muck boot

:) just bought a pair of muckboot tay wellies but i was after the esk ones but the shop didnt have the esk so i opted for the tay they seem just dandy to me however is the tay a less quality boot to the esk ??? does anyone know and could they post comment please .. cheers :thumbs:

:) just bought a pair of muckboot tay wellies but i was after the esk ones but the shop didnt have the esk so i opted for the tay they seem just dandy to me however is the tay a less quality boot to the esk ??? does anyone know and could they post comment please .. cheers :thumbs:

I've got a pair of muck boots mate they're brill! :thumbs: f****d if I know what one's they are though :doh::boogie:

I've got a pair of muck boots mate they're brill! :thumbs: f****d if I know what one's they are though :doh::boogie:

[/quote

:doh: lol . they are comfy but time will tell if they stand up to the scotish terrain :thumbs:

Had mine nearly two year and no probs they're a sturdy boot :)

ive got a pair of tay boots ,best wellies ive ever put me feet in :D had them last year worked all winter on the farm with them on and the have had some hammer , got stuck on some barbed wire and ripped the top lair on them plus the ripped the toe on one of them but they still dont leak there still going strong , there light and warm as feck :good: Fezz

Guest JohnGalway

Have had mine (Esk) for more than a year now, worn them day in day out farm work and hunting. Two things, one is the inside lining on the heel has worn away (probably my own fault for buying online and not trying them on in a shop but I never seen them here) and there are outside rubber type strips that have partially come away from the main boot, they won't fully come off I think but they're squeeking a tiny bit which I'm going to have to do something about. All in all a decent boot. I live in an area of Ireland with very rough ground, lots of sharp rock (and I do mean LOTS) bog etc.

I found the same thing with the tweed ie sole wore out fairly quickly and very little grip on wet grass or mud; I went A.O.T. in them a few times. :icon_redface: Have since bought another type with much better grip but also a bit heavier.

I had these muck boots 4 years ago. They are still wearing well. The only problem I found with them, is when the wellies develop a crease around the ankle area, they tend to split and leak. The easy solution I found to repair this, was a bike puncture outfit kit. This solves all leaks and wellies can last a bit longer, and saves getting a new pair.

I have got to say though these are the most comfortable hard wearing wellies that I have owned.

post-3876-1218892270.jpgpost-3876-1218892284.jpg