were to look , terrier work is not rocket sience enjoy your terriers cos you never know what you had till its gone,

SO YOU POP OUT OF THE 70s AND THINK THINGS AND DOGS ARE THE SAME?YOU MENTIONED YOU VE BEEN SHIPPING DOGS BACK TO IRELAND FOR YEARS ?THEN YOU MENTION HAVING 2 DOGS JUST ENTERING THEIR 2ND SEASON TALK ABOUT LIVING IN A BUBBLE.

HOPE THIS POST DOESN T EFFECT OUR RELATIONSHIP,LOVE :kiss: :kiss:

Ah well i don t drink or smoke ,this is my local spot for crack,just a pity so many take themselves so seriousely.

B&T seems the humour gene pool is getting smaller too :whistling:

Just finished that book ,"How to win friends and influence people" :laugh:

Do you reckon its had an effect on me............MATE? :angel:

Guest sticker
I WAS OUT WEEKEND WITH SOME FELLAS SPIFF THAT HAD SOME QUALITY BLACK DOGS. WE DUG TO A STRONG BLACK BITCH JUST UNDER THE 3 HOUR MARK, AND ALSO DUG A REAL NICE STRONG HEADED BLACK DOG TWICE ON SUNDAY. I HOPE TO GET A PUP IN THE FUTURE FROM THEM NO MATER WHAT COLOUR OR TYPE AS THEY ALSO HAD A CRACKING RED DOG THAT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS SEEN A LOT OF GAME.

what black lines are they ?

these are my black lines no fancy names just blacks.

Cracking lines eamon don t get much closer than that though :D

Guest blackntan
Ah well i don t drink or smoke ,this is my local spot for crack,just a pity so many take themselves so seriousely.

B&T seems the humour gene pool is getting smaller too :whistling:

Just finished that book ,"How to win friends and influence people" :laugh:

Do you reckon its had an effect on me............MATE? :angel:

humour loads of it, :yes: i think its the human gene pool were your from thats getting a bit small ;) pip
Come on SPIFF dont evade the question .Ye like a slippery eel so you are :drink:

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: T ink I know why no reply.Good at the racing eh?

Find out for yourself about the dogs your on about.If the fellas still on here ask him ,why me.Too many tea leafs about for anyone to start talking about other fellas animals.if you had of went about it a bit more decently and sincerely.Why are you so interested in that post?

I won t comment any further on this particular question.

Wheaton whats wrong with your own blacks

Guest blackntan
I've been reading this thread with interest,imo the 2 most performance bred dogs are the pitbull and the greyhound.Can anyone on here say what colour either of these breeds are/should be? For a long time i wouldn't keep a black and tan terrier as i believed it was a sign of pedigree blood,have a look at the LakelandTerrier breed standard permitted colours,you might be surprised(i was).I just bred a litter from my red dog over his black daughter and got 1red 2b&t and 3black pups,does that make them lakelandxpatterdales? Does it bollox they're all the same breed/type no matter what the colour.. :drink:
i was all ways told fells came black and tan, tan, red, and the black and only the black was a patterdale, and my earlier post , do you live in a bubble reflected the comment there are no good black lines theres lads on here who breed and work good lines that work and look good ,as for the dogs wotits comment my two fells arnt heaverly marked up am the first to admit it this will be there second season if they get marked so be it but i wont be doubling up , or letting them take stick just to look the part been there done that, all the respect in the world to the lads who are out two maybe three times a week , and have a kennel full i havent , ive got back into the game after work commitments,let me and spent a long time looking round for a line i was after, as my old dogs were gould blacks and some welsh borderlakelands , my faith in the black lines goes back to the early seventies when the show rings were full of black and tans the blacks were kept by a few there history is well documented and is there if you know were to look , terrier work is not rocket sience enjoy your terriers cos you never know what you had till its gone,

SO YOU POP OUT OF THE 70s AND THINK THINGS AND DOGS ARE THE SAME?YOU MENTIONED YOU VE BEEN SHIPPING DOGS BACK TO IRELAND FOR YEARS ?THEN YOU MENTION HAVING 2 DOGS JUST ENTERING THEIR 2ND SEASON TALK ABOUT LIVING IN A BUBBLE.

HOPE THIS POST DOESN T EFFECT OUR RELATIONSHIP,LOVE :kiss: :kiss:

now pip dont be twisting things its not life on mars , i said ive been involved since the seventys, as for the two terriers , thedogsthings has a crush on them but was asking why they went bried up so i was explaining , as to the exporting of dogs to ireland it was figeretivly speaking all thou i have sent a couple to the US OF A as mr fell terrier will testifi and before you acuse me of dog dealing mr fell terrier got a sighned first edition of terriers and terrier men by that scouse fella what his name broudfoot , any way pip , the stonghold of the fell is still britain and ireland to say the standed has droped is a rarther insular view and says to me you dont get about much, ;)