BULL TERRIERS

had them now 4 gen's and this litter,bred the parent's of them,grand parent's and so,as i've said the dog's i started with were not like the show type,not so exaggarate'd and heavy,as i bred them i keep't the leaner,leggie one's with out so much weight on them and alway's gone for the most forward active one's.

and fair play to you for that...i belive breeders of any breed of dog should be breeding for the healthiest example of their chosen breed...but...this is a hunting forum and the emphasis is on a working dog...and i personally dont belive the english bull is any longer a working animal...crossing it with pit or staff will give you a hardy hybrid in the short term but in the long run for it to be an english bull it has to LOOK like an english bull and in a breeding program for working dogs comprimise like breeding for looks is where it will all fall on its arse...and in my opinion history proves this is how the english b ull fell by the wayside of working dogs a long long time ago...just my opinion...all the best with your breeding program

the english bull could no longer work because the show people toke their leg's and wind,mentaly they were not use'd so they became dumb.my dog's do look like the old type english bull's but they look that way not for fashion but for function.take a look at the dog's from 1910/30's totaly different to today's dog,leauge's apart.as i've said before the show lot have turned a thoughbred into a cart horse and are still telling us it can win the derby........A.T.B.

You need to learn the history of your breed with an open mind rather than chooseing to belive what suits your purpose

The dogmen of the 1800's stopped using the english bull long before it became a show dog in fact the breed was almost extinct before the show people got hold of them...back in the day when a dog only exsisted to do a job the english bull was one of the first breeds regd with th KC (show dog)...the breed was in decline from day one and in the 1930's they bred the staff back into them to create the coloured bull terrier in an attempt to stop the rot...the english bull (bar a few exceptions) never was a true game/working dog in its pure form

as for the function/working ability of your dogs well only time will tell no website or message board can make a dog what its not and we will see if in years to come those that work a bull in the field seek out the dogs you breed...kennels are founded on reputation not hype

Was told these dogs of yours go for £650 a pup??

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the breed was in decline from day one and in the 1930's they bred the staff back into them to create the coloured bull terrier in an attempt to stop the rot

Ted Lyon started breeding "staffs" back into the EBT in 1907 as he felt as field dogs they were too "soft" and hence the coloured Bull Terrier was born

i know my history and read the same book's as you by the sound of it.the dog men of this country may of stopped useing them but they were and still are being use'd all around the world and still found here in britain today,as for my dog's ,i know what they can and do do,for some reason you seem to think that you and the click are the only one's doing anything with dog's on this site.i have dog's out there,i've now't to prove my dog's are doing that.and yes i do want £650 for a pup,so what ?you forgot to mention that i've also farmed dog's out to mate's at my expence for year's.As far as reputation's go yes thank you i've a good one.........A.TB.

There are still good EBT´s all around the world, despite the almost exclusive concentration by the show-world on "looks". Here in Spain I have been impressed by a couple of strains I have found, and the family who have them have told me that in their home country, Argentina, the old-type athletic EBT is still used for a number of things. There are still good uns in Eastern Europe and Russia ( used for the nasty pit stuff I´m not interested in, but still, it shows there´s still performance and drive in the EBT blood).

Here we hunt pigs with Dogos/Alanos/Pits (and mixtures of everything) and my 20 kg "old-style" EBT has never let me down. It´s just a matter of finding more of them to keep a "live" strain going, but I think it´s do-able even if others might not have seen it and , therefore, don´t believe it.

I have had 2 english bulls and you could not pay me to feed another, the most stubborn, ignorant useless dogs i have ever known. One of them came from a lad that was trying to breed gameness into them and had very limited success before giving up and keeping pits. Another local dogman that had some famous dogs back in the 80s packed in with pit bulls and kept ebts and miniature ebts, he reckoned the miniatures were a lot more fiery (still useless though). It may well be a different story in other countries but there are better breeds for everything you may want a dog for here.

With everyone giving up on the breed and just calling em useless of course things wont get better. Same goes for the stafford imo as being a working game dog, most people ethier keep em as pets or they jump abit of aframe and decide that makes the dog worthy of breeding. Keep the dogs how you wish just dont breed a dog thats not proved it self imo as many people who work dogs keep them in shitter conditions than those who dont work em, doesnt make em any less of a dogman imo.

Fair play to the bloke though his trying to better the ebt into a dog thats actually able to take shape and get into condition, im sure youll get a game one pop up some where..its then just seeing how that one produces and prehaps the ebt can make a come back.

Guest Countryboyo
With everyone giving up on the breed and just calling em useless of course things wont get better. Same goes for the stafford imo as being a working game dog, most people ethier keep em as pets or they jump abit of aframe and decide that makes the dog worthy of breeding. Keep the dogs how you wish just dont breed a dog thats not proved it self imo as many people who work dogs keep them in shitter conditions than those who dont work em, doesnt make em any less of a dogman imo.

Fair play to the bloke though his trying to better the ebt into a dog thats actually able to take shape and get into condition, im sure youll get a game one pop up some where..its then just seeing how that one produces and prehaps the ebt can make a come back.

Also have to say fair play to the bloke and why shouldnt he charge £650 a pup after all the years and work he has put into them , some one buying a pup is reaping the benefits of all his work .

Same as when i sell a staff i have had them for generation after generation and worked them and when people dont wanna pay the money what i ask why should i let all my hard work go on the cheap ..........

Well said Roughtrade

lyndon has put years of work into these dogs and is not in it for the cash at all he keeps himself to himself and lets his dogs do the talking, if its not the right stuff he wont use it,he has farmed pups out for years at his own exspense just to get where his dog are today, i have been to his kennels and untill you see these dogs in the flesh and see the effort thats gone into getting these back to how they were meant to be then you can doubt the man

Is it a straight EBT? Or is there Pitt in its breeding somewhere down the line? I only ask that as the EBT X Pitts I've seen have all been Brindle's.

No, but it is not reg. but the parents had AKC papers(I seen them).. so I would just say this one was a freak, they said she was not like the others, as far as temp went, they called her "hyper" LOL.... She was ripping a tire apart doing flips when I first seen her, I thought "if I can get her to bite something she will be a keeper", she works the briers hard as any dog I have seen...

Is it a straight EBT? Or is there Pitt in its breeding somewhere down the line? I only ask that as the EBT X Pitts I've seen have all been Brindle's.

No, but it is not reg. but the parents had AKC papers(I seen them).. so I would just say this one was a freak, they said she was not like the others, as far as temp went, they called her "hyper" LOL.... She was ripping a tire apart doing flips when I first seen her, I thought "if I can get her to bite something she will be a keeper", she works the briers hard as any dog I have seen...

Nice one, you got any other pics of her grafting mate?

Also have to say fair play to the bloke and why shouldnt he charge £650 a pup after all the years and work he has put into them , some one buying a pup is reaping the benefits of all his work .

Same as when i sell a staff i have had them for generation after generation and worked them and when people dont wanna pay the money what i ask why should i let all my hard work go on the cheap ..........

Only just seen this...no need to be so touchy fellas...i only mentioned how much the pups got punted out for i didnt say it was right,wrong,good or bad...i havent even really took a dig at Lyndons dogs in fact i refer to them as "handy looking"...my comments are more about the english bull as a pure bred animal...in case its escaped anyones attention this is a forum and NOT a big free advert the reply button at the bottom of the page entitles us all to post an opinion (dare should know this he has had plenty to say about other people and their dogs)...at the end of the day its irrelevant to me how much you boys flog your puppys for...but in my opinion lifes way too short to be wasteing time and good money on over glorified show dogs...but each to their own...all the best lads...and happy hunting ;)