Brian Plummer Lurcher

Not 100% sure what the oroginal fathom was to be honest but would always thought that it would have been collie blooded. There may have been some bull way back but it was certianly well diluted by the Pherab and Medra era.

Fathom 2 was either merab or phedra (always got them muddled up) x Hancocks Goose - red merle half cross. Defenatly was no GSD in them.

I used to take Fathom 2 out very often and she was suberbly well trained but she lacked a bit of pace for me. I would have put a greyhound over her and you would have had some cracking pups.

She ended up going to a guy down south called Mark (cant remember his surename) when Brian knew he wasn'r going to get better.

Little Fathom, I believe was the result of a tully x merab mating

Minion if you mean Merab II, she was out of goose x solo, a brindle bitch.

Edited by Garn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my partner knew Brian well. as close friend of his nick Mitchell, had fathom for a while he said she was a fair bitch for ferreting. i believe he did a little bit of lamping with her, then took her b

cross reading books plummer mated peguin to tony ahernes ,rusty which was a first cross collie greyhound not sure if this is the litter that fathom was from? but still not sure what peguins make up is but looking at pictures of the dog i would say alot of collie greyhound in her :icon_redface:

Fathom was a bit older than Merle who was the same age as Rusty according to the book merle.

merle was run at the same time as penguin on fox in the book merle, so meaning rusty could have been put over penguin to breed fathom {just look at peter stringfellows lol}

also in the book merle theres a picture of fathom with eddie jones and celt which is one of merles sons bred back to a greyhound

my partner knew Brian well. as close friend of his nick Mitchell, had fathom for a while he said she was a fair bitch for ferreting. i believe he did a little bit of lamping with her, then took her back to Brian. my partner had woolly bear out fathom and Merle, for a sort while.. the dog was very green. he gave it back to Brian then Brian gave it to someone else. also Brian gave steph, my partner, Barack and ballum. again VERY GREEN!. steph gave barak away to a good home.. and found the other dog was stone deaf!. pts . steph say's he found him very kind to him personally and genuine. but read the stories with a big shovel full of salt.lol went ratting one time with Brian .saw maybe twelve rats killed and Brian was talking of 200 on the way home.lol well it was dark in the shed perhaps i missed a few kills in the dark or had arc eye from the lamp. not telling a story here as you can see the back of steph in the back of the book omega. a bit lamp shy lol turned his back to the camera.but saying all that steph did breed an excellent

litter out of Merle, to a top class greyhound bitch who bred a st ledger greyhound finalist., to a greyhound stud dog. one of the pups out of Merle and the greyhound.called Merlin. chalkwarren will know. and another pup from the litter went on to be an outstanding fox dog. and another bitch from the same litter went on to be top all round bitch.i enjoyed the mans company .and it sad that such a character of a man is no longer with us to tell us a few long tales.. i bet he's bending Gods ear up there with his AxB x CxB back to AxD matings that should produce ?????????? saying that he kindled a lot of interest for people in dogs and used to have a good craic with him at times. :thumbs:

• Like 1
Very good gnipper, although at the time I was younger and beleived him when he told me the dogs gave different marks to indicate how many rabbits were in the warren :icon_redface::laugh:

Seen that myself Simoman, i was convinced they were letting him know how many rabbit's were going to bolt :icon_redface: I know some of his tale's were far fetched but that did'nt bother me it was entertaining stuff.