black teriers

Guest friedrice

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all at EDRD show were workers, but alot better percentage than most shows ! the lakie that won the main show (not the edrd champ) hasnt seen a tap of work, allegedly !

But most shows are put on to make money for clubs and hunts and whithout the show stuff entering how much money would they make ?! i agree that a working terrier and lurcher show should be for workers, but when a small hunt puts on a show its for the money to support there pack,catch 22 !

B&T our hunt is out this sat on a place where you can try them dogs of yours, and if the weather stays as crappy as it is now it should be a busy day :) i can lend you a shovel :tongue2:

There are still alot of good blacks and coloured dogs about, but why advertise that fact that you have them, so some thieving twat can steal them ?!

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BUY A GOOD DIGGING DOG IMO B)

Anyway good luck to all this season :D

Edited by dogrun
Guest blackntan
So all the terriers at the EDRD show were workers then? Just askin.
NO EAMON, THE LADS THAT RUNN IT TRY AND TRY TO GET THE WORKING LADS TO ENTER THE ENTERD CLASS AT ALL THE SHOWS THATS THE IDEA OF THE EDRD FINALS JUST FOR ENTERD TERRIERS, AV BEEN AT SHOWS WERE WE HAVE HAD NEAR DRAG LADS IN THE RING WITH WORKING TYPES , THATS WHY THE LADS AND LASSES WHO RUN IT, RUN IT TO PROMOTE WOKING DOGS THEY SEND QALIFIRES TO EVERY SHOW FOR THE ENTERD CLASSES TERRIER AND LURCHERS , THEN PICK WORKING TERRIER MEN TO JUDGE, YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT, ALL YOU LADS IN IRELAND WHO RUN SHOWS GIVE US YOUR ADRESSES AND ILL MAKE SURE THERS A QAULIFIE FOR 09 , THE OPEN SHOW ON THE DAY IS FOR ALL COMERS, ITS UP TO THE JUDGE WHO HE PICKS , MAKE THE ENTERD CLASS AT EVERY SHOW THE CLASS FOR WORKERS AND PICK A WORKING JUDGE, THESE SHOWS ARE FUND RAISERS FOR HUNTS AND TERRIER AND LURCHER CLUBS, THE ONES WHO SLAG THEM , ITS EASY DONT GO , TO THE LADS THAT DO GO ENTER THE ENTERD CLASS :thumbs:
Guest blackntan
Not all at EDRD show were workers, but alot better percentage than most shows ! the lakie that won the main show (not the edrd champ) hasnt seen a tap of work, allegedly !

But most shows are put on to make money for clubs and hunts and whithout the show stuff entering how much money would they make ?! i agree that a working terrier and lurcher show should be for workers, but when a small hunt puts on a show its for the money to support there pack,catch 22 !

B&T our hunt is out this sat on a place where you can try them dogs of yours, and if the weather stays as crappy as it is now it should be a busy day :) i can lend you a shovel :tongue2:

There are still alot of good blacks and coloured dogs about, but why advertise that fact that you have them, so some thieving twat can steal them ?!

WE WILL NEED A JCB TO DIG YOURS IN NEVER MIND OUT :notworthy::laugh::laugh:
Guest blackntan
The dog makes me smile everytime i dig him, and you would be surprised where he can get :tongue2:

Entered class ! entered to what ? rat, rabbit, mole, kennel !

YOU CAN ONLY CALL IT ENTERD, THAT WOMAN THE OTHER YEAR AT ARE SHOW SAID AV ENTERD THIS IN ANOTHER CLASS IS THAT WHAT ITS MEANS, :laugh::laugh: , AND DR I KNOW IT CAN :thumbs:

NO EAMON, THE LADS THAT RUNN IT TRY AND TRY TO GET THE WORKING LADS TO ENTER THE ENTERD CLASS AT ALL THE SHOWS THATS THE IDEA OF THE EDRD FINALS JUST FOR ENTERD TERRIERS, AV BEEN AT SHOWS WERE WE HAVE HAD NEAR DRAG LADS IN THE RING WITH WORKING TYPES , THATS WHY THE LADS AND LASSES WHO RUN IT, RUN IT TO PROMOTE WOKING DOGS THEY SEND QALIFIRES TO EVERY SHOW FOR THE ENTERD CLASSES TERRIER AND LURCHERS , THEN PICK WORKING TERRIER MEN TO JUDGE, YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT, ALL YOU LADS IN IRELAND WHO RUN SHOWS GIVE US YOUR ADRESSES AND ILL MAKE SURE THERS A QAULIFIE FOR 09 , THE OPEN SHOW ON THE DAY IS FOR ALL COMERS, ITS UP TO THE JUDGE WHO HE PICKS , MAKE THE ENTERD CLASS AT EVERY SHOW THE CLASS FOR WORKERS AND PICK A WORKING JUDGE, THESE SHOWS ARE FUND RAISERS FOR HUNTS AND TERRIER AND LURCHER CLUBS, THE ONES WHO SLAG THEM , ITS EASY DONT GO , TO THE LADS THAT DO GO ENTER THE ENTERD CLASS :thumbs:

+all the dogs at the earth dog running dog finals had to win a working class both terrier and lurcher . over 100 shows requested qualifiers for there show and we ask for a seperate working judge to judge the class . the judge can only judge whats in front of him so if the workers ar,nt there a show type will go through . a true worker won the day . and a nice dog won the open show. we are sending qualifiers out now for 09 and a good number of shows already have them so next year should be just as good

i think terriermen have a bigger problem working together than the terriers themselves

regardless of colour in terriers,there should only be one standard for a terrier"how does it work below ground",

if your happy with your terrier's work that's all that matters to you,but if setting standards for terriers

as a bench mark, then all terriermen have to unite and agree at an official meeting,arguing on forums does not lead to a permanent solution or final conclusion,atb,

Higgins.

Edited by higgins

HAVE YOU DUG TO THE WINNER B&T, AND IF SO HOW GOOD IS HE, IS HE A WORTHY WINNER.

THE BEST SHOWS I HAVE EVER BEEN TO, WERE THE ONES HELD ON A FARM THE NIGHT BEFORE ONE OF THE BEST SO CALLED WORKING TERRIER SHOWS ON THE SHOW MANS CALENDAR,,,FUNNY THING WAS THE WINNERS WERE NO WERE TO BE SEEN ON THE DAY OF THE BIG SHOW...WONDER WHY. :secret:

YOU DID,NT QUOTE B+T IT WAS ME SO I SUPPOSE I SHOU,LD ANSWER

NO IV NEVER DUG TO THE WINNING DOG BUT I HAVE MET THE OWNER AND ADMIRED HIS DOGS THEY ALL SHOWED SIGNS OF WORK AND WERE ALL FIT . I ASKED WHAT THEY WORKED LIKE AND HE WAS HONEST AND SAID SOME WERE BETTER THAN OTHERS (AS ALL OUR DOGS ARE IF WERE HONEST ABOUT IT ) BUT THE DOG IN QUESTION WAS A GOOD DOG AND HE HAD DUG TO IT MANY TIMES.

NOW I HAVE NO REASON TO THINK HE WOULD LIE TO ME AS HE HAD NOTHING TO PROVE :victory:

THIS THREAD STARTED AS "WHERE HAVE THE BLACK WORKING TERRIERS GONE"

HOW DID IT GET ON TO SHOWS ??