BULL TERRIERS

Exactly what I was thinking lads....Sure look the part but have they any guts?

Butch

what can your dog do then buddy ?better men than you are useing my dog's all over the country and have been for 15 year's or more come on 'little butch' slap some photo's or your dog's up buddy .

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That comment sounded a bit off with me?

I wasn't taking the piss or bigging my dog up mate ;)

My dog was bought as a pet but I'm giving her a bit of work...

I'll start getting her fit In a bit :)

Mine can do backflips though...What can yours do?

Butch

Edited by Little Butch

ADAM R, in my country is prohibited to work on badgers. i don´t know why because the called "hunters" kill everything they get, even if this isn't the season for it.

they fracking shoot first and see later.

but it sure will work on badgers the bully that i posted.

best regards

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself. I come from Croatia and I own a beautiful BT. He is 46 cm at withers and 23 kg. I was on two occasions with him involved in wild boar hunting where wasn't even ment to be hunting. Short story he was in the car and my friends hunting dogs (which he loves since he met them when I brought him home) went to hunt wild boar, he saw them ran directly onto wild boar and hang there on his ears till I came to take him off. When i first bought him I was a little sad that he is so small and light but now when he is six years old I am so happy with him, his agility, stamina intelligence and good behaviour. His mother was working line BT used for hunting wild boar so I guess he took everything from her. He has extremly well balanced character, I never walk with him on leash, he does not go to the other dogs (male that is) and he is adorable around people. Once he attacked a cow on which I was shouting because she was scratching the car. I was amazed how could this little creature be so brave to attack something 100 times bigger then him. I must say that I approve quest for old type BT's, not the heavy slow unconditioned version. If I'll buy house in next few years I hope I'll get female wiorking line bitch for my dog. Here are some pics, more will follow.DSC00052.jpg

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself. I come from Croatia and I own a beautiful BT. He is 46 cm at withers and 23 kg. I was on two occasions with him involved in wild boar hunting where wasn't even ment to be hunting. Short story he was in the car and my friends hunting dogs (which he loves since he met them when I brought him home) went to hunt wild boar, he saw them ran directly onto wild boar and hang there on his ears till I came to take him off. When i first bought him I was a little sad that he is so small and light but now when he is six years old I am so happy with him, his agility, stamina intelligence and good behaviour. His mother was working line BT used for hunting wild boar so I guess he took everything from her. He has extremly well balanced character, I never walk with him on leash, he does not go to the other dogs (male that is) and he is adorable around people. Once he attacked a cow on which I was shouting because she was scratching the car. I was amazed how could this little creature be so brave to attack something 100 times bigger then him. I must say that I approve quest for old type BT's, not the heavy slow unconditioned version. If I'll buy house in next few years I hope I'll get female wiorking line bitch for my dog. Here are some pics, more will follow.DSC00052.jpg

cracking looking dog there 'hadjidan',got two colour'd bull's here look very simular (1 dog,1 bitch ),glad your having some fun with him and he's doing you proud, the bitch ellen is working on a cattle farm in scotland,i've been told she's a feeker with the cattle aswell,my mate think's the world of her,he's down in two w/k's time to pick up another pup of me, he rate's them highly.best of luck with your's, looking forward to more photo's.

A little off topic hope you won't mind; I knew a BT who was guarding sheep in mountains in Croatia and he did it well as I've heard. Mine was mith my friends dog (husky) 3 days with sheep in Lika (mountainous part of Croatia 1500m above sea level -15 C during the day) and he didn't even catch a cold. I hope and believe that we must do our best to keep our dogs as working as they can get to be utilized both as a hunting dog, guarding dog or farm dog since it's ancestors were engaged in similar stuff.

Hello everyone!

cracking dog you have there mate.

Sounds like you have the right out look on this breed.

Keep up the good work.

Here is a pic of my little bitch.

DSCF6966.jpg

DSCF6965.jpg

A little off topic hope you won't mind; I knew a BT who was guarding sheep in mountains in Croatia and he did it well as I've heard. Mine was mith my friends dog (husky) 3 days with sheep in Lika (mountainous part of Croatia 1500m above sea level -15 C during the day) and he didn't even catch a cold. I hope and believe that we must do our best to keep our dogs as working as they can get to be utilized both as a hunting dog, guarding dog or farm dog since it's ancestors were engaged in similar stuff.
totally agree with you,i have over over the year's had bull's tested at sleve work and in the hunting field (drawing,bushing and even run some of my bitch's down the beam,1 was 20 ats 44 lb,her daughter was 21 ats 45 lb,i'm not saying they were top lamping dog's but they did take to it ).i have also placed them in home's where they do agility work and as i've said farm's where they are being worked.i like a dog that work's both mentally and phisically.keep up the good work 'hadjidan' your dog's a credit to you.
have we got a resurgance of a breed i thought id never see perform again,OOOOHHHHH IM SOOOO EXCITED :toast:
i know i will get some shit for what i am about to say,but the old bull terrier was one of the finest animal's bred on this island and we can blame the k.c. for feeking them up all we want but it is down to the working dog men as well for letting them get away with it.why did the working type die out because they let them,instead they follow'd fashion and started inporting from over sea's or turning to the IT dog of that time.WORKING DOG'S/STRAIN'S ONLY DIE OUT BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THEM LET THEM DIE OUT.
have we got a resurgance of a breed i thought id never see perform again,OOOOHHHHH IM SOOOO EXCITED :toast:
i know i will get some shit for what i am about to say,but the old bull terrier was one of the finest animal's bred on this island and we can blame the k.c. for feeking them up all we want but it is down to the working dog men as well for letting them get away with it.why did the working type die out because they let them,instead they follow'd fashion and started inporting from over sea's or turning to the IT dog of that time.WORKING DOG'S/STRAIN'S ONLY DIE OUT BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THEM LET THEM DIE OUT.

F**king knob on pal :clapper: