Brian Plummer Lurcher

There is a debate on another forum regarding the type of cross that Brian Plummers Lurcher "Fathom"

was.

I remember Brian saying it was a Alsation X, and its in one of his books,- would anyone have the book showing Fathom and its type of cross. Take care as i hear he had two called Fathom but one is in the book as Alsation X.

What book is it in

Thanks for any info on this.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my partner knew Brian well. as close friend of his nick Mitchell, had fathom for a while he said she was a fair bitch for ferreting. i believe he did a little bit of lamping with her, then took her b

Got the books in the loft,too late to go up there,besides,its dark and theres spiders and "stuff" but wasnt Fathom just a line-bred lurcher?Never recall any mention of Alsation in the lineage :hmm:

Yes i thought it was just collie x, having said that them last few he had looked a bit alsasiony with their black masks. Phaedra and merab was it? always in the countrymans many moons back. cheers wex

I am only going off what Brian said, but a friend who knew him very well, says its in one of the books,- just don't know which book.

I have a book off his with a white german shepard on the cover

The original Fathom was probably one of the best lurchers plummer ever had on his yard she was bred out of penguin i believe to Grip [f1 Arkinglas deerhound x greyhound]i dont think either parent was bred by him Grip was bred by Bodger but class dogs in the field Grip sired a load of bitches and some real good types.

I owned a couple down from Grip if they was on it was over great mouths and stamina to burn i saw Grip kill his last hare with Terry Aherne he was thirteen then old battered and with half a tail .

The original Fathom was probably one of the best lurchers plummer ever had on his yard she was bred out of penguin i believe to Grip [f1 Arkinglas deerhound x greyhound]i dont think either parent was bred by him Grip was bred by Bodger but class dogs in the field Grip sired a load of bitches and some real good types.

I owned a couple down from Grip if they was on it was over great mouths and stamina to burn i saw Grip kill his last hare with Terry Aherne he was thirteen then old battered and with half a tail .

If thats her breeding then she was a 3/4 bull grey X deerxgrey?